USMNT Roster for Panama, T&T | Page 3 | The Boneyard

USMNT Roster for Panama, T&T

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The only concern I have is that Costa Rica and Mexico will have literally nothing to play for against Panama and Honduras next week.

But we should be able to take care of business against Trinidad and make that moot.

That's if they beat Honduras on the road. If not, then we could catch them for 2nd place. Honduras would have 12 points, same as we do. They tied 1-1 previously.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Did you hear? Bruce had bunker Bob in camp this week to help out. We can safely rule out a 4-0 win.

Terrible preparation by Arena. No shape or organization.
Once again, brilliant analysis.

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Once again, brilliant analysis.

giphy.gif
Yeah nice call on going with 3 in the back. How clairvoyant.

Arena is lucky that Pulisic exists, otherwise he would be looking for a job here pretty soon.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It's still funny, Zoo.

I don't think Arena did the team any favors here but, Panama really screwed the pooch by playing so openly. They needed a point last night to all but secure qualification with a result against a disinterested Costa Rica team or in the playoff against Syria or Australia.

Instead they tried to spike the ball before crossing the goal line trying to out gun the US team on the road.

As for the US, Pulisic in the middle end of conversation. Gonzalez and Besler are our worst defensive pairing. That was as good a game a Jozy can offer and your average grandmother could have matched it. One chest layoff, one sitter from 2 yards out, and a PK. Wood did all the work up front to create space for others. He is the key.

I'm not down with Dempsey as a sub until he stops producing. My problem with him is that he was openly hostile to Wood. That was selfish. If he is over that then he, Wood, and Pulisic are out best attackers. Dempsey can do everything Jozy can do in that role and more, should he embrace it.

I think Villafana is the LB until someone challenges him. It was good to see Yedlin play well.

Bradley looks slower. I know he was isolated but, he can't cover a weak backline by himself.

After T&T, maybe start looking at a 4-2-3-1 or commit to the 3-5-2.

I didn't hear Nagbe's name called much.

Reaction Score
I think we should start doing this even if we qualify. But first, qualify.

The thought that we are going to qualify for the World Cup and not try to do the best we can but instead be thinking of an event 4 years away is so beyond stupid that I don't even know what to say. Yes, tell professional athletes they should show up and play but we're not trying our best to win.

Reaction Score
Did you hear? Bruce had bunker Bob in camp this week to help out. We can safely rule out a 4-0 win.

Anyone could have been that completely wrong. (Well, not everyone but other people). What is telling is that you didn't show the ability to laugh at yourself, instead having your next post be nasty and aggressive.

That is something you should learn from.

Reaction Score
It's still funny, Zoo.

I don't think Arena did the team any favors here but, Panama really screwed the pooch by playing so openly. They needed a point last night to all but secure qualification with a result against a disinterested Costa Rica team or in the playoff against Syria or Australia.

Instead they tried to spike the ball before crossing the goal line trying to out gun the US team on the road.

As for the US, Pulisic in the middle end of conversation. Gonzalez and Besler are our worst defensive pairing. That was as good a game a Jozy can offer and your average grandmother could have matched it. One chest layoff, one sitter from 2 yards out, and a PK. Wood did all the work up front to create space for others. He is the key.

I'm not down with Dempsey as a sub until he stops producing. My problem with him is that he was openly hostile to Wood. That was selfish. If he is over that then he, Wood, and Pulisic are out best attackers. Dempsey can do everything Jozy can do in that role and more, should he embrace it.

I think Villafana is the LB until someone challenges him. It was good to see Yedlin play well.

Bradley looks slower. I know he was isolated but, he can't cover a weak backline by himself.

After T&T, maybe start looking at a 4-2-3-1 or commit to the 3-5-2.

I didn't hear Nagbe's name called much.

Nagbe played last night?

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
The thought that we are going to qualify for the World Cup and not try to do the best we can but instead be thinking of an event 4 years away is so beyond stupid that I don't even know what to say. Yes, tell professional athletes they should show up and play but we're not trying our best to win.

Beasley and Wondo were on the bench last night. Their purpose? Their will be 5-6 spots in Russia that will go to guys who aren't appreciably better than the up and coming youngsters.

Favor the young guys over the 30-something's who will fill out the bench.

Reaction Score
Beasley and Wondo were on the bench last night. Their purpose? Their will be 5-6 spots in Russia that will go to guys who aren't appreciably better than the up and coming youngsters.

Favor the young guys over the 30-something's who will fill out the bench.

Do you remember the World Cup when we reached the quarters? Had we beaten Germany, which we easily could have that day, injuries and yellow card suspensions would have caused us to have played every field player we brought.

We are going to pick the team that Arena thinks will give us the best chance to advance as far as we can. Which is what we should do. Do I hope McKennie gets a chance by then? Sure. But while it is fine hoping that a Gooch or a Danny Williams or a Chandler or a CCV or a Miazga gets called in, there are rational cases for believing that none of those players are going to help us.

We have lost a total of one game since Arena took over. Yes, there are few quality wins and yes, there have been frustrating draws but this is not the unmitigated disaster that some here are painting it as either. Let's do what we have to do to qualify, and then let us see how Arena tries to use the remaining friendliest to get ready for Russia.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Do you remember the World Cup when we reached the quarters? Had we beaten Germany, which we easily could have that day, injuries and yellow card suspensions would have caused us to have played every field player we brought.

We are going to pick the team that Arena thinks will give us the best chance to advance as far as we can. Which is what we should do. Do I hope McKennie gets a chance by then? Sure. But while it is fine hoping that a Gooch or a Danny Williams or a Chandler or a CCV or a Miazga gets called in, there are rational cases for believing that none of those players are going to help us.

We have lost a total of one game since Arena took over. Yes, there are few quality wins and yes, there have been frustrating draws but this is not the unmitigated disaster that some here are painting it as either. Let's do what we have to do to qualify, and then let us see how Arena tries to use the remaining friendliest to get ready for Russia.

The idea that anyone would use the World Cup as an exhibition ground for four years later is beyond laughable. Anyone with that idea in their head should voluntarily commit themselves today.

The greatest tournament in the world; it comes only once every four years after multiple years of hard work to qualify, and folks are talking about 2022. Ughh...

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Win and we're in. Even if we draw, our goal difference will likely put us through though.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score

Beasley and Wondo were on the bench last night. Their purpose? Their will be 5-6 spots in Russia that will go to guys who aren't appreciably better than the up and comers.

And that world cup was in 2002. It had bunch of guys under 23.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Beasley and Wondo were on the bench last night. Their purpose? Their will be 5-6 spots in Russia that will go to guys who aren't appreciably better than the up and comers.

And that world cup was in 2002. It had bunch of guys under 23.

With all due respect, you are aware that folks get injured, right? Like Jozy did last time and we didn't really have any strikers to back him up?

There's a reason you get to bring the 23 even though you only play a maximum of 14 on any given night. I'm not willing to take up 5 spots with folks who aren't the best at their position, simply because they might be in four years. That's ludicrous...

Reaction Score
I agree, Zoo is pretty funny.

Agree, he was kind of invisible last night.

Sure. It’s funny but nobody was predicting we would win like that given recent performances.

Pulisic, Wood and Yedlin were the most impressive.

Not impressed by Altidore’s sloppy seconds.

Reaction Score
With all due respect, you are aware that folks get injured, right? Like Jozy did last time and we didn't really have any strikers to back him up?

There's a reason you get to bring the 23 even though you only play a maximum of 14 on any given night. I'm not willing to take up 5 spots with folks who aren't the best at their position, simply because they might be in four years. That's ludicrous...

I don’t see how McKennie is a worse option than Bedoya by next summer.

And Palmer-Brown and Carter-Vickers over Zimmerman and Hedges any day of the week already.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I don’t see how McKennie is a worse option than Bedoya by next summer.

And Palmer-Brown and Carter-Vickers over Zimmerman and Hedges any day of the week already.

Well I guess we can talk particulars when the 23 man roster is chosen next year, which will of course be influenced by player health, etc., (i.e., is Brooks back).

The point here is; you bring your best 23. You don't bring your best 16 and an experimental 7. Always your best 23...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Sure. It’s funny but nobody was predicting we would win like that given recent performances.

Pulisic, Wood and Yedlin were the most impressive.

Not impressed by Altidore’s sloppy seconds.
MOTM.

Reaction Score
Altidore showed up v Panama and had a very good match (highest player rating, although I think Pulisic was the MOTM by a mile). Loved the way he, Wood, and Pulisic complimented each other. My biggest issues with Jozy has been consistency... and getting the guy who played Friday night to show up every night. If he/they can replicate their performance at T&T, it's all good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom