USF postgame | Page 3 | The Boneyard

USF postgame

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I honestly believe USF is a better offensive team than UCF at this point in the season. UCF’s numbers are skewed somewhat because they get more transition baskets off turnovers and USF spent a good part of their season trying to right the ship after losing numerous players to injury. The last time the two teams met, UCF won a nail biter at home 66-63.
Agree. I was gonna mention the FG% probably being higher due to transition buckets, ....but it was only Charlie...so you know. :cool:

Reaction Score
I’ll bet it’s 20 or more. Want to take that wager?

Hell no............I don't remember predicting a score I simply said that the UCF game will likely be a better test for the current team and that I'd wager the MOV will be less then the USF game based on the analysis of Meyers7...........take it or leave it sucker.............:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Agree. I was gonna mention the FG% probably being higher due to transition buckets, ....but it was only Charlie...so you know. :cool:

Meyers am I going to have to put you in a "TimeOut"? I thought you requested me to ignore you a while back and now you come scrambling out of the bushes guns blazing................

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Hell no..I don't remember predicting a score I simply said that the UCF game will likely be a better test for the current team and that I'd wager the MOV will be less then the USF game based on the analysis of Meyers7......take it or leave it sucker...:rolleyes:
So I guess you’re not going to put your money where your mouth is? :cool:

Reaction Score
So I guess you’re not going to put your money where your mouth is? :cool:

this mouth just offered to bet that the MOV would be under USF's 36 point deficit..................go back to my original post.................I said not to get too excited yet, that the next game will show if UConn has indeed improved in the past few games.............I view UCF as a tougher opponent.................Myers disagreed so I made the offer............ I'm going to watch and find out like everybody else.............I hope UConn wins by 50............

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
this mouth just offered to bet that the MOV would be under USF's 36 point deficit...go back to my original post.......I said not to get too excited yet, that the next game will show if UConn has indeed improved in the past few games...I view UCF as a tougher opponent.......Myers disagreed so I made the offer.. I'm going to watch and find out like everybody else...I hope UConn wins by 50..
Take it easy CB. I’m just trying to negotiate the point spread. So what are we talking about here? 50 large? 100 large? ;)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Meyers am I going to have to put you in a "TimeOut"? I thought you requested me to ignore you a while back and now you come scrambling out of the bushes guns blazing......
Nah, I'd never request anyone to ignore me. In fact everyone should treat me like E.F. Hutton.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
this mouth just offered to bet that the MOV would be under USF's 36 point deficit...go back to my original post.......I said not to get too excited yet, that the next game will show if UConn has indeed improved in the past few games...I view UCF as a tougher opponent.......Myers disagreed so I made the offer.. I'm going to watch and find out like everybody else...I hope UConn wins by 50..
Now see this is where you get confused. We weren't talking about UCF being a tougher opponent. We were talking about their (UCF and USF) comparative offenses....in relation to UCONN's defense.

You replied to ABCDFE's post
Our defense is coming along. If we can keep up this intensity and deny type defense we have a real shot in any game

With

don't get too excited.....consider the competition......let's see if this good play continues in the next game against a better team

Implying UCF is a better offensive team than USF. And I was letting you know that IF they are, it is just barely. i.e. by comparing their offenses.

Then you went off on some tangent about MOV. Which doesn't have anything to do with UCONN's defense verses either offense. A better "wager" would have been if UCONN can keep UCF below 45 points and/or below 26.2% FG. Which I doubt it can, 2 games in a row. (although they have beaten UCF holding them to 34% and 41 pts in one game and 38% and 57 points in another. MOV was 33 and 36. Close even there. )

Which doesn't detract from ABCDFE's post that the defense is playing well and if they continue to play that well (defensively), they have a real shot in any game. And there is no reason to not be excited about that.

Reaction Score
Take it easy CB. I’m just trying to negotiate the point spread. So what are we talking about here? 50 large? 100 large? ;)

can't afford it............bet my daughter $20 she wouldn't ace a history test this morning and she won..............

Reaction Score
Congratulations. I’m sure you were hoping to lose the bet with your daughter.

I tried to get her to go double or nothing on an English test but she didn't fall for it....................

Reaction Score
Now see this is where you get confused. We weren't talking about UCF being a tougher opponent. We were talking about their (UCF and USF) comparative offenses....in relation to UCONN's defense.

You replied to ABCDFE's post
Our defense is coming along. If we can keep up this intensity and deny type defense we have a real shot in any game

With

don't get too excited.....consider the competition.let's see if this good play continues in the next game against a better team

Implying UCF is a better offensive team than USF. And I was letting you know that IF they are, it is just barely. i.e. by comparing their offenses.

Then you went off on some tangent about MOV. Which doesn't have anything to do with UCONN's defense verses either offense. A better "wager" would have been if UCONN can keep UCF below 45 points and/or below 26.2% FG. Which I doubt it can, 2 games in a row. (although they have beaten UCF holding them to 34% and 41 pts in one game and 38% and 57 points in another. MOV was 33 and 36. Close even there. )

Which doesn't detract from ABCDFE's post that the defense is playing well and if they continue to play that well (defensively), they have a real shot in any game. And there is no reason to not be excited about that.

didn't mean to confuse............my comment was meant to address UConn's play in general, not just on defense.................

Reaction Score
I’ll bet it’s 20 or more. Want to take that wager?

ha...........I would have been pretty ticked off if I had bet you..................so as I suspected the MOV was less then against USF, I dodged a losing bet and UConn won their championship........................all in all a good night

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
ha......I would have been pretty ticked off if I had bet you...so as I suspected the MOV was less then against USF, I dodged a losing bet and UConn won their championship....all in all a good night
CB. I was counting all the money I would have made. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom