USF Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

USF Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
They are well-coached and get up for UConn. Not that big of a mystery.

Doesn't mean UConn has to take such poor shots and make such bad decisions. Let SF play their hair is on fire; no reason to join them in that frenzy.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Typical USF game. They always play us tough.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Agreed. Not sure what it is about USF that seems to unhinge UCONN and they play uncharacteristic. I want to say it's because USF is so good, but they constantly stay ranked in the 20-25 range with mystifying losses. Yet against UCONN they look like a FF team...
USF is a good shooting team and they take, and make, good shots. This year they have Laksa, previously there was another foreign player that hit 3s at a ridiculous pace. As Peck has said (ad nauseum) you need to make shots to have a chance to beat UConn. Usually the Huskies can fluster teams into rushed shots but the Bulls are well coached and don't fluster.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Well, I guess there's still Stewart, Tuck, Williams & Chong
Chong hasn't played yet. Neither has Butler or Ekmark. Doesn't look like Geno has confidence in them in big games.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I've only seen USF a half-dozen times or so, but it seems that Ferreira takes enough quick (or bad) shots to keep any opponent around. There must be something about her that I'm failing to credit. She gets a lot of minutes.

I was amused at the game opening when a USF player was said to be from "Lisbon, Spain."

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Not at full speed for her and her lateral movement is still not fully back to her ususal blinding speed.

I don't see it. She missed one game that she would've played had the game been important. And that game was 5 days ago.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Another sh&tty half of basketball by this team coming off the Houston Game. What's with the love of the 3 point shot instead of running offense. KLS should not be guarding Courtney as frequently as she did in the 1st half. I'd rather see Geno go with his bigs of Stewart, Morgan and Butler to go with Moriah and Ki at guard. Get the ball to the low post and score easy baskets.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Why no Chong? Can't be that Geno has "no confidence" in her as she has played terrific lately and can't be any worse than Jefferson has been in the 1st half...

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Typical USF game. They always play us tough.

UConn had SF blown out all three times by halftime last year. SF had two nice second halves after the games were decided. This game is nothing like those so far.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
UConn shots have not been falling lately. Some is due to USF, but lots are just shots that normally fall are not falling.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I don't see it. She missed one game that she would've played had the game been important. And that game was 5 days ago.

I disagree. Did you see the last game? She was really affected in that game. Have to wonder if she would have sat if Tuck didn't.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
You have choices of "game action"/"shots"/"game Flow" on the left window.
Yes, I use gametracker all the time since I am out of the country. I just could not find it today for some reason. Got it now and thanks.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The Huskies' offensive rebounding is...non-existant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom