USF Postgame Thread [merged thread] | Page 4 | The Boneyard

USF Postgame Thread [merged thread]

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Sorry, not at that time in the game! That decides their tourney fate. I despise UCF's style, but it was no time for a makeup call, especially when UCF was already called for 24 fouls!
Don’t know that was a makeup call. At first it looked like a trip to me until seeing the replay in slow motion. IMO, the ref who whistled the foul just assumed UCF committed a foul, because that’s the way they play the game. Essentially, UCF was a victim of their own rough style of play.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
UCF cleanly stole the ball down by 3 with 50 seconds left & was going in for an uncontested layup when a ref away from the ball called a phantom foul. That 4 point swing sealed the game & probably knocked them out of the tournament.
Wright hit the forearm of the Cincy player, not the ball. It was the correct call.

Reaction Score
Wright hit the forearm of the Cincy player, not the ball. It was the correct call.
Wow! I guess all three of the ESPN announcers at the game were wrong. They were livid about the call, especially after watching the replay. And the ref near the play thought it was clean too.

Reaction Score
Don’t know that was a makeup call. At first it looked like a trip to me until seeing the replay in slow motion. IMO, the ref who whistled the foul just assumed UCF committed a foul, because that’s the way they play the game. Essentially, UCF was a victim of their own rough style of play.
I personally am happy not to play UCF because of their rough style. I just didn't like the late call from the ref away from the play.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Wow! I guess all three of the ESPN announcers at the game were wrong. They were livid about the call, especially after watching the replay. And the ref near the play thought it was clean too.
Wow, you interviewed the ref? The ball was never touched by Wright, so how did it go flying like it did?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I personally am happy not to play UCF because of their rough style. I just didn't like the late call from the ref away from the play.
The problem with a UCF game, is that unlike a well played basketball game, where the refs let the two teams play, the Knights constantly push the envelope and play rougher and more physical until the refs start blowing their whistles all the time. When UCF is hacking someone on every play, it can be difficult for referees to determine the real fouls from the no-calls.

Reaction Score
I'm not a doctor, but that didn't look good. Kayla may be done for the year. She landed hard on her elbow. :(
I hope she's OK, and it looked worse than it was.
Sigh... I had a radial fracture in my elbow with floating bone and lost a lot of my range of motion. I hope that’s not the case for her as I thought she mentioned trying to play in Europe. Prayers it’s not broken.

Reaction Score
USF isn't UCF. There was no intent to push or hurt anyone. A bunch of players went up for a rebound and Kyla lost her balance. I feel terrible for her, but let's not imply that her injury was the result of a dirty play.
You are right on point Oldude. It looked like one of the old "Y" injuries we used to get when bodies were flying every which way and you try to go right and wind up going left and boom, down. I hope that it is not serious but it looked like she attempted to put the hand out to prevent her landing on the head and her elbow absorbed the shock.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Ah Hoops, they might be physical but they are not "dirty". And there was definitely nothing intentional in that play. It's one of those plays that happens a few times every year to a team and, unfortunately, it happened to Kyla. Let's just hope that it doesn't end her season.
I think Hoops is talking about UCF. This thread has cross-currented the UCF-Cincy game with the USF-UConn game.

Reaction Score
I turned on my tv this afternoon to watch the game between USF and Uconn but somehow I got a preview of teams who might play in the tournament along with a tribute to the Oregon basketball team and one of their players named Sabrina.

Reaction Score
They did seem to pay more attention to her than usual but she sti Ed team in assists and woud have had several more had it not been for godawful shooting. My concern is the 3 pointer she had was contested, roving she can make it, but and she once again she frequently passed up taking the shot herself. Meg scores a
lot partly because she shoots a lot. The problem with the game is UConn barely needed to break a sweat.
Yea, this was one of our easier games. It seemed like every time USF had the ball they turned it over. Now you have to ask yourself the question - was that because our defense has progressed that much or is USF a really bad team. I think I'll go with the improved defense. Jose usually puts a very good team on the floor and they were on the bubble before this game.

Reaction Score
Ah Hoops, they might be physical but they are not "dirty". And there was definitely nothing intentional in that play. It's one of those plays that happens a few times every year to a team and, unfortunately, it happened to Kyla. Let's just hope that it doesn't end her season.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh sorry.

You are talking about the play..... I thought you were talking two separate things when you 1st replied to me.

Oldude is right. I was talking about the nature of UCF's play. Not the Kyla/USF play.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
No one in Connecticut cares. It's not even the lead story in the news. Our lead story is usually some kind of pedestrian vs. car story. I guess that's how you know you live in a quiet state. Went to the grocery store this afternoon and it was dead, shelves full, plenty of soap and toilet paper available, and this was in Stamford, you know in the largest most densely populated metro area in the nation. So glad to live in a part of the country where the sky isn't always falling and the end days near every week.
But you did have a huge fire in Hartford today or last night. I saw it on the news. Believe me, if those in charge don't do something to slow the virus, people in Connecticut will start caring and start talking about it and shelves will not be full, especially hand sanitizer.

Reaction Score
Evelyn becomes much more important for UConn going forward. Nice to see her get some solid minutes today.

I thought she looked pretty darn good yesterday. She certainly was motoring up and down the court. Good for you Ev, keep it up!

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Does anyone else see the irony with UCF getting dropped and BC getting added to the NCAAT ?
For those with smartphones and tablets, the Big East final between Marquette (Meg Duffy of ND Fame) and DePaul is on FS1 at 8 pm

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I saw the interior of the Mohegan Sun. It is beautiful. What kind of venue is it besides being a place to play basketball?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom