USC Gamecocks 2024-25 Season: Part Two | Page 5 | The Boneyard

USC Gamecocks 2024-25 Season: Part Two

Reaction Score
So that's what you picked up from that 30 seconds?
I’ve never really been her biggest fan (Staley) to begin with, but we will see how things play out on the legal side. I went back through some recent articles and I hope Watkins is found not guilty but I still think that even putting yourself in a position to be in trouble with the law as a student athlete is a little sketchy. If this was Geno they’d be gone, it wouldn’t be oh come back to the team. Like I said though, I hope she is able to clear the charges.

Reaction Score
Moderator: The people discussing the case that shall remain nameless are not South Carolina fans.
They are visitors on our particular fan thread,;talking about something that we agreed at your request to not talk about .

Please don’t delete our thread. Visitors please do not discuss this case on this fan thread.

Reaction Score
Yall good down there?
It's chaos. I finally just got cellular service back like five minutes ago (and one of the first things I do is check the Boneyard...priorities :p) We've been without power, Internet or cellular service since the hurricane hit. I'm still without power and I hear it may be this way for the next few days at a minimum in my area and maybe even longer in the rural areas. Pretty much on every block there are fallen trees (and a couple on houses) and powelines on the ground. Thankfully I haven't heard of anyone getting injured or killed in my area. Last I heard, there's about 50,000 houses without power just in my area (city of Aiken). It was about 80,000 two days ago, so they're slowly working on it. The issue is that they need to clear out the fallen trees so that the utility workers can get to the lines. They've called in the national guard to help clear out the debris. Gas stations are out of fuel and the grocery stores and hardware stores have been raided. I was waiting about an hour in line this morning to fill up a chest full of ice so that I could save the food I have in my freezer and fridge.

Anyways, I'm running on my phone battery without a way to charge so I am going to try and reserve my battery as much as possible. I'll see y'all when I get my power restored.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's chaos. I finally just got cellular service back like five minutes ago (and one of the first things I do is check the Boneyard...priorities :p) We've been without power, Internet or cellular service since the hurricane hit. I'm still without power and I hear it may be this way for the next few days at a minimum in my area and maybe even longer in the rural areas. Pretty much on every block there are fallen trees (and a couple on houses) and powelines on the ground. Thankfully I haven't heard of anyone getting injured or killed in my area. Last I heard, there's about 50,000 houses without power just in my area (city of Aiken). It was about 80,000 two days ago, so they're slowly working on it. The issue is that they need to clear out the fallen trees so that the utility workers can get to the lines. They've called in the national guard to help clear out the debris. Gas stations are out of fuel and the grocery stores and hardware stores have been raided. I was waiting about an hour in line this morning to fill up a chest full of ice so that I could save the food I have in my freezer and fridge.

Anyways, I'm running on my phone battery without a way to charge so I am going to try and reserve my battery as much as possible. I'll see y'all when I get my power restored.
I’m in South Georgia near where Helene made landfall. Fortunately. She passed to our East so we were spared. ( we were devastated by Hurricane Michael five years age and two tornados a year before that).

Charge your phone in your car. I keep a powerful battery charger in my car and can get numerous charges even if I run out of gas - which doesn’t happen because I always fill up when a hurricane is near the Florida Panhandle

Reaction Score
I’m in South Georgia near where Helene made landfall. Fortunately. She passed to our East so we were spared. ( we were devastated by Hurricane Michael five years age and two tornados a year before that).

Charge your phone in your car. I keep a powerful battery charger in my car and can get numerous charges even if I run out of gas - which doesn’t happen because I always fill up when a hurricane is near the Florida Panhandle
Yeah, I charge my phone in my car when I can but there isn't much gas to be found around here so I conserve as much as I can.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I charge my phone in my car when I can but there isn't much gas to be found around here so I conserve as much as I can.
Will your phone charge when the car is not running?Not all cars will. The reduction of the one charge on your car’s battery with the engine off is pretty small

Reaction Score
Its only water.
And snakes, and fallen trees and downed power lines, and no air conditioning and no refrigeration and no drinkable water if your treatment plant flooded. Oh, and if sewer treatment plant flooded / yuck. No cash because the banks are closed. If the convenience stores are even open, they don’t take cards because no electricity - even if gas has been delivered . Lowes and Home Depot are out of tarps to cover your roof oh and plywood?

But it’s just water,

Reaction Score
Well, life is starting to return to normal for me but I can't say the same for the people around me. My Internet was just restored today but there is a lot of damage to the surrounding infrastructure and lots of destroyed houses from fallen trees that will take years to get construction crews to fix it all. About 40% of the people in my area still do not have power and I'm hearing it could be another week for the Augusta/North Augusta area. My sister lives in North Augusta and her kids are staying with me since I am the only person in the family with electricity. It's still hard to find gas, and waiting for gas could take hours as most gas stations have 100 car lines, so I'm just not leaving my house. Thankfully I have running water but that isn't the case for everyone.

I feel like everyone around here has a story. For me, my house didn't get hit bad but we couldn't leave the neighborhood for almost 36 hours because multiple trees were blocking all exiting roads. It was also a nightmare trying to support my neighbor who lives alone with cancer and requires an oxygen tank to live. Ambulances couldn't get to the neighborhood to bring her to the hospital so I was running around the neighborhood looking for someone to spare their generator. Someone actually told me no because they had $1500 worth of meat in their freezer that they didn't want to spoil, but someone else finally found a person who could help her and they ended up taking her in and hooking her oxygen machine up to their generator.

Reaction Score
Well, life is starting to return to normal for me but I can't say the same for the people around me. My Internet was just restored today but there is a lot of damage to the surrounding infrastructure and lots of destroyed houses from fallen trees that will take years to get construction crews to fix it all. About 40% of the people in my area still do not have power and I'm hearing it could be another week for the Augusta/North Augusta area. My sister lives in North Augusta and her kids are staying with me since I am the only person in the family with electricity. It's still hard to find gas, and waiting for gas could take hours as most gas stations have 100 car lines, so I'm just not leaving my house. Thankfully I have running water but that isn't the case for everyone.

I feel like everyone around here has a story. For me, my house didn't get hit bad but we couldn't leave the neighborhood for almost 36 hours because multiple trees were blocking all exiting roads. It was also a nightmare trying to support my neighbor who lives alone with cancer and requires an oxygen tank to live. Ambulances couldn't get to the neighborhood to bring her to the hospital so I was running around the neighborhood looking for someone to spare their generator. Someone actually told me no because they had $1500 worth of meat in their freezer that they didn't want to spoil, but someone else finally found a person who could help her and they ended up taking her in and hooking her oxygen machine up to their generator.
This breaks my heart. So glad someone was able to help out. I don't know how I'd react if I were in your shoes.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Its only water.

Every year I take a few trips up to the NC mountains for the beauty and charming small towns. Last year on the way back home I decided to take a detour through one of my favorite places (Chimney Rock and Lake Lure) to show my friend the area. She sent me a message a few days ago thanking me for taking her to Chimney Rock before it was destroyed. :(

FB_IMG_1727658677518.jpg

Only water indeed.

Reaction Score

Not much talk from anyone about the summer Feagin had and how she’s prepped to have a huge year for SC. She just won Gold and MVP at 3x3 and Coach recently spoke about how she’s been playing to not only win now but make it to the next level. I think she will have a big year and possibly be drafted first round. Thoughts?

Reaction Score
[Not much talk from anyone about the summer Feagin had and how she’s prepped to have a huge year for SC. She just won Gold and MVP at 3x3 and Coach recently spoke about how she’s been playing to not only win now but make it to the next level. I think she will have a big year and possibly be drafted first round. Thoughts?
Saniah looked really good this summer. I’d expect to see incremental improvement this season. She also looks like a good draft prospect at her size and quickness. The W looks for players like her. I hope Dawn’s encouragement works its magic on her.

Reaction Score
Saniah looked really good this summer. I’d expect to see incremental improvement this season. She also looks like a good draft prospect at her size and quickness. The W looks for players like her. I hope Dawn’s encouragement works its magic on her.
She has the body and foundational skills to have a Nneka Ogwumike-like blossoming. She just needs more experience, more time in the film room and to be a better split-second decision maker. I'm hoping her 3x3 experience will help her speed up her decision making process.

Reaction Score
Every year I take a few trips up to the NC mountains for the beauty and charming small towns. Last year on the way back home I decided to take a detour through one of my favorite places (Chimney Rock and Lake Lure) to show my friend the area. She sent me a message a few days ago thanking me for taking her to Chimney Rock before it was destroyed. :(

View attachment 103905

Only water indeed.
Unless you've seen it first hand, it's hard to understand just how much power water has, especially with flash flooding in mountainous terrain where narrow valleys constrict the flow of water so that it moves very rapidly (now wide flood plains for rivers and streams to spread out in once they leave their banks). The Maryland FEMA USAR task force has a 45 member team working in the area of Asheville. I was not on the rotation for deployment for this mission, but I am seeing their daily reports. They worked for several days in Georgia doing large area searches and documenting damage before they were relocated to North Carolina to continue that mission and to utilize their swift water rescue resources. Just getting them to the area so they could go to work was quite a challenge with the destroyed roads in the area.

Reaction Score
She has the body and foundational skills to have a Nneka Ogwumike-like blossoming. She just needs more experience, more time in the film room and to be a better split-second decision maker. I'm hoping her 3x3 experience will help her speed up her decision making process.
She played really well in the NCAA tournament.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom