USMNT Falling | Page 7 | The Boneyard

USMNT Falling

Reaction Score
Watching v Cuba, I feel like I'm watching a HS game. No crowd in the bleachers, low camera angle, pitch surrounded by a track.

Super quick score for us, excellent deflection save by Guzan early.

The US played for about 45 minutes and then cashed it in. Other than winning a game easily that they should have won, it really answers nothing. With what the US had on the bench versus what Cuba has (their keeper was good), my HS coach could have won this game. I'm concenred that the US (I know the Nations Cup is out of their control to a degree) will continue playing the lower tier teams to 'build-up confidence' only to fall flat on their face once they play Mexico and the higher tier teams. They need to schedule games with COPA or UEFA before Cup qualifying begins to see where the team trully is and to make changes as needed, such as the head coaching role.

Reaction Score
Watching v Cuba, I feel like I'm watching a HS game. No crowd in the bleachers, low camera angle, pitch surrounded by a track.
Playing an away game against Cuba in a George Town, Cayman Islands stadium, is it really so surprising? Nope, no new Wembley nor brand new Spurs’ stadium.

Reaction Score
Playing an away game against Cuba in a George Town, Cayman Islands stadium, is it really so surprising? Nope, no new Wembley nor brand new Spurs’ stadium.

There are schools in Texas that would be insulted about making fun of high school stadiums. Allen TX comes to mind with their 18K palace.

Allen TX stadium.jpg

Reaction Score
There are schools in Texas that would be insulted about making fun of high school stadiums. Allen TX comes to mind with their 18K palace
Way 0T: Priorities priorities; Jay-bone may agree; Cayman Islands’ government finances, citizens, and Cuban federation budget likely not so much

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Allen Texas should be insulted.
Way 0T: C’mon, Friday Night Lights! A majority of Allen’s voters who actually voted supported their Taj Mahal. Priorities priorities ...

Anywho, wonder if the soccer team’s allowed to play their spring season games in the stadium when the gridders should be practicing? SMH

Last edited:
Reaction Score
wins over Canada and Cuba have seemed to have silenced the majority of the criticism for now - my fear is that these results, while positive, will mask the glaring issues that this squad is still likely not good enough to get results against Mexico, Costa Rica or road points in the Hex.

Reaction Score
The field was outrageously bad. We lucky no one was hurt. Huge chucks of turf were coming up. Guys were slipping and the ball was bouncing all over the place. In a way that was good as it made it almost impossible to use Berhalter's passing out the back system. I would have like to see the USA be a little more dangerous looking but we took advange of our opportunities. None of it means anything.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Way 0T: C’mon, Friday Night Lights! A majority of Allen’s voters who actually voted supported their Taj Mahal. Priorities priorities ...
Stuff like that was ridiculed in Rocky and Bullwinkle 60 years ago. Check at 4:20 for a minute or so, don't miss 5:00.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The field was outrageously bad. We lucky no one was hurt. Huge chucks of turf were coming up. Guys were slipping and the ball was bouncing all over the place. In a way that was good as it made it almost impossible to use Berhalter's passing out the back system. I would have like to see the USA be a little more dangerous looking but we took advange of our opportunities. None of it means anything.
It's good we can get some games on fields like this...and win. We're gonna probably have a couple away games like this during WCQ.

Reaction Score
Stuff like that was ridiculed in Rocky and Bullwinkle 60 years ago. Check at 4:20 for a minute or so, don't miss 5:00.

Check at 4:20. Got it. Understand.

Reaction Score
wins over Canada and Cuba have seemed to have silenced the majority of the criticism for now - my fear is that these results, while positive, will mask the glaring issues that this squad is still likely not good enough to get results against Mexico, Costa Rica or road points in the Hex.

We deserve our fate.

Reaction Score
Typically, a coach winning a game is viewed by most rational people as a positive for the specific coach himself

Not when it is Cuba. They might as well have been playing toddlers.

the depressing thought is that we either missing the World Cup, or going to the World Cup with Gregggg and Earnie.

Reaction Score
the depressing thought is that we either missing the World Cup, or going to the World Cup with Gregggg and Earnie.

here's to the latter - seeya at the Hex

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Berhalter has put out a list for Camp Cupcake to play Costa Rica 2/1/20.

GK - Sean Johnson, Bill Hamid, JT Marcinkowski, Matt Turner
DF - Aaron Long, Walker Zimmerman, Reggie Cannon, Julian Araujo, Chase Gasper, Justen Glad, Mark McKenzie, Sam Vines
MF - Cristian Roldan, Sebastian Lletget, Jackson Yueill, Paxton Pomykal, Brenden Aaronson, Christian Cuppis, Bryang Kayo
FW - Gyassi Zardes, Jordan Morris, Paul Arriola, Jonathon Lewis, Jesus Ferreira, Ulysses Llanez

Basically looking at some young MLSers.

Reaction Score
Berhalter has put out a list for Camp Cupcake to play Costa Rica 2/1/20.

GK - Sean Johnson, Bill Hamid, JT Marcinkowski, Matt Turner
DF - Aaron Long, Walker Zimmerman, Reggie Cannon, Julian Araujo, Chase Gasper, Justen Glad, Mark McKenzie, Sam Vines
MF - Cristian Roldan, Sebastian Lletget, Jackson Yueill, Paxton Pomykal, Brenden Aaronson, Christian Cuppis, Bryang Kayo
FW - Gyassi Zardes, Jordan Morris, Paul Arriola, Jonathon Lewis, Jesus Ferreira, Ulysses Llanez

Basically looking at some young MLSers.

If he wants to look at even more junior MLS players, I can get that. But, then why on earth is Zardes on the roster? He's not young, USMNT should know what they are and are not getting with him, and he should shouldn't even get a sniff on being on the roster for Cup Qualifying. Plus, there are some young US players in Europe and elsewhere who are not getting much time on the pitch for their Club, so give them a shot, too.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
If he wants to look at even more junior MLS players, I can get that. But, then why on earth is Zardes on the roster? He's not young, USMNT should know what they are and are not getting with him, and he should shouldn't even get a sniff on being on the roster for Cup Qualifying. Plus, there are some young US players in Europe and elsewhere who are not getting much time on the pitch for their Club, so give them a shot, too.
One, they gotta have a few players who are older/leaders/been around/know how USMNT works, two, there aren't very many FW's around in MLS to call in. I don't think it's gonna be a FIFA release date. So calling in European players, eh probably gotta be careful there.

Reaction Score
So important to keep Llanez in the fold. Kid is a good one

Reaction Score
Well, this Winter Camp has been shortened by a few days as the opportunity to practice in Qatar for a few days has been scrubbed due to obvious security concerns. Now, th team is just going to meet in LA for roughly a week it looks like.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom