Villanova Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
19AA42D1-B1EA-4823-8A51-FDFA8ADF144D.jpeg

Reaction Score
  1. Hat tip to Diarra. He’s in a limited role on this team but he stepped up both defensively and as a facilitator with Newton’s foul trouble. Thought this was his best game against a real opponent.
  2. Loved the looks they were getting for Hawkins and Karaban.
  3. The first person who suggests Sanogo at the four after watching Dixon today should get banned from the board for the rest of the season.
  4. Uncharacteristically meh facilitating night for Jackson. He seemed off today.
  5. Continued this team’s trend of disappearing the opponent’s star freshman.
  6. Nova game planned to sell out on the post defense. It’s pick your poison with this team and they took what Nova gave them instead of forcing it.
  7. Thought the refs were good this game. Some missed calls but felt even and unlike recent games, they did not totally destroy the flow of the game. They allowed physical play but didn’t let it get out of hand.
  8. C offensive performance but this team’s defense makes them a really tough out even when the shots aren’t falling.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I realize it's 2023 and it's no longer a thing but I'd have every player who got a foul by falling for a pump fake running steps at Gampel. Tonight.

Master of obvious but Hawkins O kept UConn in game in second half and Diarra's D really made second half winnable.

Glad to see Karaban's aggressiveness on offense with smaller ayers guarding him.

Reaction Score
Sanogo scored 7. Joey C was held scoreless. Newton took 2 shots. Jackson shot 3-11. And we still won by 8.

GREAT scoring performances from Hawkins and Karaban. The offense was really ugly in the first half and they're pretty much the only 2 reasons we were still up.

We needed to slow them down in the second half, enter Hassan Diarra. He's the MVP of the game tonight by completely blowing up Nova's offense. 4 steals in the second half and brought unlimited energy.

In the Scouting Report thread I said Sanogo and Clingan should dominate because Nova doesn't have any answer for them. I was so wrong. AMAZING game from Eric Dixon. He absolutely dominated for most of the game

But at the end of the day, great win. This team has shown many times that even when the offense isn't working, there's so much depth that SOMEBODY will get you going enough to pull out a win

Reaction Score
Nova’s game plan was to pound it into the paint which worked well in both halves. UConn did better in the second half but Nova did a real good job taking him out of the game. We still put up 74 with Sanogo’s limited scoring.
76AD88BB-25EC-46B6-9871-9CC321A46E78.png
35D6782C-5E56-4F7F-9B19-22635F9A0F68.png

Reaction Score
Good win Huskies.

Nova has upside as we get experience as a team with Cam playing in the rotation and then hopefully getting Moore back. Looking for hosting UConn on the return game in March.
Is Moore going to be able to play? Damn an Achilles tear is tough and usually takes a year.I felt so bad for hi. When that happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom