Villanova game cancelled | The Boneyard

Villanova game cancelled

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I'm getting tired of this Stuff, the next Prognosticators Predictions thread will be posted on 1/6. If you have to ask the word in bold italics is not the one I wanted to use.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The Caronavirus..........................the virus that just keeps on giving. :( Other programs are playing. This "pall" has got to pass, and we can begin our conference play. This too shall pass.

sun

Reaction Score
But I swear that I saw Paige shoot a bucket while hopping on one foot!
She's all ready to go go go!

Reaction Score
Aren't non-covid related injuries also affecting UConn's ability to play? I thought it was a combination of both impacting their ability to have the minimum of 7 players.

Reaction Score
Fingers crossed for seeing the game played Sunday, At this point everybody in the conference has played 12-14 games except Georgetown at 10 and us at 9. Hoping to see Paige chumping at the bit on the sideline and everybody else dressed and hitting the floor!

Reaction Score
Aren't non-covid related injuries also affecting UConn's ability to play? I thought it was a combination of both impacting their ability to have the minimum of 7 players.
Both.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'm so disappointed. These cancellations are taking the fun out of this season.
Today, right this minute, we have no idea when UConn will play its next game. All we can do is take the schedule and our team’s health one day at a time.

I‘m not counting on Aubrey until I see her enter a game. Hopefully Nika and Azzi will be cleared and ready to play in our next game, whenever that is. Keep hope alive. :cool:

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Today, right this minute, we have no idea when UConn will play its next game. All we can do is take the schedule and our team’s health one day at a time.

I‘m not counting on Aubrey until I see her enter a game. Hopefully Nika and Azzi will be cleared and ready to play in our next game, whenever that is. Keep hope alive. :cool:
I think based on what Geno said with Bob Joyce we have a couple of weeks before we see Nika and Azzi. Hopefully by the end of the month and Im guessing. As far as those sick with the virus they may be able to come but how long before theyre up to speed too?????
We have alot of kids who have to come back healthy and get up to speed and we dont know who they all are. As far as Sundays game I would be very surprised if we play it. I think the best shot is Wednesday against Butler. Heck we dont even know if all the kids are back on campus yet. Some were sick at home, some when they got back and we dont know who they are. What a mess.

Reaction Score
It’s still early. If it’s decided that the season will continue through, we will have a healthy team when it matters. Damn, I just made a complete Tonyc out of myself.

Reaction Score
can we just cancel the season at this point? Does this mean there's going to be a span of 6 games in 12 days in the future? Is that good for the health of the players? This season just feels like everything that can go wrong has gone wrong.

Reaction Score
While frustrating, postponments not all a bad thing. Have several relatives in the medical field and all comment on the amount of time it takes some to come back. Appears Omicron variant in particular is hammering younger crowd, leaving many with lack of energy for 60-90 days or longer. Would be curious how many Huskies have Covid - not great but getting through the worse now could be an asset at tournament time.

Reaction Score
Covid is actually making me lose interest in sports. Never thought I d say that but my heart isn’t in it the same. I feel sorry for all of the college players and even regular students who have had their college experience taken away from them for the last few years. It’s been abnormal to say the least. Writing this made me wonder if the reason ONO and Williams haven’t developed as Geno expected is because of the starts and stops the last few years. How can they be consistent in inconsistent times. They can be, but some people don’t handle distractions as well as others.

Reaction Score
Covid is actually making me lose interest in sports. Never thought I d say that but my heart isn’t in it the same. I feel sorry for all of the college players and even regular students who have had their college experience taken away from them for the last few years. It’s been abnormal to say the least. Writing this made me wonder if the reason ONO and Williams haven’t developed as Geno expected is because of the starts and stops the last few years. How can they be consistent in inconsistent times. They can be, but some people don’t handle distractions as well as others.
I'm with you there, this is the 1st time the rangers are good in a long time and I watched last night's game vs Oilers but I don't know just doesn't feel the same before Covid happened. I think Covid has sucked the happiness out of sports which is a shame.

Reaction Score
Patience is all I can say. As we quietly await an injury report for the return of the missing of our team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom