Villanova and St. John's games postponed... | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Villanova and St. John's games postponed...

Reaction Score
Connecticut has around 600,000 folks 65+. Indiana has over a million. beagle on.
Make an insult because you are an ass that’s fine, but there are many reasons that we had more cases and deaths, many of them not related to policy. But go head and believe whatever you want and say Indiana has a better policy because they are playing a game today

Reaction Score
Connecticut has around 600,000 folks 65+. Indiana has over a million. beagle on.
You think you're making a point here. CT. has a population of 3,565,000 Indiana has a population of 6,732,000 and yes CT. has an older population than Indiana. There are a bunch of other factors more important than this but you chose this.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Make an insult because you are an ass that’s fine, but there are many reasons that we had more cases and deaths, many of them not related to policy. But go head and believe whatever you want and say Indiana has a better policy because they are playing a game today
okey doke:
Indiana has a better policy because they are playing a game today.

Reaction Score
okey doke:
Indiana has a better policy because they are playing a game today.
Is that not essentially the point you are making? That’s the bell you’ve been ringing. Haven’t seen you provide anything else

Reaction Score
Considering we’ve been paused twice and the women’s team the same(I think)... I don’t think we’ve done a great job controlling it.

Reaction Score
still waiting for the answer to the simple question - is the but/x game still on?
Would seem to be.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
All I know is its not easy for us Fans to wait this many days for a game and lets face it who do we Boneyarder's care the most about? Fans!

Reaction Score
There is a simple solution. Double headers. Play one at noon and another at 9. These guys are young and love to play. The most important thing is to get every game in. I mean, how will you seed the tournament if say Villanova has only played 16 games and Creighton played 20? Just hypothetical numbers so don’t get hung up on them. Then say Creighton goes 16-4 and Villanova goes 13-3, but it’s SOS IS worse because of the schools it missed. It could end up being pretty unfair. So my view is double headers. You could do it best at a bubble, but if say UConn plays Xavier @ Xavier it gets PC twice at Gampel. Then the week before the BET everyone comes to MSG a week early and just plays makeup games. Maybe you play at 10 and 7. But got to get them in.

Reaction Score
There is a simple solution. Double headers. Play one at noon and another at 9. These guys are young and love to play. The most important thing is to get every game in. I mean, how will you seed the tournament if say Villanova has only played 16 games and Creighton played 20? Just hypothetical numbers so don’t get hung up on them. Then say Creighton goes 16-4 and Villanova goes 13-3, but it’s SOS IS worse because of the schools it missed. It could end up being pretty unfair. So my view is double headers. You could do it best at a bubble, but if say UConn plays Xavier @ Xavier it gets PC twice at Gampel. Then the week before the BET everyone comes to MSG a week early and just plays makeup games. Maybe you play at 10 and 7. But got to get them in.
You lost me at double headers.

Reaction Score
Considering we’ve been paused twice and the women’s team the same(I think)... I don’t think we’ve done a great job controlling it.
All it takes is for one player or Ref or coach, to slip up, and then comes the shutdown.

Sometimes, it could be something inadvertent, and people are not perfect.

I wouldn't blame it on a program. The Super Bowl teams are in a bubble with strict rules, but if somebody leaves the area to get a pizza or has a girlfriend visit, there goes. Stephen A. had a segment on ESPN about the players not doing what I wrote in the last sentence. "Don't let the Rona ruin the game," or something like that he said.

Requires a lot of discipline and commitment to the goals of the team, putting those ahead of personal desires.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I think the single tourney location makes great sense. And I can only imagine the planning going into it. I just don't understand why, given this whole mess, the NCAA didn't initially push the damn thing back 3 (or more) weeks to build in room for makeup games, and time for some isolation and testing before it starts.

Seriously, is it all about "March Madness" branding? Were they actually worried about an empty period in schedules? You can always schedule more games, or spread scheduled games out if that unlikely scenario happened.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think the single tourney location makes great sense. And I can only imagine the planning going into it. I just don't understand why, given this whole mess, the NCAA didn't initially push the damn thing back 3 (or more) weeks to build in room for makeup games, and time for some isolation and testing before it starts.

Seriously, is it all about "March Madness" branding? Were they actually worried about an empty period in schedules? You can always schedule more games, or spread scheduled games out if that unlikely scenario happened.
I think that has a ton to do with it. The nba did not do as well in numbers with their season being off. I think they really want to keep the tourney in March for that reason

Reaction Score
The double header thing was obviously a good...but I did hear that the combination of Connecticut protocols and NY City and NY State protocols made UConn traveling to St Johns a non-starter.

Also, there are many factors besides deaths to measure success of Covid strategies. But first, remember Connecticut was hit very early before treatment options were known, really before anything was known. In the last uptick after the holidays we didn’t have hospitals overwhelmed or even close. As of Friday Indiana had over 1900 Covid hospitalizations. CT had under 1000.

Reaction Score
Double headers? You are nuts! Dan Hurley was upset that the Nova game was scheduled two days after Butler! The most important thing is getting all the game in? That is most certainly NOT the most important thing. How about the well being of the players? You think injuries are bad now? Add double headers. When guys are tired (which they are after playing all out for a Division I basketball game) they will be more prone to injury. All it takes is dragging a foot slightly because a guy is tired and there goes an ankle or knee. It's Covid time. Everyone knows there's no way for everyone to be on an even playing field going into the tournament. It is what it is this year.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Basically, any missed games at this point means that's one fewer game we're playing this year. At this point I'm not rooting for any more missed games, even without Bouknight. I doubt it's possible but I'm hoping we can squeeze in a game this week assuming we're all clear with test results.

Reaction Score
So St. John’s get their game with us postponed, reschedules with Marquette today. That’s a team that wants to compete. Wants to play. Wants to get as many games as possible. Doesn’t take weeks off to practice. Scraps to get games. Impressive.

Reaction Score
So St. John’s get their game with us postponed, reschedules with Marquette today. That’s a team that wants to compete. Wants to play. Wants to get as many games as possible. Doesn’t take weeks off to practice. Scraps to get games. Impressive.
L m a o.
St. Johns had no reason not to play we are awaiting test results.

Reaction Score
L m a o.
When did I say anything about us? I get we are awaiting test results and literally cannot play. Apologies for complimenting a team I would usually dump on. ?

Reaction Score
L m a o.
Why didn't we test on Friday/Saturday and get results already? Seems awfully slow and we should have know by a day before Sunday to play the game.

Reaction Score
Why didn't we test on Friday/Saturday and get results already? Seems awfully slow and we should have know by a day before Sunday to play the game.
They've been testing every day, but they want multiple days of negative tests before playing

Reaction Score
Double headers? You are nuts! Dan Hurley was upset that the Nova game was scheduled two days after Butler! The most important thing is getting all the game in? That is most certainly NOT the most important thing. How about the well being of the players? You think injuries are bad now? Add double headers. When guys are tired (which they are after playing all out for a Division I basketball game) they will be more prone to injury. All it takes is dragging a foot slightly because a guy is tired and there goes an ankle or knee. It's Covid time. Everyone knows there's no way for everyone to be on an even playing field going into the tournament. It is what it is this year.
We are shipping guys all over the country. Nobody gives a hoot about players’ well being. Please. Is schools cared about that they’d have.cancelled the season or at minimum set up regional pods. Well being of players! LOL. You are funny.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom