USF WBB | Page 17 | The Boneyard

USF WBB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
USF is well coached and it extends beyond the vastly underrated coach Fernandez. Assistant Jeff Osterman is one of the game's good guys and an excellent coach in his own right - I'd be surprised if he doesn't get a closer look for a head coaching job in the next year or two.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
USF is well coached and it extends beyond the vastly underrated coach Fernandez. Assistant Jeff Osterman is one of the game's good guys and an excellent coach in his own right - I'd be surprised if he doesn't get a closer look for a head coaching job in the next year or two.

He was the one who posted the above photo with the caption:

RUN FROM being good. Chase being great.

I suspect your S/N has something to do with THE Katz's Deli on the lower East side of Manhattan. Just as with UCONN WBB, many deli's have tried to beat Katz's, without much success. :D

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
This team photo was posted yesterday on twitter. Jazz Bond seems to have grown an inch, since I last saw her about a month ago. She must be 6'5" at the moment.

USF W. Basketball ‏@USFWBB 22h22 hours agoTampa, FL
Thank you @LeahSecondo for sharing your wisdom! #BullsUnite

CuhGQi4WEAA7N0W.jpg

Related article:

Women's Basketball Prepares for Spotlight

Reaction Score
He was the one who posted the above photo with the caption:

RUN FROM being good. Chase being great.

I suspect your S/N has something to do with THE Katz's Deli on the lower East side of Manhattan. Just as with UCONN WBB, many deli's have tried to beat Katz's, without much success. :D
Rhom's ???

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Rhom's

If that is a name of a deli, I haven't been there to compare them to Katz's.

I read an article recently that Carnegie Deli, once considered a rival to Katz's, is closing after 80 years.

...These days, the Carnegie Deli is more of a tourist trap than a celebrated establishment like its downtown rival Katz’s Delicatessen, but it certainly has a storied place in New York City’s history. With walls famously plastered with signed photographs of celebrities who have stopped in for a bite and a location in the heart of Midtown, its a mecca for visitors and long-time locals alike looking for a classic half-sour pickle and heaping portions of meat, Greg Morabito writes for Eater.

Read more: After 80 Years, New York’s Iconic Carnegie Deli Is Closing for Good | Smart News | Smithsonian

Reaction Score
If that is a name of a deli, I haven't been there to compare them to Katz's.

I read an article recently that Carnegie Deli, once considered a rival to Katz's, is closing after 80 years.

...These days, the Carnegie Deli is more of a tourist trap than a celebrated establishment like its downtown rival Katz’s Delicatessen, but it certainly has a storied place in New York City’s history. With walls famously plastered with signed photographs of celebrities who have stopped in for a bite and a location in the heart of Midtown, its a mecca for visitors and long-time locals alike looking for a classic half-sour pickle and heaping portions of meat, Greg Morabito writes for Eater.

Read more: After 80 Years, New York’s Iconic Carnegie Deli Is Closing for Good | Smart News | Smithsonian
Vernon/Rockville Ct Deli just off of 84 and about 10 miles south of the 195 Uconn exit .

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Laksa on First Team at AAC PreSeason Media Day. Props to USF!

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Bummer - she is a good player and they will certainly miss her

Yes, she is an important player, not just for what she does on the court, but for her optoimistic attitude, even in the face of adversity.

She played a good deal of last season with the same injury.

I don't know if it has gotten even worse, but precaution is certainly warranted.
Perhaps, she will be able to resume playing by the time conference games begin.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
I know there is a separate thread here on the AAC Coaches player/team selections, but thought it worthwhile to post the team poll here as well.

image_handler.aspx

It's nice to see that Geno once again voted for USF, since he is not allowed to vote for UCONN.

It isn't all that surprising that Temple had one more point for 2nd place than USF, considering all the impact players we lost and having six newcomers on our team.

I'm sure that our coach will have the USF WBB team up for our games with Temple, to prove the other coaches wrong. :D

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Interesting article in the USF student newspaper, The Oracle, about some of the international players on the WBB team.

Land of opportunity

There is no mention of any of our new players, one of whom is ranked as the #1 European player, D. Nagy.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Yes, she is an important player, not just for what she does on the court, but for her optoimistic attitude, even in the face of adversity.

She played a good deal of last season with the same injury.

I don't know if it has gotten even worse, but precaution is certainly warranted.
Perhaps, she will be able to resume playing by the time conference games begin.

This is a big blow to USF's prospects for this season. It's early November, and they're already saying the injury is bad enough that Ferreira might have to miss the entire season. And the fact that her plantar fasciitis was a significant problem for her last year as well (enough so that she missed several games because of it) tells me that something went very wrong with the resting/healing/rehabbing process over the summer. Once plantar fasciitis gets that bad, it can be damn near debilitating.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
For those, like me, who aren't familiar with Bean Boozle, here is some info:

upload_2016-11-6_17-38-23.jpeg
BeanBoozled is the Russian Roulette of candy games. Each box is filled with both delicious and strange flavors. The catch is that you cannot tell what you're going to get until you eat it! There are ten differently styled Jelly Belly Jelly Beans in each box.

Attachments

• upload_2016-11-6_17-37-47.jpeg
    upload_2016-11-6_17-37-47.jpeg
    8.9 KB · Views: 38
Reaction Score
For those, like me, who aren't familiar with Bean Boozle, here is some info:

View attachment 16646
BeanBoozled is the Russian Roulette of candy games. Each box is filled with both delicious and strange flavors. The catch is that you cannot tell what you're going to get until you eat it! There are ten differently styled Jelly Belly Jelly Beans in each box.
At first glance it looked like beer pong (a game at which elite basketball players should excel!)

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
This is a big blow to USF's prospects for this season. It's early November, and they're already saying the injury is bad enough that Ferreira might have to miss the entire season. And the fact that her plantar fasciitis was a significant problem for her last year as well (enough so that she missed several games because of it) tells me that something went very wrong with the resting/healing/rehabbing process over the summer. Once plantar fasciitis gets that bad, it can be damn near debilitating.

I've been reading up on the condition and you are correct.

Perhaps, it has not currently reached that point with her.

I read one article which suggested she might be playing sometime in December.

In this team picture from today, she is smiling and suited up. Hopefully, those are good signs.

Debbie Williamson ‏@drdebwill 3h3 hours agoUniversity, FL
Sunny day-bright future in South Florida @American_WBB @USFWBB Talking Rules & Ref Stuff Visit #23

CwvxIpZXcAAD_nY.jpg

0 replies1 retweet4 likes

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
We were expected to have two players, both PG's, sign in the early period. So far one of them, Vanessa Blagmon, has sent in her LOI, but there has not yet been an official release from USF.

I could not find whether the other player LaShonda Monk has signed with anybody. There may be a problem with her signing, for some unknown reason.

KBarton ‏@norcrosssports Nov 10
Congrats to Vanessa Blagmon for signing w/ @USouthFlorida to play basketball.

Cw7ULtbWEAAeABx.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member