Vandy Part II - Official UCONN / Vandy Prediction Thread | The Boneyard

Vandy Part II - Official UCONN / Vandy Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Commodores got a good dose of physical Big East Football last season and on Saturday most of their fans will get to see it up close.

This is the DJ Shoemate show and he runs for 75 bone crunching yards. That opens up the field for our QBs (god only knows who will play when), although I do see McCummings taking one the distance on the option. Big night for Kash. McCombs adds another 75 yards on the ground as well.

The defense gets uncorked and Sio and Jory make runs off the edge all evening. Pick six for Blidi as a result of the presure.

27-17 dogs and we still don't know exactly what the QB situation will look like for the rest of the season.

Reaction Score
27-14 Uconn. Maybe I was expecting too much, but didn't see as much mobility on OL blocking in space and some "real open receivers" for FD and some "bad angles" on safeties. Good part in that other than LSU defense a lot of teams looked like 1st game "learning how to play together again" just like Uconn. If get behind, will be interesting to see how Uconn hangs in; if get ahead do we step on their neck or pull a Utah State. Got my seats in section V, so at least 2 Uconn fans will be there to chant "BE...BE" at the end of the game. :)

Reaction Score
34-31 UConn. I think this game will be closer but there is also a slight chance we could blow them out.

Reaction Score
They struggled.with.ELON. 42-10, JOHNNY MAC And geremy davis have a big game, DJ dissapoints and JJL has a solid game

Reaction Score
Defending Big East Champion UConn Huskies - 31
Singers of 'Brick House' & 'Three Times A Lady' - 21

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This has me a worried as Nashville is in the path for 6-10 inches of rain and Commodores are more comfortable in water than Huskies.

In spite of these seeming insurmontable obstacles I think PP and the Huskies prevail

Uconn- 24
Vandy -13

I just don't see Vandy scoring a ton of points against us.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
D carries the load.

UConn 17
Vandy 14

This is a reasonable prediction for the remaining 11 games on our schedule.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
I dare someone on this thread to predict UConn to lose...

Reaction Score
Going to be a really interesting game, this can go either way, SEC home-turf, rowdy fans, gotta be careful and contain Vandy!

With that being said:

UConn 30
Vandy 20

Halftime: Tied at 14

McCombs rushes for a cool 100 yards and 1 TD.

McEntee throws for 150+ yards and 2 TDs, one to Ryan Griffin and Isiah Moore.

Blidi nearly gets a pick 6.

Teggart shatters the UConn record, for most points by a kicker.

Reaction Score
Going to be a really interesting game, this can go either way, SEC home-turf, rowdy fans, gotta be careful and contain Vandy!

With that being said:

UConn 30
Vandy 20

Halftime: Tied at 14

McCombs rushes for a cool 100 yards and 1 TD.

McEntee throws for 150+ yards and 2 TDs, one to Ryan Griffin and Isiah Moore.

Blidi nearly gets a pick 6.

Teggart shatters the UConn record, for most points by a kicker.

Reaction Score
Rowdy crowd? I wish. Only when VU starts out a season 4-0 or 5-0, which rarely happens. We do not boast the typical SEC environment for football, which is 80,000 + screaming rednecks. That's both fortunate and unfortunate at once.

I've read the comments in both of the Vandy threads, and most of them are pretty reasonable/make sense, imo.
Some comments: I believe that our defense is being underestimated just a tad here, knock on wood. Sure, the secondary did not look too hot Saturday, which is bewildering since we were playing Elon and we have a first team all-SEC cornerback and some very talented players in the secondary, so I'd chock a large part of that up to first game/first game for coaching staff/100 degrees in the shade on Saturday, and some rather vanilla coverage schemes/limited blitzing. I'm sure we'll be more aggressive against UConn on d, because we'll have to be to have a chance to win.

On offense, you guys are fairly spot-on: We don't know what to expect usually, either, as our qb has a history of inconsistent play (hopefully that's changing as we speak.) The running game was a shell of what it could be Saturday, in large part because our best running back, Warren Norman, is hurt, and/or was not 100%, and was held our for one more week. He will play Saturday. #2 Zac Stacy, who started Saturday, is ok, but I don't think he's half a dangerous as Norman. Norman makes plays on special teams, too, (3 tds on kickoff returns last year.)

Our o-line sucks. Our d-line does not, but they played like they were, well, playing Elon Saturday. Here's to a competitive and injury-free contest, and have fun in Nashville, those of you who make the trip this weekend. It will be a nailbiter, I'm sure. We're used to them.

VU 31, UConn 28.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Rowdy crowd? I wish. Only when VU starts out a season 4-0 or 5-0, which rarely happens. We do not boast the typical SEC environment for football, which is 80,000 + screaming rednecks. That's both fortunate and unfortunate at once.

I've read the comments in both of the Vandy threads, and most of them are pretty reasonable/make sense, imo.
Some comments: I believe that our defense is being underestimated just a tad here, knock on wood. Sure, the secondary did not look too hot Saturday, which is bewildering since we were playing Elon and we have a first team all-SEC cornerback and some very talented players in the secondary, so I'd chock a large part of that up to first game/first game for coaching staff/100 degrees in the shade on Saturday, and some rather vanilla coverage schemes/limited blitzing. I'm sure we'll be more aggressive against UConn on d, because we'll have to be to have a chance to win.

On offense, you guys are fairly spot-on: We don't know what to expect usually, either, as our qb has a history of inconsistent play (hopefully that's changing as we speak.) The running game was a shell of what it could be Saturday, in large part because our best running back, Warren Norman, is hurt, and/or was not 100%, and was held our for one more week. He will play Saturday. #2 Zac Stacy, who started Saturday, is ok, but I don't think he's half a dangerous as Norman. Norman makes plays on special teams, too, (3 tds on kickoff returns last year.)

Our o-line sucks. Our d-line does not, but they played like they were, well, playing Elon Saturday. Here's to a competitive and injury-free contest, and have fun in Nashville, those of you who make the trip this weekend. It will be a nailbiter, I'm sure. We're used to them.

VU 31, UConn 28.

True, but coming from a Vandy fan (I assume), not surprising (except I'm surprised a Vandy fan found this site). For what it's worth, I could really see a defensive battle / offensive struggle here. Assuming no defensive / special team scores, I would definitely take the under on 44.

Reaction Score
True, but coming from a Vandy fan (I assume), not surprising (except I'm surprised a Vandy fan found this site). For what it's worth, I could really see a defensive battle / offensive struggle here. Assuming no defensive / special team scores, I would definitely take the under on 44.

Reaction Score
Well, I'm definitely not a Tennessee fan if I refer to UConn's upcoming opponent as "we." And one of the regulars here invited us at Vandymania, our site on Rivals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom