EmpQbUsXUAIN3kM.jpg

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Average age of starting lineup....22.2.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Not looking bad in 1st half. But could really use a striker instead of a false 9.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They still had to stick in an MLS guy, didn't they?

Reaction Score
Lletget had some nice set piece delivery. Aside from that, not much

Reaction Score
This is the second time I've seen Robinson. He makes many mistakes. I guess, he must have huge potential to be getting this many minutes.

Reaction Score
Agreed. From a technical perspective Robinson didn't fit.
And how nice is it were bringing big club players off the bench .... To replace other big club players.
I'm not sure someone like Yedlin has a place anymore

Reaction Score
This is the second time I've seen Robinson. He makes many mistakes. I guess, he must have huge potential to be getting this many minutes.

He has a lot of speed, maybe the fastest guy on the team, but several steps behind technically.

Reaction Score
I thought the passing in the offensive zone was very good especailly the short passing in tight spaces. However in the first 30 minutes no one pulled the trigger. Maybe they were looking for a striker that wasn't there. We really controled the possesion and the play. For me, John Brooks was the best player on the USA side. He was calm, in the right spots and made the right plays. I would like to see them look a bit more dangerous. But for a group that never played together, we seem to have something to work with.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't understand why you wouldn't plug in your best guys and have them do what they are doing for their club team, then have all the others work off of that.

Reaction Score
I've linked a pretty decent review of the game (the reviewer loves Adams). Couple of other things. The team didn't commit the high number of unforced give aways we're used to seeing. And when Wales had the ball we were very good at getting it back. Both of those are unusual for the USMNT and nice to see.

Reaction Score
After the first 15 Robinson was really good in my mind. Really needs to keep his head in the game better but I like it. Miazga scares the hell out of me. That is a slot that needs to be improved. Figure Pulisic and Sargent with Gio on the front line and this would have been a great 11, close to the best the US has ever had. I am now excited to see the Panama game Tuesday.

Reaction Score
After the first 15 Robinson was really good in my mind. Really needs to keep his head in the game better but I like it. Miazga scares the hell out of me. That is a slot that needs to be improved. Figure Pulisic and Sargent with Gio on the front line and this would have been a great 11, close to the best the US has ever had. I am now excited to see the Panama game Tuesday.
The Panama game is on Monday, unless you are talking about a replay.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I've linked a pretty decent review of the game (the reviewer loves Adams). Couple of other things. The team didn't commit the high number of unforced give aways we're used to seeing. And when Wales had the ball we were very good at getting it back. Both of those are unusual for the USMNT and nice to see.
It's like we have a real team coming together. And I love Adams, too. I still remember how good he was in his 1st Bundesliga match. I still love watching him play. He's on it!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Not sure about really good. But we have to remember, the alternatives are Lima, Lovitz and Ream.

Reaction Score
Today's lineup they take the field in about an hour. Lot's of changes.

Em90ECLXcAcU9lh-1.png

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Hmmmm, having an actual 9 playing helps. :D

Reaction Score
This group had barely met each other before last week, so the lack of great team play is clearly overshadowed by the individual young talent we're seeing. The starting 11 against Wales (without Pulisic) came from the following clubs: Barcelona, Barcelona, Juventus, Man City, Dortmund, Red Bull Leipzig, Valencia, Fulham, Wolfsburg, Anderlecht, and LA Galaxy. That would have been unimaginable just a few years ago.

Hopefully we have a coach and GM who can keep the young talent fresh as others grow up and blend it into a team, but there is an upside that we haven't seen. And then we need a striker.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Like I said, we got some guys now. Brutal listen by these Fox guys today. Constant hype while ignoring on-field action. Maddening.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
BTW, we need to scratch Jozy out of any future plans. He's had a nice career but he is totally washed now.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
BTW, we need to scratch Jozy out of any future plans. He's had a nice career but he is totally washed now.

Unless everyone is agreed that he is a bench/20MPG player, tops. Given the history of the USMNT, i doubt that would work. He's behind all of the european players. Still ahead of Zardes and Leggett, imo. Which isn't saying much. Need to cap tie Gio, asap. He, Sargent, ad Morris can fight it out for the 9 spot. No need for retread strikers at the moment.

Reaction Score
Unless everyone is agreed that he is a bench/20MPG player, tops. Given the history of the USMNT, i doubt that would work. He's behind all of the european players. Still ahead of Zardes and Leggett, imo. Which isn't saying much. Need to cap tie Gio, asap. He, Sargent, ad Morris can beat it out for the 9 spot. No need for retread strikers at the moment.
Gioacchini isn’t gonna go to another NT.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom