USMNT | Page 3 | The Boneyard

USMNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Concerning Adu, from what I have read Klinsmann's plan is to get many of the U23 players experience in the Olympics/Olympic Qualifiying as opposed to jumping them straight into the MNT. See how they do there, then bring them in if appropriate.

Of course exceptions are at FW where we have no depth/quality whatsoever. Just bring in anyone who might be able to play.

Reaction Score
I just hope we qualify for the olympics. surprised we have not heard about a coach for the team yet.
I just hope this does not turn into the disaster that the U-20 turned into this year. We really need these guys getting these games.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I just hope we qualify for the olympics. surprised we have not heard about a coach for the team yet.
I just hope this does not turn into the disaster that the U-20 turned into this year. We really need these guys getting these games.

Agreed 100%

Reaction Score
What a win! USMNT defeated Italy 1-0 today, the first signature win of the Klinnsman era. Dempsey had a great strike from a short Altidore pass from a Johnson center. Great finish.

And the LB position is not looking nearly as bleak. Chandler is acceptable and Johnson looked really good today. Two deep in a slot where we have been zero deep for a while is pretty good.

Awesome stuff, suck it Rossi!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
What a win! USMNT defeated Italy 1-0 today, the first signature win of the Klinnsman era. Dempsey had a great strike from a short Altidore pass from a Johnson center. Great finish.

And the LB position is not looking nearly as bleak. Chandler is acceptable and Johnson looked really good today. Two deep in a slot where we have been zero deep for a while is pretty good.

Awesome stuff, suck it Rossi!
Yes very good game. We actually looked pretty good against them for quite a bit of time (passing/ moving forward / getting people into the attack / not playing long ball). Even were able to get some quick turnover counters and be dangerous. Could still use some work defensively but we held. Not sure if Goodson is the man. (nor how much longer Boca is gonna last)

Liked Johnson at LB. Looks decent. With more time there.....who knows. (maybe no more Bornstein :) ).

Girls won at the Algarve Cup also. 5-0 (Morgan-2, Wambach, Leroux and Lloyd ), and the U-23's beat Mexico 2-0 (Agudelo and Diskarud). A trifecta for Leap Day.

The U-23's will be in Olympic qualifying later in March.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom