USBWA Women's All America Team | Page 3 | The Boneyard

USBWA Women's All America Team

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
you are entitled to your opinions .....
As are you, though yours are probably wrong and don't make as much sense.

P.S. An article from 2013 by Carl Adamec .... Strother honored to be part of Huskies of Honor

The fourth paragraph:
"But an overtime loss to Duke that denied the Huskies a berth in the 2006 NCAA Final Four — a game Strother struggled mightily in — and likely cost her a spot on the WBCA All-America team, the criteria for induction."
Doesn't discount anything I've posted.

You honestly believe if a player made 1st Team AP but somehow wasn't on the WBCA 10 person team, they wouldn't make the WOH??? Really??? Now that sounds pretty silly.

Reaction Score
You honestly believe if a player made 1st Team AP but somehow wasn't on the WBCA 10 person team, they wouldn't make the WOH?

Yes. I believe that WBCA is the criteria.... might the powers that be fudge that criteria if your scenario ever occurs? possibly .... but probably not under Geno's watch.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yes. I believe that WBCA is the criteria.... might the powers that be fudge that criteria if your scenario ever occurs? possibly .... but probably not under Geno's watch.
Well that's just silly.

Reaction Score
Well that's just silly.
obstinate: stubbornly refusing to change one's opinion or chosen course of action, despite attempts to persuade one to do so.

what was that Life of Brian scene:
LORETTA: It's every man's right to have babies if he wants them.
REG: But... you can't have babies.
LORETTA: Don't you oppress me.
REG: I'm not oppressing you, Stan. You haven't got a womb! Where's the fetus going to gestate?! You going to keep it in a box?!
LORETTA: crying
JUDITH: Here! I-- I've got an idea. Suppose you agree that he can't actually have babies, not having a womb, which is nobody's fault, not even the Romans', but that he can have the right to have babies.
FRANCIS: Good idea, Judith. We shall fight the oppressors for your right to have babies, brother. Sister. Sorry.
REG: What's the point?
FRANCIS: What?
REG: What's the point of fighting for his right to have babies when he can't have babies?!
FRANCIS: It is symbolic of our struggle against oppression.
REG: Symbolic of his struggle against reality.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
You are disagreeing with more people than just wbbfan1. The WBCA is the determining selection.
No, it’s not. The sole criterion is first team All American, any of the major lists. That means a list by the, say, Hartford Courant, wouldn’t qualify but the AP will. The WBCA is mentioned a lot in articles because Huskies that don’t make the AP first team can make the WBCA and still be on the WOH. That’s how Ann and Morgan Tuck made I

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
obstinate: stubbornly refusing to change one's opinion or chosen course of action, despite attempts to persuade one to do so.
Ok, you're obstinate. Better?

I did like like that movie though. :cool:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
No, it’s not. The sole criterion is first team All American, any of the major lists. That means a list by the, say, Hartford Courant, wouldn’t qualify but the AP will. The WBCA is mentioned a lot in articles because Huskies that don’t make the AP first team can make the WBCA and still be on the WOH. That’s how Ann and Morgan Tuck made I
Agree. Except Strother never made the Wall. She was HM on AP in 2005 and 2006 (Turner too)

Reaction Score

what was that Life of Brian scene:
LORETTA: It's every man's right to have babies if he wants them.
REG: But... you can't have babies.
LORETTA: Don't you oppress me.
REG: I'm not oppressing you, Stan. You haven't got a womb! Where's the fetus going to gestate?! You going to keep it in a box?!
LORETTA: crying
JUDITH: Here! I-- I've got an idea. Suppose you agree that he can't actually have babies, not having a womb, which is nobody's fault, not even the Romans', but that he can have the right to have babies.
FRANCIS: Good idea, Judith. We shall fight the oppressors for your right to have babies, brother. Sister. Sorry.
REG: What's the point?
FRANCIS: What?
REG: What's the point of fighting for his right to have babies when he can't have babies?!
FRANCIS: It is symbolic of our struggle against oppression.
REG: Symbolic of his struggle against reality.

CajunHusky- - - Obviously you cannot live with having someone with an opinion different from your own!
The above scene is totally unnecessary as each of us have the right to express OUR opinion!
Myers7 and I will believe what WE know to be the truth!
Have a super day!

Reaction Score
CajunHusky- - - Obviously you cannot live with having someone with an opinion different from your own!
The above scene is totally unnecessary as each of us have the right to express OUR opinion!
Myers7 and I will believe what WE know to be the truth!
Have a super day!
What on earth makes you think I believe you do not have a right to your opinion? I believe I stated very clearly Meyers7 had a right to his opinion and my opinion disagreed.

Now you are apparently using the argument that you are entitled to your opinion to say that I am not entitled to my opinion? Now that is just silly.

Reaction Score
Ann made the WOH as part of two National Champion teams that were inducted in 2013.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
In which universe is Texas in the same "region" as Connecticut? And Miami in the same "region" as South Bend? And others... :confused:
Regions are based on conference affiliation. The AAC and Big 12 have overlapping footprints. Miami and ND are in the same conference.

Reaction Score
Morgan Tuck Will Enter Huskies of Honor
From the UConn blog: "There's only one requirement to join the UConn Huskies women's basketball Huskies of Honor: to be named a WBCA All-American."

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Morgan Tuck Will Enter Huskies of Honor
From the UConn blog: "There's only one requirement to join the UConn Huskies women's basketball Huskies of Honor: to be named a WBCA All-American."
It’s a blog, not too the UConn official site. Not sure where he got that info

If you want to be really persnickety, the sole criterion for the women’s team is Geno’s say-so. I’d you go to the official site Huskies of Honor it says “top student athletes, coaches, and contributors “. There are men’s players up there that aren’t All Americans.

Reaction Score
It’s a blog, not too the UConn official site. Not sure where he got that info

If you want to be really persnickety, the sole criterion for the women’s team is Geno’s say-so. I’d you go to the official site Huskies of Honor it says “top student athletes, coaches, and contributors “. There are men’s players up there that aren’t All Americans.
[B]carl adamec[/B]‏ [B]@CarlAdamec[/B] 15h15 hours ago

Ten-player @wbca1981 All-America team announcement Thursday. @UConnWBB candidates: @PHEEsespieces @33katielou @CrystalD5_ Selection to #WBCA team THE criteria for induction into the Huskies of Honor. Lou (2017-18) and Napheesa (2017) were inducted March 2 as previous selections
0 replies3 retweets14 likes

Retweet

Reaction Score
Kara Wolters is listed by UConn as a two time All-American. The “only” organization to name her to its first team her junior year was the USBWA.

Reaction Score
I am only discussing this thread which is about an AA team, nothing to do with NPOYs.
And I find it hard to believe that the POY for the ACC did not play up to the same standards in nonconference games...plus it is Asia Durr.

Durr and AO were extremely close in almost every stat in conference. It honestly could have been a toss up. And AO played a tougher overall schedule and if her stats were better in those games, it might have tipped the scale.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
Hey, people these are just opinions from people whom in many cases are no more knowledgeable than you are. This isn't brain surgery. It's actually the most simple of all the team games. Hence, the term consensus is often used in describing a player's AA status, but if a player makes even one AA team that player probably is pretty good. Also, a player's entire career should be considered in terms of AA status.
Well, how about this game? You throw the ball. You hit the ball. You catch the ball.
bull durham you throw the ball - Bing video

Reaction Score
Well, how about this game? You throw the ball. You hit the ball. You catch the ball.
bull durham you throw the ball - Bing video
You are kidding right? Baseball is far more complicated than BB. First of all, there are twice as many players involved. Each position is very different from one another. Then there is the pitcher and catcher who are completely separate from everyone because they are involved in the game far more than everyone else and play their own game within the game. The various skills required are much more varied and player size is a non factor except perhaps pitcher & 1st base. There's more but what I've typed so far is enough to make my point.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
You are kidding right? Baseball is far more complicated than BB. First of all, there are twice as many players involved. Each position is very different from one another. Then there is the pitcher and catcher who are completely separate from everyone because they are involved in the game far more than everyone else and play their own game within the game. The various skills required are much more varied and player size is a non factor except perhaps pitcher & 1st base. There's more but what I've typed so far is enough to make my point.

I thought that the Bull Durham "lollygagging" scene was funny, preceded by Crash (Kevin Costner) suggesting that the manager "scare the players," and Trey Wilson's character was highlighting "Baseball is a simple game" went so nicely with the assertion in this thread that basketball is a simple game, even if the length, regularity, and intensity of Geno, CD and company's practices might actually suggest otherwise.

If you think about it, practitioners of every sport, and virtually every human endeavor, will tenaciously explain how their game, vocation or occupation is not really that simple. (as you have done above) Think of Chris Elliot defending camerawork in "Groundhog Day." You appear to be a serious baseball person, but if you are not too serious, you might enjoy the many sendups of America's Game in this movie. I recommend it.

Miguel de Unamuno, the great Spanish (Basque) author, was opposed to any special highlighting in his works, such as italics or underlining, calling it "bastardilla." He would have hated emojis, our current way of highlighting humor, sarcasm, irony, and in many cases deflecting confrontations, believing that he could convey what he wanted to say without them. I guess that I just struck out.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom