Victor Rosa, Baller | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Victor Rosa, Baller

Reaction Score
Or just a little farther, to Vince Clements, aka The Connecticut Comet.
I remember both. I was at UConn when Clements (and his buddies Mike Zito and Rick Robustelli) were BMOC's. I saw Clements gash Rhode Island for about 250 yards at RI in (I think) 1969, and I was at the aforementioned Rutgers game. I drove up from Virginia, and I think it was Homecoming. I think that was the year we played a little "Six degrees of separation" after that win. We beat Rutgers who beat someone who beat Penn State, so we should have been a top ten team!

Reaction Score
Victor is a beast and a huge part of why this team has been so fun to watch. If we're being honest though, he's gotta stop the shimmy shake shoulder move sometimes and just hit the hole. Not knocking the young man at all. Donovan Clingan was actually walking the stadium tonight and I yelled at him that he's got big shoes to fill if he wants to keep up with Victor. Kid's gonna leave his mark here for sure.
And then he pointed at his shoes and mentioned how they were a little snug.

Reaction Score
I’m confused. Look at his yards per carry. H was supposed to be Carter’s backup at TB and and get some carries from the slot, same as Houston was supposed to do. But Brewton is actually bigger and should be more able to handle a larger number of carries in a game.
How much does Brewt actually weigh? He looks smaller to me. Maybe it’s the body frame difference. I actually believe he and Houston are similar in weight, but Brewt is shorter and his muscle is in his lower body. YPC 5.3 in 15 carries before injury. Either way, I’d love to see how OC utilizes all of the offensive weapons.

Reaction Score
I definitely want to see more of Rosa, Brewton and Turner catching passes. I feel Iike we can have an extremely formidable passing attack if we use all of our weapons next season. With all of our guys back we will have some very significant offensive talent.
I definitely agree

Reaction Score
Even if VR is not a starting back next year its obvious this kid will not be kept off the field. Incredibly exciting to think about the contribution he will make in his career. Tough, motivated, baller.
He may not be the fastest back but he has tremendous strength in his legs, you can see him driving his legs while inside a moving pile of players. He also is the best I’ve seen at cutting and changing direction to find daylight. A run in a defensive setup that can get most backs 3 or 4 yards, he can turn into 10 or more.

Reaction Score
He may not be the fastest back but he has tremendous strength in his legs, you can see him driving his legs while inside a moving pile of players. He also is the best I’ve seen at cutting and changing direction to find daylight. A run in a defensive setup that can get most backs 3 or 4 yards, he can turn into 10 or more.
Running East to west? I like Burns to make something out of nothing. That guy is tenacious.

Reaction Score
I definitely want to see more of Rosa, Brewton and Turner catching passes. I feel Iike we can have an extremely formidable passing attack if we use all of our weapons next season. With all of our guys back we will have some very significant offensive talent.
I have an honest question. Do Brewton and Rosa have the hands to be successful pass receivers? I am not convinced that they do but hope to be proven wrong.

Reaction Score
Running East to west? I like Burns to make something out of nothing. That guy is tenacious.
Burns is a beast, he knocks people over until 4 or 5 gang tackle him. Rosa on the other hand gets his yards with his ability to make sharp cuts and a deft ability to change direction and escape tacklers.

Reaction Score
I have an honest question. Do Brewton and Rosa have the hands to be successful pass receivers? I am not convinced that they do but hope to be proven wrong.
Not sure about Brewton but Rosa was a dual threat QB in high school. He threw passes instead of catching passes. Now that being said, there’s nothing that leads me to believe that Rosa can’t be a good receiver.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
A few days late in this convo.

He's rough around the edges, sometimes makes some bad reads, sometimes he runs in to his linemen.

All true.

But, my oh my, he has a nose for the end zone. He's sniffs six out like a bloodhound.

Reaction Score
Not sure about Brewton but Rosa was a dual threat QB in high school. He threw passes instead of catching passes. Now that being said, there’s nothing that leads me to believe that Rosa can’t be a good receiver.
I still think he'd be a very good slot receiver...

Reaction Score
I love Brewton, Carter, Houston and Rosa.. They’re all very talented RB’s. The difference is that Rosa is a star.
Carter isn’t a star? Houston? Rosa is good but these are all very talented players. Brewton has tons of potential. Carter, in particular, is definitely a star.

Honestly, it’s an embarrassment of riches if all are healthy.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I love Brewton, Carter, Houston and Rosa.. They’re all very talented RB’s. The difference is that Rosa is a star.
The difference is Rosa is uninjured. That’s not to diminish the outstanding seizing he’s having as a freshman. I do think he’s going to be something special for us.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'After he was named an all-conference player in his first three years at school, quarterback Rosa earned a laundry list of accolades and achievements during his senior outing across multiple sports. He was the Gatorade Connecticut Football Player of the Year and was all-conference again, rushing for 2,728 yards and passing for 849. He scored 41 touchdowns, won the State Division II Basketball Championship and was the Class L 200-meter champion.'

and that's why, every time he has the ball, he's like

'my, my, game,
hits so hard.
makes me say
oh my lord!
thank you, for blessing me
with a mind to rhyme,
and two hyped feet.

yo, sound the bell,
schools in sucka.

Reaction Score
He’s amazingly strong for his size. He’s still got a lot to learn, but he’s going to see a lot of time on the field because he is so versatile. They will start to line him up in the slot once the QB play comes along.

As for heart…..it’s been very evident what this kid is made of.

Reaction Score
Post game Mora said that Rosa hates to be tackled, he doesn't mind being hit but he hates being tackled.

But once again, Mora isn't done. I fully expect him to bring in a very good running back or two. This is just the start of building the roster.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom