V. Fulkerson: Geno looks ahead to the TAMU game | The Boneyard

V. Fulkerson: Geno looks ahead to the TAMU game

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"It's our three freshmen's first road trip," Auriemma said. "They're going to go play against a really good team. (Sophomore) Brianna Banks is going to play a lot. I don't remember her playing any big games on the road last year.
"The young guys are in for a treat. I hope they're going to respond the way I think they're going to respond."

Reaction Score
"BB is going to play a lot."

Hope that doesn't go to her head the wrong way. Come on BB, you've got an opportunity here. Have a good week in practice, then a good game v. TAMU !!

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score

Hope that doesn't go to her head the wrong way. Come on BB, you've got an opportunity here. Have a good week in practice, then a good game v. TAMU !!

Why would that go to her head? Just curious.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Not only is it their first big road trip, but it will be an extremely hostile environment at College Station. For Mo, it's also her first trip back to her home state, so she may be especially antsy.

This is going to be a really good litmus test for how good UConn can be this year. If they win handily without Bria Hartley in the lineup, that's going to be very scary.

A&M, of course, has a lot of talented freshmen who have never played a big game before either. This game pits the top two recruiting classes in the country for 2012 against each other. I liken it to Uconn-Baylor 2010. Remember how Bria and Odyssey clearly both had "it" and you knew they would be excellent college players? This is the 2012 edition of that.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I am SOOOO excited. First and only UConn game I will get to see this year. I don't think it will be hostile, Alex. For the most part the Aggies are pretty respectful of Geno and opponents. When I saw them in the Baylor game in the regional final two years ago they were super classy. And I am not a huge Aggie fan in general, so this is tough for me to say :)

I think there will be plenty of pro-Uconn and pro-Moriah fans, at least I hope! I will cheer extra loud.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I am SOOOO excited. First and only UConn game I will get to see this year. I don't think it will be hostile, Alex. For the most part the Aggies are pretty respectful of Geno and opponents. When I saw them in the Baylor game in the regional final two years ago they were super classy. And I am not a huge Aggie fan in general, so this is tough for me to say :)

I think there will be plenty of pro-Uconn and pro-Moriah fans, at least I hope! I will cheer extra loud.

Should be an awesome game! We will expect a full report from the Lone Starlet !!

:D

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score

I didn't really mean hostile in a mean-spirited way so much as very loud, very energized, and very into the game. The campus is buzzing, I imagine, after the win over Bama last weekend, and I bet that energy is going to translate into all of their sports even more now.

I hope to hear you cheering on ESPN. :)

Reaction Score

So, are you worried about Geno's comments on Stewart going to her head in the wrong way, or on Tuck going to her head, or Dolson (2nd best center in WCBB) going to her head?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So, are you worried about Geno's comments on Stewart going to her head in the wrong way, or on Tuck going to her head, or Dolson (2nd best center in WCBB) going to her head?
I think JPL's point was that Brianna has even said stuff got into her head last year. She took Geno's criticisms too hard and lost confidence and it affected her play on the court. So all this year is new for fans watching Brianna this year in that she wasn't able to mentally handle everything very well last year, so hopefully she's better able to do it this year.

I didn't get that he was criticizing her or anything, just pointing out that the "new" Brianna is... well... new.

Even Geno has admitted that Bree and Morgan especially play like upperclassmen. They don't seem to be lacking for confidence or willingness to learn and be unaffected by Geno's coaching. Brianna, however, was...

Reaction Score
Sure it is a big game in Uconn uniform for the freshmen but they have been all over the world playing big games for team USA so I am sure they will handle it fine...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Breanna has won 4 gold medals with USA Basketball.

Reaction Score
What

What, me worry... :-0

I assume no one knows to what extent, if any, players read BY. I assume they do. Some of the players mentioned, including BB, about whom I posted, have had bouts of inconsistency. It is commonly thought or assumed that trait can be caused by complacency, which, in turn, can be caused by flattery.

I hesitate to continue building Jack's house here and will simply say I hope they play well in the first real test of the season against a quality team. A win by 30 would be very acceptable.

Reaction Score
I think UCONN comes away with at least a 20 point win unless A&M figures out how to suit "Johnny Football" Manziel and then we will be in trouble. LOL

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
What

What, me worry... :-0

I assume no one knows to what extent, if any, players read BY. I assume they do. Some of the players mentioned, including BB, about whom I posted, have had bouts of inconsistency. It is commonly thought or assumed that trait can be caused by complacency, which, in turn, can be caused by flattery.

I hesitate to continue building Jack's house here and will simply say I hope they play well in the first real test of the season against a quality team. A win by 30 would be very acceptable.

I know at least one does because all I said in passing greeting one time was icebear and I got a big grin and a nod.

Reaction Score
I saw TAMU play Louisville Friday night and was impressed with how well TAMU came together as a team in the second half. If they play like that for two halves, we'll have a game.

I think they're really good.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Im looking forward to watching this game. TAM is very well coached. IMO UConn is too talented for any team in WCBB including Baylor. UConn is going to score alot of points, alot. Theyre defense is better then last season because of their depth, quickness and Breanna. If teams averaged less then 40 pts a game last season againest UConn how much less will that be this season? With that said UConn is going to score over 100 pts alot more then they have in the past few seasons. If theyre offense is firing on all cylinders well its no contest. Im not being cocky or disrespectful, Im being honest. This team might just be the greatest scoring team WCBB has ever seen now tack on their defense and I think 60-70 pts in a half will happen more then once this season. Am I excited? Im through the roof with excited because Ive never seen a team this deep with this much talent and disiplined, confident and sure of themselves. One word EXPLOSIVE !!!!!

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I know at least one does because all I said in passing greeting one time was icebear and I got a big grin and a nod.

yeahbut who wouldn't grin at you? :D

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
Im looking forward to watching this game. TAM is very well coached. IMO UConn is too talented for any team in WCBB including Baylor. UConn is going to score alot of points, alot. Theyre defense is better then last season because of their depth, quickness and Breanna. If teams averaged less then 40 pts a game last season againest UConn how much less will that be this season? With that said UConn is going to score over 100 pts alot more then they have in the past few seasons. If theyre offense is firing on all cylinders well its no contest. Im not being cocky or disrespectful, Im being honest. This team might just be the greatest scoring team WCBB has ever seen now tack on their defense and I think 60-70 pts in a half will happen more then once this season. Am I excited? Im through the roof with excited because Ive never seen a team this deep with this much talent and disiplined, confident and sure of themselves. One word EXPLOSIVE !!!!!

Just a reminder ----- the rules of college basketball allow only five players (from each team) on the court at one time.

Thus, UConn has limits regarding their point production. At any one time, four or five of our "scoring dynamos" will be sitting on the bench.

Just sayin' !

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
UConn will win by 30.

I tend to agree that UConn has more talent than Baylor. The question is, how much better is BG and how much better is she than everyone else this season.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
UConn will win by 30.

I tend to agree that UConn has more talent than Baylor. The question is, how much better is BG and how much better is she than everyone else this season.
Good question. If BG had experienced the Olympics last summer, her game would have been even better. She should have a monster season , even still. Can Baylor run the table again? My guess is no, mostly because it is very hard to do. I don't see your guys beating UConn twice.

Reaction Score
UConn will win by 30.

This season will probably boil down to two people: Brittney Griner and Geno Auriemma. Can BG do what Diana did in 2003? Can she put a team on her back and will it to another championship? Or will the champions be the team with the guy who Kara Lawson said can do more with more? Geno won't be distracted by the Olympics this year. So it's the team with the best player vs. the team with the best players...oh, and that guy who does more with more. Who wins?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Good question. If BG had experienced the Olympics last summer, her game would have been even better. She should have a monster season , even still. Can Baylor run the table again? My guess is no, mostly because it is very hard to do. I don't see your guys beating UConn twice.

I believe that UConn will beat Baylor in February. And as bad as I would hate for Baylor to lose, it would be the best thing in the long run. I suspect that Baylor will, as they have a tendency to do, under utilize BG, and UConn will take advantage. However, that could teach Baylor a lesson that could prove valuable come April.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Bone performs against the UConn front line since she is supposedly one of the top 5 centers in the nation. She will probably struggle to get a double-double.

Reaction Score
Hate for Baylor to lose Better get used to it for the next four years anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom