USF WBB | Page 14 | The Boneyard

USF WBB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Funny!

However, I'm sure one of the more literate computer people on here knows of a "voice" program which will pronounce it fairly accurately, but that's out of my league, Charlie. LOL

The locker room must be hysterical.............how many different languages have they got on the team now?

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
The locker room must be hysterical...how many different languages have they got on the team now?

I think we will have 7 foreign languages:

Countries represented: Latvia, Denmark (2), Portugal, Spain (3), Sweden, Hungary, and Kenya.

Of course, we still have time to add some more languages. ;)

Reaction Score
I think we will have 7 foreign languages:

Countries represented: Latvia, Denmark (2), Portugal, Spain (3), Sweden, Hungary, and Kenya.

Of course, we still have time to add some more languages. ;)

Yes I saw in one of the Boo Williams stories there was a good player from Montenegro...........thought of you immediately!!!!

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Yes I saw in one of the Boo Williams stories there was a good player from Montenegro......thought of you immediately!!!!

I was hoping to land a star player from Italy, but she decided to turn pro.

We are in serious consideration for a JUCO All-American from Puerto Rico, but I doubt that would count as another language.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
WOO! WOO! The missing piece for USF has just committed!

We have our PG who shoots 48% 3-pointers.

We will now have a dual threat, with Laksa from behind the arc.

Also, with the added size of this class, we should be able to be competitive with the bigger teams. It's just a matter of how long it will take for all the pieces to fit together as a team.

In the coming years, USF should be able to build on what it has achieved so far. The future is bright for WBB at USF!!!

USF ATHLETICS

GoUSFBulls.com

WEB LINK: http://Post original url/1SCaiz0

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

DATE: April 28, 2016

Women’s Basketball Nabs JUCO All-American

TAMPA, FLA., APRIL 28, 2016– The University of South Florida women’s basketball team received more good news when Nachalie De Jesus joined the incoming class Thursday, head coach Jose Fernandez and his staff announced. De Jesus becomes the sixth newcomer added to the Bulls’ roster.

“I’m really excited to have Nachalie join our program,” said Fernandez. “I think she fills our immediate need for depth in the backcourt and her experience at Miami Dade College will give her a chance to make an impact early.”

De Jesus finished her second season at Miami Dade College as the Southern Conference Player of the Year and received All-Southern Conference First Team honors and All-State/Region honors. De Jesus was selected to the 2016 WBCA Junior/Community College Coaches' All-America Team, and was an NJCAA Honorable Mention.

Quick off the dribble, De Jesus was the top JUCO guard and ranked fourth in the nation with 21.8 points per game. De Jesus has the ability to spread the offense with her consistent three-point game, averaging 48 percent from behind the arc, which also ranked fourth in the country. De Jesus averaged 8.0 rebounds per game and led the Sharks at the charity stripe, averaging 74 percent, which ranked in the top five nationally.

Like many others on the Bulls’ roster, De Jesus is a member of Puerto Rico’s senior national team and played for the territory in the 2014 FIBA Americas U18 Championship in Colorado Springs.

USF is looking to maintain its recent success despite the loss of the most successful senior class in program history. The Bulls signed four student-athletes during the early signing period and anticipate a few more additions to the roster. De Jesus will join Jazzmaine Bond, Tamara Henshaw, Shae Leverett, Dorottya Nagy and Enna Pehadzic in the incoming class.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Can Jose not find a decent basketball player in the Continental United States?????

All joking aside, the only downside I see in bringing in all of these players from outside is that you will loose relationships with those close by..........there are some really good players in Florida, Georgia, S and N Carolina etc that should be interested in playing for a competitive team like USF...........if they get the perception that USF is looking for "foreign" players only, they will be less likely to take the school seriously...............

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Can Jose not find a decent basketball player in the Continental United States?????

All joking aside, the only downside I see in bringing in all of these players from outside is that you will loose relationships with those close by.....there are some really good players in Florida, Georgia, S and N Carolina etc that should be interested in playing for a competitive team like USF......if they get the perception that USF is looking for "foreign" players only, they will be less likely to take the school seriously.....

Our first three early signees are all from the USA:

Jazzmaine Bond (Tenn), Tamara Henshaw (Florida), Shae Leverett (Georgia).

Jazz Bond is a teammate of your commit Crystal Dangerfield.

Those three players are all between 6-1 and 6-4 and can all score, which is something we have been lacking. They will hopefully replace the rebounding and scoring which we have lost with the departure of A. Jenkins.

Considering we needed to replace C Williams, we went outside the country for an athletic guard, Enna P, from Denmark (ranked #10 player in Europe by prospects Nation) and recently athletic SF Nagy (#1 European player by Blue Star Europe).

We lost a starting PG and this JUCO more than makes up for her (on paper).

As I mentioned in previous posts, up until now we have not, generally, been successful recruiting top 100 American players. We've only landed a handful over the years. The obvious reason for that is because the elite WBB schools usually gobble them up.

So, we need to try and find the equivalent elsewhere, if we can.

Hopefully, that will change for 2017, since we are mentioned by a number of top 100 players mostly from Florida and many have been to a number of our basketball games during the past few years.

The problem is that UCONN, ND, LOU and many other NAME WBB teams are also after them. So, it's very tough competition for USF. Our resume is getting better and so we are now being looked at by some of them. Hopefully, we will have some success. They would be our FIRST option (as always).

Last edited:

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Looking good for the Bulls, I must say!!

Thanks.

Now let's see if we have any success in landing any top USA players for '17.

According to ESPN, we are listed among the favorites of a few such players from FLORIDA.

Here are two LOCAL players that we would LOVE to snare.

203428.jpg

Chelsie Hall
POINT GUARD
CLASS: 2017

SCOUTS GRADE

• Tampa, FL HOMETOWN
  • Seffner Christian Academy HIGH SCHOOL
  • 5-7HEIGHT
  • —WEIGHT
  • 16 OVERALL RANK
  • 5 POSITION RANK

CONSIDERING Auburn Tigers, Florida Gators, South Florida Bulls, Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, Georgia Lady Bulldogs, Louisville Cardinals, Columbia Lions, Vanderbilt Commodores,Baylor Lady Bears, Miami Hurricanes

190812.jpg

LaDazhia Williams
FORWARD

SCOUTS GRADE

• Bradenton, FL HOMETOWN
  • Lakewood Ranch HIGH SCHOOL
  • 6-2 HEIGHT
  • —WEIGHT
  • 43 OVERALL RANK
  • 8 POSITION RANK

STATUS Undeclared

CONSIDERING Florida State Seminoles, South Florida Bulls, Louisville Cardinals, LSU Lady Tigers, North Carolina Tar Heels,Ohio State Buckeyes, Texas A&M Aggies, UCF Knights,Miami Hurricanes, South Carolina Gamecocks, Tennessee Lady Vols

I don't know why UCONN isn't listed, since your coach visited her at home. I know there is a thread about her on this board.

Reaction Score
Thanks.

190812.jpg

LaDazhia Williams
FORWARD

CONSIDERING Florida State Seminoles, South Florida Bulls, Louisville Cardinals, LSU Lady Tigers, North Carolina Tar Heels,Ohio State Buckeyes, Texas A&M Aggies, UCF Knights,Miami Hurricanes, South Carolina Gamecocks, Tennessee Lady Vols

I don't know why UCONN isn't listed, since your coach visited her at home. I know there is a thread about her on this board.

From what I understand she told Geno she only wants to play with a school outside of the United States............:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
From what I understand she told Geno she only wants to play with a school outside of the United States..:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

LOL.

All kidding aside, she is now on the COURTNEY WILLIAMS TEAM. :p

1. LaDazhia Retweeted
    FGB Travel Team ‏@FGBvsEveryone Apr 26
    Excited to Welcome another Super Frosh Maria Alvarez to FGB Team Courtney Williams of Miami Country Day @mca6alvarez

2. LaDazhia RetweetedFGB Travel Team ‏@FGBvsEveryone Apr 26
  3. Excited I Welcome Tampa's own Alise Davis to FGB Team Courtney Williams huge spring for the 6-1 F @AliseDavis_55

4. LaDazhia Retweeted
    Welcome Paxon 2017 Jhane Wheeler (@jhane_nicole24) to FGB Team Courtney Williams for Summer 2016

5. LaDazhia Retweeted
    Would Like to Welcome 6-4 2017 @LDazhia Williams of Bradenton FL to the inaugural FGB Team Courtney Williams

Cg_lqVLWYAErqYw.jpg

Cg_lqWUWwAEiBkN.jpg

6. LaDazhia Retweeted
    Would like to Welcome 2017 Dekeriya Patterson of Dunbar HS Fort Myers FL to FGB Team Courtney Williams
  7. LaDazhia Retweeted
    Welcome to 5-10 G 2017 Maria Kuhlman of Ponte Vedra Beach FL to FGB Team Courtney Williams for July 2016

8. LaDazhia Retweeted
    We would like to officially welcome Re'Yanna Jones ( @reytwice ) 2019 Seminole HS to FGB Team Courtney Williams

9. LaDazhia Retweeted
    B Travel Team ‏@FGBvsEveryone Apr 26
    We would like to Welcome 6-2 2018 Shania Edgecombe of Ribault HS Jacksonville, FL to FGB Team Courtney Williams

10. David Saur ‏@CoachDavidSaur [URL='https://twitter.com/CoachDavidSaur/status/724788000245293056']Apr 25[/URL]
  11. @FGBvsEveryone 17' Milica (Mia) Manojlović from Montenegro is a kid you need to know. Breakout @ASGRBasketball

12. BTW, I presume this is the player from Montenegro you mentioned earlier. I bet our coach is already on it. ;)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Hey, UFSMF - You guys don't have to wait until conference play begins to start leaving your "calling card". You guys can start kicking some butt right out of the gate in November. Introduce yourself to some of these other programs that may not know who you are. Represent the AAC!! Be like Tony Kornheiser (co-host of ESPN's PTI television program) when he goes out. Sometimes he'll ask people: "Do you know who I am?"

There's no time like NOW, to start gaining a little "street cred". A good run through the season may produce a higher seed in the tourny. Good luck to you and the Bulls. Look forward to seeing you next year.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Hey, UFSMF - You guys don't have to wait until conference play begins to start leaving your "calling card". You guys can start kicking some butt right out of the gate in November. Introduce yourself to some of these other programs that may not know who you are. Represent the AAC!! Be like Tony Kornheiser (co-host of ESPN's PTI television program) when he goes out. Sometimes he'll ask people: "Do you know who I am?"

There's no time like NOW, to start gaining a little "street cred". A good run through the season may produce a higher seed in the tourny. Good luck to you and the Bulls. Look forward to seeing you next year.

I tried doing that on the Baylor board in the pre-season, before our semi-final matchup in the WNIT. At that time, of course, most of their fans thought we'd be lucky to keep it within 30 points in their house.

The day before that game, their coach apparently got antsy and sent out an APB for EVERYBODY to show up, because she didn't want an empty arena against what she said was a very tough team.

After a very slow start on our part (which is typical), we ended up losing only by three, with a last second missed shot to tie the game.

Their message board fans then became a little more respectful. :cool:

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
The updated ESPNW Top 100 for 2016 shows five players from the AAC.

Of course, it is not unusual to see UCONN being one of the schools named there.

But for any of the other AAC teams, it is. LOL

USF has two such players, both from Europe.

UCF and Houston have one each.

2016 HoopGurlz Recruiting Rankings - espnW 100
Prepared by Dan Olson, Collegiate Girls Basketball Report

Class:

Crystal Dangerfield
Connecticut PG 5-6 Blackman H.S. (TN

#32 Dorottya Nagy
South Florida W 6-1 PTE Deak Ferenc Gimnaziuma (EUR)

#81 Kornelia Wright
UCF PG 5-7 Jones H.S. (FL)

#85 Natasha Mack
Houston P 6-3 Lufkin H.S. (TX)

#95 Enna Pehadzic
South Florida PG 5-9 Aabyhoj H.S. (EUR)

2016 HoopGurlz Recruiting Rankings - espnW 100 - ESPN

Reaction Score
Watch Out USFBB, Somebody"s Gaining On You!!!!!

AMES, Iowa – Iowa State head coach Bill Fennelly announced today the addition of Sofija Zivaljevic, an international prep standout from Montenegro. Zivaljevic signed a letter of intent to compete for the Cyclones beginning in the 2016-17 season.

“We are excited to add Sofija to the Iowa State women’s basketball family,” Fennelly said. “Sofija will help provide additional ball handling skills that we need. Her international experience is something we also saw as a great positive. Sofija is a great person and I know our fans will look forward to getting to know her and watching her in a Cyclone uniform.”

Zivaljevic is a 5-7 point guard from Podgorica, Montenegro, who averaged 8.2 points, 3.4 rebounds and 2.7 assists while competing for Montenegro’s U20 National team. This coming summer, she is on the list for Montegro’s Senior National Team and will also compete in a tournament with the U20 National team as well.

As a member of Zkk Buducnost Bemax, a club team in Montenegro, Zivaljevic led the team to an international title in the MZRKL league, which is hailed as one of the top leagues in Europe. She competed against other teams from Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina. She was also rated a four-star prospect by BlueStar Europe.

Zivaljevic is the fourth member of Iowa State’s 2016 signing class which includes Adrianna Camber of Lund, Sweden, Aliyah Konate of Berlin, Germany and Nia Washington from Stafford, Virginia.

2016-17 Iowa State Signees
Adriana Camber, F, 5-9, Lund, Sweden, Katedralskolan Lund
Aliyah Konate, F/C, 6-4, Berlin, Germany, Mildred-Harnack
Nia Washington, G, 5-6, Stafford, Virginia, Riverdale Baptist
Sofija Zivaljevic, G, 5-7, Podgorica, Montenegro

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Watch Out USFBB, Somebody"s Gaining On You!!!!!

AMES, Iowa – Iowa State head coach Bill Fennelly announced today the addition of Sofija Zivaljevic, an international prep standout from Montenegro. Zivaljevic signed a letter of intent to compete for the Cyclones beginning in the 2016-17 season.

“We are excited to add Sofija to the Iowa State women’s basketball family,” Fennelly said. “Sofija will help provide additional ball handling skills that we need. Her international experience is something we also saw as a great positive. Sofija is a great person and I know our fans will look forward to getting to know her and watching her in a Cyclone uniform.”

Zivaljevic is a 5-7 point guard from Podgorica, Montenegro, who averaged 8.2 points, 3.4 rebounds and 2.7 assists while competing for Montenegro’s U20 National team. This coming summer, she is on the list for Montegro’s Senior National Team and will also compete in a tournament with the U20 National team as well.

As a member of Zkk Buducnost Bemax, a club team in Montenegro, Zivaljevic led the team to an international title in the MZRKL league, which is hailed as one of the top leagues in Europe. She competed against other teams from Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina. She was also rated a four-star prospect by BlueStar Europe.

Zivaljevic is the fourth member of Iowa State’s 2016 signing class which includes Adrianna Camber of Lund, Sweden, Aliyah Konate of Berlin, Germany and Nia Washington from Stafford, Virginia.

2016-17 Iowa State Signees
Adriana Camber, F, 5-9, Lund, Sweden, Katedralskolan Lund
Aliyah Konate, F/C, 6-4, Berlin, Germany, Mildred-Harnack
Nia Washington, G, 5-6, Stafford, Virginia, Riverdale Baptist
Sofija Zivaljevic, G, 5-7, Podgorica, Montenegro

Currently, there are a few other teams that are heavily recruiting international players.

Even some of the elite WBB teams are dipping into the non-USA player pool more often.

Reaction Score
Currently, there are a few other teams that are heavily recruiting international players.

Even some of the elite WBB teams are dipping into the non-USA player pool more often.

I know some of us are wondering if UConn has interest in Julie Reisigerova from the Czech Republic

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
I understand from reading this board that UCONN hasn't offered 2017 LaDazhia Williams and that she now won't probably a get an offer because you landed a very good transfer from Duke.

It seems that ND might have the inside track right now.

I'm curious to know whether UCONN fans would rather see her sign with ND or USF, if given the choice?

As I mentioned earlier, she is now plying on the inaugural Courtney williams team for FGB.

Thought you might be interested, if it hasn't been already posted, that she has been invited to try out for USA WBB team.

Kenny Kallina‏@KennyKallina5h5 hours ago
Congrats to @FGBvsEveryone 2017 @LDazhia Williams for being our 1st HS player invited to try out for @usabasketball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom