Villanova Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Villanova Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You think the refs were worth 10-14 points?! No idea what game you were watching.
Yep. 3pts for the phantom call on Sanogo, there were at least 3 plays where a travel was not called, and Nova eventually scored. One time was a 3. I’m up to 10 already. Shall I continue?

Mind you, I’m not one to harp on the refs. But they were quite bad.

Reaction Score
Yep. 3pts for the phantom call on Sanogo, there were at least 3 plays where a travel was not called, and Nova eventually scored. One time was a 3. I’m up to 10 already. Shall I continue?

There were some missed calls the other way as well (alleyne grabbing his guy after getting toasted on a back cut is the most blatant coming to mind). Theres zero chance they were worth double digit points.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Lol at the Nova fans thinking UConn is a fraud after this game. Talk about sour grapes.

a3wOWev.png
What site?

Reaction Score
Adama was very underwhelming. Apart from his lack of scoring (partly due to great denial from Nova) he had 1 whole rebound in 25 mins. He has not been rebounding well this year, down almost 2 per game from last year. Dixon seems to win the majority of matchups against him.

Games like this have become somewhat common for Adama, he and the team need to work better to get him more involved. Opens up our entire playbook.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Adama was very underwhelming. Apart from his lack of scoring (partly due to great denial from Nova) he had 1 whole rebound in 25 mins. He has not been rebounding well this year, down almost 2 per game from last year. Dixon seems to win the majority of matchups against him.

Games like this have become somewhat common for Adama, he and the team need to work better to get him more involved. Opens up our entire playbook.
Nova said we’re going to dent Sanogo everything and let whoever else try and beat us

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Nah, Adama has to work at not sucking so bad. My buddy asked if he was sick. I'm thinking he's predisastered and that's bad news for Xavier.

Reaction Score
Loved the Diarra sub. What disappointed me with Sanogo was that he started to sacrifice the 'flow' of the offense to try to get going. I know he was struggling and it happens. Guys have bad nights. It just seemed he started to force it a few times. He was also given the ball in some bad spots.
Still, I thik Hurley nees to sit Jackson down and tell him the next time he gets a stupid 'T' he sitting for a half. It's tough to do in conference play especially, but it just needs to stop. It killed the momentum his 3 just gave them and it put himin fou trouble later.

Reaction Score
This Archidiacano is probably the worst player I've ever seen play more than 20 minutes per game for Nova. I don't know a single thing he does well at this level
If not for his brother he would never have even gotten a look from Jay Wright when recruiting. He was a 2 star according to 247. It is pretty mind blowing that he's starting and getting this many minutes.

Reaction Score
Karaban was the X Factor tonight. Played great switch D with Sanogo on Dixon. Finally knocked down threes and had great ball movement.

Their defense suffocated our bigs out of attempts tonight. I know we needed to get Sanogo back in there, but that 9 minute mark of DC making a few plays in a row was the only spark the 5 gave us.

Diarra game MVP no doubt.
Enjoy Hawkins while we got him.

Reaction Score
If this game doesn’t put to bed the ridiculous “play AS and DC together at the same time” for eternity I’m not sure what to say anymore

Just because it was inappropriate tonight, it doesn't mean in other situations it doesn't make sense. Do you think every other game this season will be a mirror of this one?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Dixon deserves a lot of credit for his defense on Sanogo, his ball denial kept Adama from giving him the chance to get worked in the post. I think you could argue Clingan outplayed Dixon in his limited minutes though.

Reaction Score

Reffing in the big east is a refs worst nightmare. They could call something on every play. Unfortunatly we have seen these three far too often. First, they talk back to the coaches. That is a no no. It just encourages coaches to lose their temper.
Second, they are inconsistent. Threatening a technical on Hurley for his sidewise look to the ref on a bad call Was quite a joke. If they start handing our technicals for antagonistic looks, we had better find new refs.
Three, they let Dixon get away with murder. From numerous uncalled three seconds in the lane to his frequent uncalled hooks of UCONN players its no wonder Sanogo was off his game.. Based on the success of this strategy tonight, I predict we will see other teams try this strategy as well.

Reaction Score
Our centers had off games because Nova's game plan was to remove them from the game by pulling them away from the basket on offense and deny the entry and double on defense. Then they laid off Andre and let him shoot. Make the rest of the team beat you. The rest of the team did. McDermott did something similar to UConn last year and it worked. The team's depth and Hurley's use of the bench plus Hawk and Karaban showing out made the difference.

MJ1

Reaction Score
This Archidiacano is probably the worst player I've ever seen play more than 20 minutes per game for Nova. I don't know a single thing he does well at this level
My thoughts exactly, he hurts them more than he helps them. Coach needs to limit him to 10-15 minutes a game and use Armstrong and Hassan more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom