USC vs UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

USC vs UConn

Reaction Score
No. When 2 Big East teams play, the league owns the TV rights but out of conference games belong to the school. You might remember that ESPN usually tells, say, UConn and South Carolina the date and time to play. Neither the Big East or the SEC have any say nor do either one of them get paid.
When SCar plays at home, ESPN OWNS THE RIGHTS as it does with all SEC teams. When SCar plays on the road, the home team ( or its conference) owns the right, depends on the home team’s deal with it’s conference and network,

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
@MSGRET @Huskies990411 I was answering a question about Big East media rights. My point isn’t about ESPN, it’s that the league doesn’t own out of conference game media rights and can’t schedule the game nor profit from it.
Not entirely true, the media rights to all Big East home games, be it conference or not belong to FOX. Any games that they or their affiliates such as FS1 and FS2 wish to broadcast they have first dibs. Under the same agreement CBS Sports has the next right to broadcast up to two games per team. Then the remaining games are allotted to teams that have television contracts such as SNY. Those games broadcasted by the teams television contract may also be streamed by FOX affiliates, i.e. FS1 or FS2. UConn home games are at Gampel or the XL, any other site is considered a neutral court and the rights depend on if it is a sponsored game such as the HOF Classic or this years NCAA Women's Championship Classic.

Reaction Score
Great also for UConn visibility and recruiting on the west coast. UCLA already on schedule so while out west for the USC matchup why not try to slot in another game with a west coast school - Stanford? Washington? Gonzaga? Oregon State? Or move a bit further east for Utah, Arizona.
Play against GONZAGA, the "ZAGS", and meet up again with INES Bettencourt!

Reaction Score
Not entirely true, the media rights to all Big East home games, be it conference or not belong to FOX. Any games that they or their affiliates such as FS1 and FS2 wish to broadcast they have first dibs. Under the same agreement CBS Sports has the next right to broadcast up to two games per team. Then the remaining games are allotted to teams that have television contracts such as SNY. Those games broadcasted by the teams television contract may also be streamed by FOX affiliates, i.e. FS1 or FS2. UConn home games are at Gampel or the XL, any other site is considered a neutral court and the rights depend on if it is a sponsored game such as the HOF Classic or this years NCAA Women's Championship Classic.
This is along the lines of what I was getting at too, but much more specific. Thanks MSGRET!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom