Very OT - First Android Phone | The Boneyard

Very OT - First Android Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I just got my first android phone - the Samsung Galaxy S 2, 4G Epic Touch. Not sure why they had to make the name a sentence, but whatever. Great phone. Angry Birds is ridiculously addicting.

But now for the link to the boneyard - is there an app for getting access to this board? It's a pain trying to read it on a web page.

Reaction Score
I've been viewing it on my phone for a while now... just double click on the screen and it zooms in, you get used to it.

But if there is a app I would be very interested in one.

For now by the way netflix app on the droid is awesome I used to watch movies/tv on my phone during my lunch break at work in the summer. I do know that there is a UC Huskies app but I believe its a student reporter/ journalist (s) doing it on their own time. Decent read time to time though its all about UConn sports

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
The app is tapatalk. I use it, and it's great.
Costs $3.99 I believe.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I just got my first android phone - the Samsung Galaxy S 2, 4G Epic Touch. Not sure why they had to make the name a sentence, but whatever. Great phone. Angry Birds is ridiculously addicting.

But now for the link to the boneyard - is there an app for getting access to this board? It's a pain trying to read it on a web page.

I have no idea if this would be of any help or if there is an android variant. There is an itunes app called tapatalk that I believe is intended to greatly improve interaction with forums including this one. Something to look into.

Reaction Score
I got it for $2.99 in the iPhone app store. I imagine it's the same in the android store. I generally refuse to pay for any apps (don't we pay enough for these phones as it is?), but I like to keep up with the boneyard and the tapatalk app is really nice for reading it along with thousands of other online message boards if you are into them. Definitely worth the couple bucks.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Tapatalk is integrated with the forum. Tom set it up that way.

Reaction Score
I use tapatalk as well it's awesome.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Just installed tapatalk. I like it
Worth the $3

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Is it? I tried a free alternative to Tapatalk, called Convo. It kind of sucks but I haven't used the real version so I have no idea of the quality difference.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score

Besides the tapatalk app there are some prettty neat apps depending on your needs. Basic apps to add: google sky map, flighttrack, yelp, google goggles, a bar code scanner, Droidlight or other flashlight app (- use it a lot!), skype, hopstop(near NYC?) and my new favorite: Soundhound - blows away other song id apps. (All free)

Reaction Score

Tapatalk works great. It was $2.99 for the iphone.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
One of the most necessary apps I have on my Android phone sorta damns the entire dopey thing - Screen Filter.

It lets you adjust the level of the screen brightness at night - the built-in light sensor software generally sucks ass and will blind you, even in Car Mode.

Other useful apps for grownups - Documents to Go, Dropbox, Evernote, Handcent SMS, Tweetcaster Pro, Yelp, Open Table, SportsTap, whatever app your cable service uses, whatever app your bank uses - and the Blue Nile app for when you're driving to work and you realize that you have not bought anything for your wife's birthday.

Reaction Score
I use LogMeIn for accessing my computer. Its not the best of views (and requires some patience/tolerance) but if I need to access a doc, computer data or Outlook it works.

Reaction Score
Nice one for your first android phone. You couldn't have chosen a better one if you tried.

Reaction Score
If you like to read newspaper and magazine articles Instapaper is absolutely awesome.
Best 4 or 5 dollars I ever spent in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom