USF Postgame Thread [merged thread] | Page 3 | The Boneyard

USF Postgame Thread [merged thread]

Reaction Score
UCF has blown a big lead & Cincinnati leads by 4 starting the 4th quarter. A loss by UCF could knock them out of the tournament & UCONN would be the only AAC team in the tourney. It would also lower UCONN's strength of schedule & the selection committee can use that excuse to send the Huskies to Portland.

Reaction Score
UCF has blown a big lead & Cincinnati leads by 4 starting the 4th quarter. A loss by UCF could knock them out of the tournament & UCONN would be the only AAC team in the tourney. It would also lower UCONN's strength of schedule & the selection committee can use that excuse to send the Huskies to Portland.
IMO they're going to send us to Portland anyway. At least if Cincy wins, it greatly reduces the possibility of injuries, from UCF.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
Four field goal attempts from Anna is too few. She had open looks from the perimeter and at least three openings within 17' for pull-ups. I applaud her willingness and ability to hit open team-mates but she can make them even more open by making herself a more dangerous scorer, drawing attention from the defense.

Reaction Score
Four field goal attempts from Anna is too few. She had open looks from the perimeter and at least three openings within 17' for pull-ups. I applaud her willingness and ability to hit open team-mates but she can make them even more open by making herself a more dangerous scorer, drawing attention from the defense.
If you ask me, it almost looked like she 'purposely' drove to attract everyone to her, judt so she could 'dish' it to the perimeter.

Reaction Score
IMO they're going to send us to Portland anyway. At least if Cincy wins, it greatly reduces the possibility of injuries, from UCF.
You're not kidding. UCF is wiping out a Cincinnati player on every possession. They may not be dirty, but they are very reckless!

Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the USF game:
  • The 41 point win was great, but seeing Kyla in pain after her fall, along with her mom in the stands watching, removed much of the enjoyment of today’s game. Hopefully, her injury is not nearly as bad as it looked. If Kyla is out, Evelyn becomes much more important for UConn going forward. Nice to see her get some solid minutes today.
  • UConn’s came out with outstanding energy on defense. Liv and her teammates were incredibly active shutting down everything USF tried to do. The Huskies also moved the ball pretty well offensively, but missed a bundle of open looks throughout the game. I guess when you hold an opponent to 22 points, 15% shooting & 17 turnovers through 3 quarters, it doesn’t really matter how well you shoot the ball.
  • When the Huskies struggle shooting the ball, I wouldn’t mind seeing them attempt to pound the ball inside a little more to Liv. Her post up game continues to get better and better.
  • STOP THE PRESSES. Aubrey knocked down a 15’ jumper. Somewhere, I’m sure Jingo was yelling, “NOW THAT’S WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT!”
  • When Megan takes off on one of her end-to-end drives, I can almost hear the freight train whistle blowing. Never step on the tracks in front of the oncoming train.
  • Molly's two threes from NBA range were pretty cool.
  • As for ESPN, I could have done with a whole lot less Charlie Crème and a lot more Sue Bird.
That's eggzackly what I said to my daughters!!! hahaha

Reaction Score
When she gets past the defender on a drive move she has to go in to the basket and shoot. Otherwise, why play her tight on the drives?

Reaction Score
ESPN is trying so hard to come up with reasons why UConn shouldn't get that last number one seed. They are bending themselves into a pretzel with some of their excuses. It seems like records don't matter this year, and a loss now doesn't impact rankings for seeding. I mean how does he still have Louisville ahead of UConn? At the very worst UConn should be #5 overall.
Louisville did beat Oregon...

Reaction Score
We play Cincinnati tomorrow night. Jamelle Elliott must have mixed emotions!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Something to do about some kind of virus that is in the news :rolleyes:
You may be kidding but with all this talk about next season's team, I would not be surprised if next season is cancelled because of the virus. There are many things shutting down, camps being cancelled, flights being cancelled and many other things disrupting our normal way of life. Some sporting contest are not allowing spectators and with no spectators how can schools or pro teams make money. This could turn out to be a lot more serious than many people are thinking.

Reaction Score
UCF cleanly stole the ball down by 3 with 50 seconds left & was going in for an uncontested layup when a ref away from the ball called a phantom foul. That 4 point swing sealed the game & probably knocked them out of the tournament.

Reaction Score
You may be kidding but with all this talk about next season's team, I would not be surprised if next season is cancelled because of the virus. There are many things shutting down, camps being cancelled, flights being cancelled and many other things disrupting our normal way of life. Some sporting contest are not allowing spectators and with no spectators how can schools or pro teams make money. This could turn out to be a lot more serious than many people are thinking.
No one in Connecticut cares. It's not even the lead story in the news. Our lead story is usually some kind of pedestrian vs. car story. I guess that's how you know you live in a quiet state. Went to the grocery store this afternoon and it was dead, shelves full, plenty of soap and toilet paper available, and this was in Stamford, you know in the largest most densely populated metro area in the nation. So glad to live in a part of the country where the sky isn't always falling and the end days near every week.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
UCF cleanly stole the ball down by 3 with 50 seconds left & was going in for an uncontested layup when a ref away from the ball called a phantom foul. That 4 point swing sealed the game & probably knocked them out of the tournament.
Here’s how I look at that play. All season long, UCF gets away with more body checks, hand slaps and trips than any team I’ve seen, because the refs can’t possibly call every single foul the Knights commit. So on that play, it was poetic justice that UCF got bounced from the tournament on a phantom foul call.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I was being sarcastic in response to this post:

Why would the tournament get canceled?

Reaction Score
Here’s how I look at that play. All season long, UCF gets away with more body checks, hand slaps and trips than any team I’ve seen, because the refs can’t possibly call every single foul the Knights commit. So on that play, it was poetic justice that UCF got bounced from the tournament on a phantom foul call.
Sorry, not at that time in the game! That decides their tourney fate. I despise UCF's style, but it was no time for a makeup call, especially when UCF was already called for 24 fouls!

Reaction Score
Not sure if I agree [poetic justice] or not .. a tough one .. eh? But if it's to be, i am glad that we don't have to play UCF with their style of play right before the Big Dance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom