- Nov 15, 2016
Some thoughts on the USF game:
- UConn starts another game just a little slow on offense, but the Husky defense smothers USF until the offense settles down and takes over. The Huskies held the Bulls to 8 pts in the 1st qtr and then followed it up by holding them to 6 pts in the 2nd qtr. UConn forced 15 to’s in the first half, holding USF to 13% shooting. Simply amazing.
- It seems like an eternity, but only a few weeks back USF was beating UConn at the half. Tonight, the game was all but over by the end of the 1st qtr, against one of the better teams in the conference. I know, the AAC isn’t that strong. But the relative improvement of the Huskies over a three-week period is stunning.
- Liv does a lot of things really well, but one of the things she doesn’t get nearly enough credit for is her ability to pass the ball. She has become an outstanding passer, particularly in tight quarters dropping pinpoint interior dimes.
- Megan also does a lot of things really well, but the one thing I love about Meg is her ability to go up in a crowd for a rebound and come down with the ball. At 6’1” Megan goes after a defensive rebound like a hawk after a pigeon.
- UConn once again ran a 7-player rotation when it counted, with solid contributions from everyone. There is nothing more enjoyable to me personally than watching the Huskies play the game of basketball with exuberance and pure joy, like I observed tonight.
- Finally, I decided that I don’t give a damn where UConn ends up, and who else is in their bracket. The last thing SC, Baylor or Oregon wants is to have to face the Huskies again to get to the FF. BRING IT ON!!!