USA Women's U18 3X3 Team Win in Jakarta | Page 3 | The Boneyard

USA Women's U18 3X3 Team Win in Jakarta

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Was just there this past spring and really enjoyed it - a very quick visit while a friend had some business meetings. Friendly and beautiful, very mixed ethnically, and a very relaxed approach to religion. It has a huge population spread across the islands with some islands dominated by different religions. Climate wise it was much cooler and less sticky than Thailand - more oceanic climate - even though it is basically on the equator. Business wise it is booming as is almost all of SE Asia. I am sure that any one of the assistants/associate would have a great time.
I hope so. Don't think I would though.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
USA beats Thailand 21 - 14 and play France sometime tomorrow. France is 6-0 and will be a tough match up.
That's good news. I was concerned that the score might be 21-21, you know, a Thai. :)

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Was just there this past spring and really enjoyed it - a very quick visit while a friend had some business meetings. Friendly and beautiful, very mixed ethnically, and a very relaxed approach to religion. It has a huge population spread across the islands with some islands dominated by different religions. Climate wise it was much cooler and less sticky than Thailand - more oceanic climate - even though it is basically on the equator. Business wise it is booming as is almost all of SE Asia. I am sure that any one of the assistants/associate would have a great time.
Perhaps it's changed since I was there many years ago. Back then it was a cesspool; far and away the worst place I had to travel to in the 'Far East' and the people were not friendly.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA Beat France 17-15 to reach the semi-finals. France up to this point was unbeaten. USA will play Spain who beat Czech Rep. 16-9. Winner of Spain vs USA Goes to the Gold Medal Game.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA Beats Spain 15-10 and are in the Gold Medal Game. USA used superior size and athleticism to beat Spain. They will play Estonia who beat Italy 14-13. Estonia has size but not much Athleticism. USA should win.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Gold medal game is over! USA wins 21-12. Just caught the tail end by accident.

LINK

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Must have started the game Earlier. Schedule shows game starts at 8 PM. As I post this, its only 7:44 PM in Jakarta. I missed the game as well and I was waiting for the game to start. Wish I hadn't stopped the streaming as I watched the earlier games this morning. I didn't think Estonia could beat this USA team. They were tall, but not athletic. From what you watched, was Team USA hitting their outside shots?

USA Basketball had a tweet that said game starts at 9am Eastern.

Gold medal game is over! USA wins 21-12. Just caught the tail end by accident.

LINK

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Must have started the game Earlier. Schedule shows game starts at 8 PM. As I post this, its only 7:44 PM in Jakarta. I missed the game as well and I was waiting for the game to start. Wish I hadn't stopped the streaming as I watched the earlier games this morning. I didn't think Estonia could beat this USA team. They were tall, but not athletic. From what you watched, was Team USA hitting their outside shots?

USA Basketball had a tweet that said game starts at 9am Eastern.

Only reason I caught the last minute or so was a tweet I read from Mike Flynn saying the game had started.

Didn't see enough to comment on the outside shooting. The little bit I saw looked really sloppy on both sides but the U.S. was getting to the hoop on drives.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
The timing is disappointing, I was just about to log in, when i saw that it was over. Congrats to the USA team, it wasn't a walk-over, and took some scrapping to win.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Great choice in players and they represented the USA proudly.

Hopefully they hit a few outside shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer