Utah State Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Utah State Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Roberson was good for the most part. Unfortunately 3 bad plays by him probably was the difference in game. 2 missed wide open screen passes to Rosa which would have led to big plays and the decision to throw the ball to Joly between 2 defenders when he didn't have anyone within 30 yards of him and could have run easily for a first down late in 4th.
That and I still go back to the 4th and almost 2 that he tried to sneak instead of setting up a different play or kicking the FG and the possession before half where he ran out of bounds to stop the clock.. then missed Rosa on the screen pass to stop the clock. There was a minute left and we had 3 time outs. Utah St strikes before halftime and they were off to the races with the momentum.

Reaction Score
Jim needs to “Coach Prime” 50% of the roster. There are players stealing scholarship money.

They get nothing off the bench, and special team is terrible.
John is right. Let's hit the portal big time.

Reaction Score
This loss was all on the defense and special teams. Pretty much every touchdown in this game and a good amount of them in others have been on explosive plays, mostly busted coverage or from horrible special teams issues giving good field position to them.

Reaction Score
Exciting game! The offense did their job today, shame nobody else did. I don’t even care if we lose anymore, it doesn’t bother me. If they can make every game that exciting, they’re worth watching.
Umm no You play to win the game Hello you play to win the game.

Reaction Score
What would coaching help with? I am sorry, so down on players. Poor angles, boneheaded decisions, mixed up assignments, missed tackles, easily beaten, blown coverages and blocks, dropped passes.

Coaching doesn’t guarantee execution.
I'm with you here. That wasnt coached to be executed like that. Neither the end of half breakdown or bubble screen that went down the sideline for a TD. Just losing plays all over the field.

Reaction Score
I play to win? I sit to watch. THEY play to win. THEY are my entertainment. I was entertained
Good for you being entertained so glad you were happy. Are you happy about being 0-5? We lost so your cool with winning participation trophies smdh.

Reaction Score
Jim needs to “Coach Prime” 50% of the roster. There are players stealing scholarship money.

They get nothing off the bench, and special team is terrible.

To do that you've got to have guys who actually want to replace the players that leave. Colorado knew they could replace the dead weight with better talent. We'll be filling out the roster with a whole slew of Brett Buckmans

Reaction Score
What would coaching help with? I am sorry, so down on players. Poor angles, boneheaded decisions, mixed up assignments, missed tackles, easily beaten, blown coverages and blocks, dropped passes.

Then bench the players that keep making the same mistakes. Change the playcalling to hide the deficiencies. Let's not forgot this is Moras roster now. Yes, the players deserve the criticism but so does the coaching.

Reaction Score
Should’ve gone for 2 at the end and I was saying it during the last drive.

Mora stealing a win from his kids, having no situational awareness at the end of the half.
Strange that your playing against a team with a losing record and you don't go for the win. A big problem was a failure of the defensive backs to cover. Missed covers all over the field.

Our game showed some spunk and we put some points on the board. Overall play calling is too conservative.

Reaction Score

You realize that the players don't just magically appear at UConn, right?

Reaction Score
Sorry to the naysayers, but I don’t think it’s fair to second-guess a guy for trying to kick an extra-point in a 1-point game.
there's a lot of things that I think people say are unfair, I think its fair to question that one when you're searching for a win. For morale's sake I'd rather take the shot than try to rely on a college kicker and overtime. Naturally this one's not the kicker's fault, but point remains. Could be our runner gets stuffed, but this group needed a morale boost.

Reaction Score
0-12 is more than probable at this point. Too bad it won’t result in draft picks.

Reaction Score
There is enough talent to win games I specially mean games as in 2 wins certainly enough to win a game, it’s harder to win when you have coaches who are losing games, Mora isn’t doing anything about it.
That is where I disagree. I don’t think there is.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
No, usually we’re non-competitive the whole game. This was just a ridiculous ending for a hard-luck program.
I'll respectfully disagree. We had a lucky, random-walkish combination of good effort from the O and D in the first half, combined with scheisen play by the D backs in the second half, combined with mixed bag of good and bad play calling throughout the game, all topped of by the cherry-on-top new way to lose- open the flood gates and let the conversion get blocked. Overall a continuing combination of incosistent play combined with the ongoing litany of simply stupid play against a NOT-GOOD team. If USU had a decent D we would have lost by three TDs.

Sorry- no solace and no moral victory here.

Beleive me I wish it were otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom