USC Gamecocks 2024-25 Season: Part Two | Page 2 | The Boneyard

USC Gamecocks 2024-25 Season: Part Two

Reaction Score
I think she has a medical redshirt year only for missing last season. She used that covid year in the 2020-21 season when she arrived on campus for the second semester.
Haven't heard that interpretation before. Wonder how many early enrollees this would affect if that's the case?

Reaction Score
I think it depends on whether they play in that early semester. Chloe Kitts did and I think it cost her a year. Jana el Alfy didn’t and I think she still has 4 years.

Reaction Score
I think it depends on whether they play in that early semester. Chloe Kitts did and I think it cost her a year. Jana el Alfy didn’t and I think she still has 4 years.
Their situation is different because the COVID year exception wasn't available when they did. What isn't clear is whether Miles has a COVID year in addition to her redshirt year when she enrolled early.

Reaction Score
Haven't heard that interpretation before. Wonder how many early enrollees this would affect if that's the case?
All of them? If early enrollees play in the second semester they use up that entire year of eligibility. That's why Miles and Von Oelhoffen arrived a semester early. Since that covid year was a free year to anyone starting in the 2020-2021 season.

So early enrollees like Kitts and Prosper moved up a class and are not getting an extra year like the covid year. (Although Prosper may apply for an extra year due to injury).

I'm fairly certain Miles has a medical year that she can use if she applies. Otherwise she's on track with her 2021 class to leave the college ranks this season.

Reaction Score
All of them? If early enrollees play in the second semester they use up that entire year of eligibility. That's why Miles and Von Oelhoffen arrived a semester early. Since that covid year was a free year to anyone starting in the 2020-2021 season.

So early enrollees like Kitts and Prosper moved up a class and are not getting an extra year like the covid year. (Although Prosper may apply for an extra year due to injury).

I'm fairly certain Miles has a medical year that she can use if she applies. Otherwise she's on track with her 2021 class to leave the college ranks this season.
The question about the COVID year was in response to a poster who is under the assumption that Miles will enter the draft this year as they're counting it as Year 5. It sounds like we're in agreement while having different interpretations as to when the COVID year comes into effect.

I look at the COVID year being after their four years have been completed, not their first year as you noted. I assumed this year is Miles' COVID year, similar to any 2020 athlete who opted to use it. Her redshirt year makes it possible for her to return for 2025-2026, giving her the option to have 2 seasons to get ready for the WNBA draft if she chooses to.

Reaction Score
However we think about it, Miles looks more pro-ready to me than Raven. She’s not the defender Raven is, but her offense is better and that tends to be valued more in the W. It sounds like either of them could enter the draft this year or next.

Reaction Score
However we think about it, Miles looks more pro-ready to me than Raven. She’s not the defender Raven is, but her offense is better and that tends to be valued more in the W. It sounds like either of them could enter the draft this year or next.
I actually think Miles’ defense is pretty good. Raven’s is better, but Dawn is a defensive coach and South Carolina has handily had the best defense in the nation the last three years. But I think I’d still consider Miles a plus defender at the guard spot.

WBBTakeover

10/18/2023
Reaction Score
I actually think Miles’ defense is pretty good. Raven’s is better, but Dawn is a defensive coach and South Carolina has handily had the best defense in the nation the last three years. But I think I’d still consider Miles a plus defender at the guard spot.
She is--I agree. She's not Hannah Hidalgo, but most aren't.

Amoore is a poor defender, IMO.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Dawn Staley will be the celebrity picker this Saturday on College Gameday.

Slim pickings this weekend if Gameday is going to Columbia. :confused:

Anyway, one of the hosts on Charlotte's biggest Sports Radio Shows predicted that Staley would be the picker.

Reaction Score
Feagin looks good! I thought she was the catalyst for the win in the second half of the Japan game.

McMahon at times looks amazing and at other times looks out of control. She reminds me of a train plowing through snow. :p

Reaction Score
Feagin looks good! I thought she was the catalyst for the win in the second half of the Japan game.

McMahon at times looks amazing and at other times looks out of control. She reminds me of a train plowing through snow. :p
Thanks. I don’t have time to watch. Is there a link to stats?

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
You guys see Coach Staley and the team on College Game Day this morning? I think she said the team is being honored at halftime.

Reaction Score

I tried to find some but only found these really basic tournament stats. I couldn't find individual game stats. Feagin is sitting at #33 overall in scoring (#2 scorer for USA). Most other teams have played 4 games, so she should rise in the stats once USA has played their fourth game.
She’s the top scorer for the team and #5 amongst all scorers. Had a really good game against New Zealand with 10 of her team’s 21. The other top scorers teams didn’t make it past prelims so technically she’s the top scorer remaining in the tournament, she can definitely win MVP if she keeps her play up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom