USA vs. Croatia on right now (11:00 AM EST) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

USA vs. Croatia on right now (11:00 AM EST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
One thing i've noticed is that Croatia seems to be having some success in getting the 3 point shot off. Obviously it's nit picking, but I wonder if they will work on getting thru screens better and extending the defense a bit to stay in front of the player shooting. as i say that, great smooth drive by Angel to the basket. and a steal by her too. I noticed several players have been able to drive right to the hoop. swiss cheese defense by Croatia...

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Asjha set a nice back screen on Maya ..... oops ;)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The Croatian women look gassed. Must be tough to play a team whose 6-6 center beats the guards down the floor.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I wonder what Geno's saying to the team about all the quick, off balance shots?

Reaction Score
Is it unpatriotic that I enjoyed the announcing of this game so much more than when our USA announcers call the game? We would be so annoyed by the mispronouncing of the players name, but when it is foreign announcers, it is cute. At least we knew who scored, who fouled and who came in and out of the game - even if we otherwise had no clue what they were saying!!!

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I would rather have these announcers than many we get because they CALL THE GAME.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Sue looks amazing...smooth as silk. Wow, she is fabulous.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I wonder what Geno's saying to the team about all the quick, off balance shots?

There are games when Maya is 'feeling it' and hits those fairly well, but when it's a game like this, you're in for a few, then out, I think she should look for gaps more and just take more bread & butter shots.

Angel seems to be putting up an awful lot of shots as well, but that coast to coast layup was pretty sweet....

Reaction Score
There are games when Maya is 'feeling it' and hits those fairly well, but when it's a game like this, you're in for a few, then out, I think she should look for gaps more and just take more bread & butter shots.

Angel seems to be putting up an awful lot of shots as well, but that coast to coast layup was pretty sweet....

That's Angel...shot selection is not her forte...

The defense the Croats were running...collapsing three people into the box...wasn't rewarding the NBA-style acrobatic drives. I'm sure the extra contact allowed was a contributor. If the men's team doesn't realize that we may have some awfully tight games.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
That's Angel...shot selection is not her forte...

The defense the Croats were running...collapsing three people into the box...wasn't rewarding the NBA-style acrobatic drives. I'm sure the extra contact allowed was a contributor. If the men's team doesn't realize that we may have some awfully tight games.

OTP, how long have you followed SMU basketball? In the 80s there was a player named Scotti Wood, who played for Rivercrest High School in east Texas, who was the PG for SMU. She lead my high school to a state championship and is now a coach in Texas.

Reaction Score
OTP, how long have you followed SMU basketball? In the 80s there was a player named Scotti Wood, who played for Rivercrest High School in east Texas, who was the PG for SMU. She lead my high school to a state championship and is now a coach in Texas.

I'm ashamed to say very sparsely if at all.

When I was an undergraduate in the early '70's we didn't have any women's teams...there was a women's swim club...that was it.

We did have Gene Phillips on our basketball team, however. He scored 33 points per game his senior year and was number two in the nation behind a mop-haired kid from LSU who was averaging 44 with no 3-point line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom