USF postgame | Page 2 | The Boneyard

USF postgame

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
if you go back and look at her high school videos, ONO can shoot accurately all the way out to the three point line, has a nice mid range game and can handle the ball like a forward......she has really just shown us the tip of the iceberg offensively......I expect Geno will be pushing her to be much more dominant on the scoring end of the court next season...there's no reason she can't average 12-14 points a game as a sophomore...

Agreed. We know she can get 10 rebounds + every game. If she can get just 2 baskets each quarter, there’s your 12 points. She should be able to get at least 1 put back a quarter. She should have 4-5 offensive rebounds a game.

She’s still “feeling” her way around and is beginning to settle in. Next year, no touchy-feely. The training wheels will be off, and she’ll know exactly what she is supposed to do on BOTH ends of the court. Time spent in the weight room may also be evident next season. We all hated to see Lou go down, but this is a blessing in disguise. Lou's absence from the lineup opens the door for ONO to get starter's minutes. 31 last night, 36 the night before. The experience and confidence she's gaining during the conference tournament will serve her well in the NCAA tournament.

If you like ONO this season, you’ll love her next year. There’s still room left on her bandwagon. Climb aboard. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Our defense is coming along. If we can keep up this intensity and deny type defense we have a real shot in any game and.m now with Olivia guards can take a little more chances and pheesa can run the floor knowing ONO can get the rebounds. Everyone seems to be playing with a confidence now that I haven’t seen all year (including bench)

Reaction Score
Our defense is coming along. If we can keep up this intensity and deny type defense we have a real shot in any game and.m now with Olivia guards can take a little more chances and pheesa can run the floor knowing ONO can get the rebounds. Everyone seems to be playing with a confidence now that I haven’t seen all year (including bench)

don't get too excited...............consider the competition................let's see if this good play continues in the next game against a better team..............

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
That blow-by layup seemed right out of Collier’s playbook. Hopefully ONO and/or CW have a freshman Breanna Stewart-esque NCAAT and become the stars they clearly can be.

Feels different...Collier is a forward (woman's game) ; she does do blowbys but there is always or mostly an element of finesse.

This was a pro-type (men) power forward move. If she's hitting from the outside and 3 or 4 times a game turns around and smashes her way in...It's irresistible and hugely effective...

Just as it will be when her classmate dances inside and learns to find the cutter streaming in.

They may yet score a heap-load of points next season.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Feels different...Collier is a forward (woman's game) ; she does do blowbys but there is always or mostly an element of finesse.

This was a pro-type (men) power forward move. If she's hitting from the outside and 3 or 4 times a game turns around and smashes her way in...It's irresistible and hugely effective...

Just as it will be when her classmate dances inside and learns to find the cutter streaming in.

They may yet score a heap-load of points next season.
You are getting awfully optimistic lately about next year's team. Have you had occasion yet to revise your view about Geno's methods for developing talent?

Last edited:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Have you had occasion yet to revise our view about Geno's methods for developing talent?

Who is the "our" you are referring to, pray tell?

Reaction Score
don't get too excited.....consider the competition......let's see if this good play continues in the next game against a better team....
I agree with both of you. The UCF game will really show where their mental toughness, intensity and offensive consistency is going into the tournament.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Agree on Liv’s game. I would also suggest that the two plays that really got me excited, was Liv knocking down a pretty mid-range jumper from 15’, and blowing by her defender for a left-handed layup. She really does have very nice shooting technique, and she can put the ball on the floor as well. As she gains confidence, I expect to see a lot more from Liv on offense.
Liv has shown the jumper and the drive this season, just not very often. She needs to continue them. I'm expecting a Skyhook for next season. :D

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
UPDATE - Sunday March 10 - The Samuelson & Collier watch as they try to pass #3 Tina Charles (2346) on the UConn career scoring list.

They were ranked #4 (Lou) and #5 (Pheesa) on the career scoring list through the Houston game.

Saturday (post ECU) - Lou DNP remains at 2259 career points. Needs 88 pts needed to pass Charles.
Saturday (post ECU) - Collier 2214+37 = 2251 career points. Needs 95 pts needed to pass Charles.

Sunday (post USF) - Lou DNP remains at 2259 career points. Needs 88 pts needed to pass Charles.
Sunday (post USF) - Collier 2251+23 = 2274 career points. 73 pts needed to pass Charles.

Collier DID pass Lou in the first quarter of the USF game in career points. Collier is now in 4th place. She can catch Charles. I think Lou has missed too many games to catch Charles now.

I predict Collier will finish #3, Charles drops to 4th and Lou stays at #5. Collier needs to average 24 pts over the next 3 games to pass Charles. Only 18.2 ppg over 4 games to pass Charles. I expect Collier to finish the tournament strong with a 23/12 performance against UCF, and lead the Huskies to victory and the conference championship.

The blueprint for today's game will not change. Take the best shot possible, score, play good defense, make stops, get rebounds and limit UCF to one shot per possession...............and NO FOULS!! ONO scores in double figures tomorrow night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Thanks for the update Scoop. If we reach the semis that’s 5 more games and 18ppg would put Lou ahead of Tina. I think both of these things happen and I’m hoping for even more.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Petit Larceny???? That creates giggle time. Amusing, funny, great words toward the ringing Crystal.
A repeat offender:

56c3426f9a79b.image.jpg

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
don't get too excited.....consider the competition......let's see if this good play continues in the next game against a better team....
Ah, there's the voice of negativity we all know.

AND although UCF is better defensively than USF, they are only slightly better offensively.

UCF
41.9% FG
31.1% 3pt FG
62.2 ppg

USF
37.9% FG
30.3% 3pt FG
62.3 ppg

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

AND although UCF is better defensively than USF, they are only slightly better offensively.

UCF
41.9% FG
31.1% 3pt FG
62.2 ppg

USF
37.9% FG
30.3% 3pt FG
62.3 ppg
I honestly believe USF is a better offensive team than UCF at this point in the season. UCF’s numbers are skewed somewhat because they get more transition baskets off turnovers and USF spent a good part of their season trying to right the ship after losing numerous players to injury. The last time the two teams met, UCF won a nail biter at home 66-63.

Reaction Score

UCF
41.9% FG
31.1% 3pt FG
62.2 ppg

USF
37.9% FG
30.3% 3pt FG
62.3 ppg

Perhaps a more realistic view? Defense kind of counts doesn't it? I'll bet ya the MOV for the UCF game is smaller then the USF game................want to take that wager?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
well defense kind of counts doesn't it? I'll bet ya the MOV for the UCF game is smaller then the USF game......want to take that wager?
I’ll bet it’s 20 or more. Want to take that wager?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Perhaps a more realistic view? Defense kind of counts doesn't it? I'll bet ya the MOV for the UCF game is smaller then the USF game......want to take that wager?
Are those goalposts heavy?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom