USMNT Roster for Panama, T&T | The Boneyard

USMNT Roster for Panama, T&T

Reaction Score
Benny Feilhaber is in, Fabian Johnson is out in a MLS heavy roster for the final 2 qualifiers. Also, why the would USSF schedule an October qualifying match v Panama in Orlando... play that game in Salt Lake, Columbus, KC, Denver, the Pacific northwest.... not in Florida

LINK

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
As if they are trying not to qualify. Our healthiest CB is Gonzalez? Also, Dwyer over Wondo for the love of Pete. And given we need both matches and have a raft of yellow cards is Jermaine Jones not playing soccer any longer? We only need one more match out of the guy.

Reaction Score
Benny Feilhaber is in, Fabian Johnson is out in a MLS heavy roster for the final 2 qualifiers. Also, why the would USSF schedule an October qualifying match v Panama in Orlando... play that game in Salt Lake, Columbus, KC, Denver, the Pacific northwest.... not in Florida

LINK

Benny is actually a true attacking center mid. This is fine with me. Fabian hasn't looked good even with his club lately.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Benny is actually a true attacking center mid. This is fine with me. Fabian hasn't looked good even with his club lately.

No real problem with that. He's a much better distributor than Johnson, even if he has less speed. Why is Wondo there? Why are they even thinking about Zardes? Can we move on from Zusi at some point?

They better be starting Dempsey with this roster. Bring Jozy or Bobby off. The bench.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I could go for seeing the following lineup for the game out of that roster:

Wood, Dempsey
Nagbe, Feilhaber, Bradley, Pulisic
Villafana, Besler, Gonzalez, Cameron
Howard

I would prefer Cameron to play on right defense, which accomplishes two things; 1) it puts him in a position he's played at Stoke, and 2) it gets Zusi off the field.
I would prefer Deuce a little higher with Feilhaber underneath him and with Pulisic and Nagbe playing their preferred wings.
I would prefer a center-back pairing that has a lot of familiarity with each other, which is why I would sit Ream on the bench.

Yet somehow, I have the feeling that we will see Altidore, Zusi, possibly even Beasley and possibly even Wondo. I guess we'll find out soon...

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Roster all but demands a 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 If you will.

There are not two center backs that I would trust against Panama. Maybe you can play a 4-4-2 against T&T if key guys get 2nd yellows.

Cameron Gonzalez and Ream/Besler are your back 3. Let's hope Gonzo is awake for the full 90.

Yedlin and Villafana/Beasley are the wingback.

The big question is to play Pulisic in the middle or the wing. My vote is the middle. His best performances down the US have been there. Make him the connection to the front 2. Play Bradley and Nagbe/Failhaber behind him.

Up front should be Wood and Dempsey but Jozy will start and we will have 30 minutes with our best strikers on the field together.

I think we've reached the point were the keeper doesn't matter. Neither are world class anymore and you are just as likely to get a good performance out of either. Just hope he picks the right guy for the day.

Reaction Score
It was odd UconnDan omitted Yedlin from his post entirely. He played a hell of a game today and deserves the start Friday.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It was odd UconnDan omitted Yedlin from his post entirely. He played a hell of a game today and deserves the start Friday.

It's not that odd really. I prefer Cameron's feet to Yedlin's speed, but I'm fine with Yedlin there too.

If Yedlin is in that spot, then Cameron goes back to a central defender, and I like him less there...

Reaction Score
Howard
Villafana, Gonzalaez, Cameron
Nagbe, Feihlhaber, Bradley, Pulisic, Yedlin
Dempsey, Wood

Go 3-5-2, which can easily switch to a 4-4-2 with Yedlin dropping back if need be. Panama is going to pack it in to play for a draw, as they do.. and look to strike on the counter.

Forecast for Orlando on Friday night is mid 70's, a breeze, and humid. Tell me again why this game is not being played further north? Forecast for Denver, CO and Salt Lake, UT.... mid/upper 40's. Who makes these decisions? And that doesn't really matter as much as the home field environment would be stronger in those locations v. Panama.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Forecast for Orlando on Friday night is mid 70's, a breeze, and humid. Tell me again why this game is not being played further north? Forecast for Denver, CO and Salt Lake, UT.... mid/upper 40's. Who makes these decisions? And that doesn't really matter as much as the home field environment would be stronger in those locations v. Panama.
The only thing I can think of is weather is closer to T&T weather. Makes it easier on us weather wise. We don't have to deal with the weather contrast ???? The other reason possibly, travel. ???

Reaction Score
The only thing I can think of is weather is closer to T&T weather. Makes it easier on us weather wise. We don't have to deal with the weather contrast ???? The other reason possibly, travel. ???
both make sense.

Reaction Score
If I hadn't gotten married when I did, I'd be with a supermodel.

Notice zero Germans on the roster. Purification complete. Job done. Nearly everything I said was going to happen has come to pass.

The team still plays just a crappy too.

Reaction Score
Notice zero Germans on the roster. Purification complete. Job done. Nearly everything I said was going to happen has come to pass.

The team still plays just a crappy too.

Yes. It's Arena's fault that Brooks was hurt. Again. Chandler played himself off the team and complaining about it is absurd. Is Chandler better than Graham Zusi in league? Of course he is. If it doesn't translate when he flies transatlantic so what?

I am a huge Fabian Johnson fan and frankly would prefer to see him on this team. But the fact is he's barely played for Munchengladbach this year, and his last two games with the red white and blue have been poor.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Nice historical perspective, but doesn't put forth any ideas on how to "reboot".

Anyone who isn't a lock for the XI in Russia gets dropped after qualification. Call up anyone with the potential to contribute to 2022, with the real eye on 2026.

Any fringe players over the age of 28/22 need take a back seat to younger guys.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom