USF GAME THREAD | Page 15 | The Boneyard

USF GAME THREAD

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Last nights game was pretty and Amazing. I thought we killed them at XL but the first 3 quarters last night was pretty special.

This was the uconn A plus game. KLS was unbelievable, words can't explain. Why would Geno take her out??!!?!? Let the girl break the record!! At least let her miss a shot! IMO she has the scoring record with 40 in under 3 quarters!

I hope Geno gives Kia some time off and a ton of treatment to truly get better.

On to Bridgeport!!

The medical staff has two weeks to give her additional rehab treatments if in fact she is still having problems with her ankle. Rest and treatment can have her ready to go by the first game, which they won;t need her for. They'll be playing the weakest team to make the tournament. A #16 seed that's just happy to make the tournament. They re going to need Kia before s tournament .

Reaction Score
In his rookie year in the NBA, their was another rookie who was killing Collins in practice. Outplayed him in constantly. So, he demanded that he should be paid as much as Collins. However, Collins was their "Golden Boy" and no way were the higher ups of the team, I believe it was Philadelphia, going to let someone take the spotlight away from Collins. I believe the first name of the other was Dwight. Philly put him on the inactive list and would not allow him to play for any other team, effectively ending his career. That was not unusual in those days.

The player that you're referring to was Raymond Lewis, a genuine streetball legend out of L.A. Google him, you'll find a lot. Watch the short documentary, then read a major story that Sports Illustrated did on him:

A Legend Searching for His Past

Reaction Score
If I'm reading page 2 of the record book correctly, it looks like the record is 14 (at least within a single season).
While you're at it, would love to know what the UConn record is for the number of 3's by the entire team during one game. Last night we had 16. :D

Reaction Score
Last nights game was pretty and Amazing. I thought we killed them at XL but the first 3 quarters last night was pretty special.

This was the uconn A plus game. KLS was unbelievable, words can't explain. Why would Geno take her out??!!?!? Let the girl break the record!! At least let her miss a shot! IMO she has the scoring record with 40 in under 3 quarters!

I hope Geno gives Kia some time off and a ton of treatment to truly get better.

On to Bridgeport!!
You can be sure that Geno and the staff are going to make smart decisions to insure Kia is at her potential best when the NCAA tournament starts. She is a key element in the potential success of their title pursuit. We don't need this thin lineup getting any thinner and no one knows that better than the coaches. Conversely, they do need to insure she's in game shape so she can contribute at a high level.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
In his rookie year in the NBA, their was another rookie who was killing Collins in practice. Outplayed him in constantly. So, he demanded that he should be paid as much as Collins. However, Collins was their "Golden Boy" and no way were the higher ups of the team, I believe it was Philadelphia, going to let someone take the spotlight away from Collins. I believe the first name of the other was Dwight. Philly put him on the inactive list and would not allow him to play for any other team, effectively ending his career. That was not unusual in those days.

Can you cite a source for this info? I would like to ask Doug about it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom