Villanova at Providence | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Villanova at Providence

Who will win tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Sorry to hear that. Tough break. I lost on Mich St -3.5 against a below 0.500 Penn St
It was a free bet I won for hitting the Super Bowl moneyline. Should have hedged Nova -2.5 or -3.5 when it was briefly available in-game.

Reaction Score
It was a free bet I won for hitting the Super Bowl moneyline. Should have hedged Nova -2.5 or -3.5 when it was briefly available in-game.
Oh that’s good- it takes the sting out of the loss. Yeah those in game hedges have to be relatively quick decisions.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Depaul with a small lead, playing in front of friends and family.

Wintrust Arena is Depaul's version of Rentschler Field. It is a multi-use, multi tenant facility that they put way off campus, near the convention center, McCormick Place. The neighborhood is not that interesting, and is about 35-40 minutes from the Depaul campus. Wintrust is a lot better location than Allstate out by the airport, but it is still not easy to get to for students. The weird thing is that Depaul's campus is in the coolest section of the city, and a local arena could be a huge draw.

Reaction Score
Providence better root like hell for us to beat Nova at XL Center. Otherwise, the Friars' only shot to win the league is to win @Villanova on Senior Night with a championship on the line. Don't think Nova is losing @Butler or vs. Georgetown.

Reaction Score
Depaul with a small lead, playing in front of friends and family.

Wintrust Arena is Depaul's version of Rentschler Field. It is a multi-use, multi tenant facility that they put way off campus, near the convention center, McCormick Place. The neighborhood is not that interesting, and is about 35-40 minutes from the Depaul campus. Wintrust is a lot better location than Allstate out by the airport, but it is still not easy to get to for students. The weird thing is that Depaul's campus is in the coolest section of the city, and a local arena could be a huge draw.
Winning, winning, winning is greater than location, location, location for hoops real estate.

Reaction Score
The thing I don't understand about this game. Providence had a big inside advantage with Watson especially with Villanova switching guards like Gillespie onto him. How Providence tried to not pass the ball inside to him when they needed big baskets in the second half is mind-boggling.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Plenty of posters have always rooted for Providence. A good PC is good for New England/northeast basketball and good for the Big East. It's you guys who have the hate/obsession.

Good luck tonight.
I was a 14 year old growing up in Groton when Ernie D took them to the final four. It was a pretty big deal. Plus, Dave Gavitt gave us the Big East. Hard for me to hate on PC.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
PC will win by double digits. Unless I put money on it... then they'll lose or win by 1 point less than they are giving.
There might be a way for you to salvage it anyway. If it starts going the wrong way for you get up and stop watching it on tv.

Reaction Score
Providence made 5 3’s and Nova made 11. The rest of the game for both sides was layups and putbacks with foul shots for the most part. Backing down in the paint to get a layup. Both teams shooting nearly 50% from the field.

Reaction Score
I recall Dixon dominating us but last night he was pretty much a non factor. He looked like a different player, Watson’s size and strength not much different that Adama’s. Watson and Croswell abused him.
Seemed like Watson had 5 fouls in the 1st 5 min but was only called for 1. Same situation, our C is on the bench.

Reaction Score
I recall Dixon dominating us but last night he was pretty much a non factor. He looked like a different player, Watson’s size and strength not much different that Adama’s. Watson and Croswell abused him.
Seemed like Watson had 5 fouls in the 1st 5 min but was only called for 1. Same situation, our C is on the bench.
For us, 2 quick fouls on Adama and it’s game over with Hurley benching him. So much if the outcome is based on what refs call with these teams.

Reaction Score
It's so constant I think it has just become part of him, officials don't even notice. Kinda like the old Georgetown teams of the 80's - so much contact,couldn't call it all
But isn't that the coaches job to bring up with officials BEFORE the game starts...or even talk about it in the pre game press? That was something Pat Riley used to always do before a big game to get the media tuned in before the game

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Gillespie must have some magic spell that tells players taller and more athletic to go for pump fakes.

I see this a lot regarding Gillespie but it should be a cue to every player at every level…there’s no magic that he has, it’s just being a good offensive player that uses ball fakes often. Eventually it will get most defenders. If it doesn’t, then you rise up and shoot when they don’t bite.

Not really directed at you as much as the “how does Gillespie DO THAT?!” crowd as though he’s not good and ball fakes don’t universally work.

Reaction Score
That was a good game. Fox can‘t be happy this was on CBSS. Probably the highest ratings of the year. The whole league was watching.

Reaction Score
Gillespie will be a tough matchup again for us. Who do we put on him?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom