Vandy makes the WNIT | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Vandy makes the WNIT

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
If Vandy and Marquette both win their next games, they will face each other in the WNIT quarterfinals.

Vandy travels to Middle Tennessee on Thursday with a chance to avenge a 9-point loss, on that same court, in November. Vandy has improved a lot since then.

Marquette will host Toledo, and Seton Hall will host Drexel.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
A scream and a bow?
Womens Basketball What GIF by NCAA Championships

Plebe

Reaction Score
Going down to the wire in Murfreesboro.

In the meantime, I just noticed this tweet. Cambridge recently posted Vandy's first-ever triple-double, and now this:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Vanderbilt came up just short. They fought back to tie the game in the last minute, then MTSU took back the lead on free throws. Vandy's last-second desperation three just missed.

I didn't realize until just now that Vandy's record in true road games was only 1-10 (now 1-11). They only game they won on an opponent's home court was at Saint Joseph's.

Still, I think this was great they got to play in the WNIT and that they won a couple extra games in the process. Shea took the team a long way in her first season.

Reaction Score
Almost got it. Close tough game. Great season for Shea in her first year!!!!!

Seton Hall won 78-71 over Drexel, going to NIT Elite 8. Playing Columbia on the 28th.

Marquette in a dog fight with Toledo. Losing by 1 with 5 minutes left in 4th.

Last edited:

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Dang. I was hoping VU would go deep and reach or surpass .500 on the season. [not sure how many games were available]

Reaction Score
Does the Vandy women have a Boneyard equivalent? I was curious what their critics were saying about how Shea did this season.

Reaction Score
Almost got it. Close tough game. Great season for Shea in her first year!!!!!

Seton Hall won 78-71 over Drexel, going to NIT Elite 8. Playing Columbia on the 28th.

Marquette in a dog fight with Toledo. Losing by 1 with 5 minutes left in 4th.
I don't think even Shea would qualify 15-18 as a great season. They lost a games they should have won esp to mid major teams, again this will be a hard uphill climb, but I'm sure if you asked her before the season she would at least thought 500 or better was doable.

Reaction Score
If Vandy and Marquette both win their next games, they will face each other in the WNIT quarterfinals.

Vandy travels to Middle Tennessee on Thursday with a chance to avenge a 9-point loss, on that same court, in November. Vandy has improved a lot since then.

Marquette will host Toledo, and Seton Hall will host Drexel.
Both Vandy and Marquette lost, but Seton Hall moved on to the elite eight. Not bad for a sixth place team.

Reaction Score
Shea's Post-game.. From VandyMania site..

Thanks.
Tournament Shea wins this year’s award for
the finest presser in the face of a season-ending loss…hands down. And it certainly isn’t surprising. When it comes to Shea Ralph you just run out of superlatives.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom