USA U18 3x3 Championships | Page 4 | The Boneyard

USA U18 3x3 Championships

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Is Van Lith tipping her hand at all? Not really sure what schools she's looking at, if anyone semi-local is even in the running or not.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
For the above title game, players are:

Blue Team: #48 Van Lith , #60 Boston, #212 Bueckers , #207 Brunelle

White Team: #57 Watson, #186 Parrish, #187 Burke, #178 Fudd

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
For the above title game, players are:

Blue Team: #48 Van Lith , #60 Boston, #212 Bueckers , #207 Brunelle

White Team: #57 Watson, #186 Parrish, #187 Burke, #178 Fudd

Thanks for posting.
I thought all of them had their moments, but here are a few thoughts:
- I've heard that Brunelle wants to play with a post like Aliyah Boston. Probably Boston herself. I can see why...she is the very much a traditional post and has an adept touch with blocking and with that little spin hook. Nice screens for Brunelle and Bueckers.
- Fudd's a stud. And she's the youngest person there. Great form and is very athletic.
- Maddie Burke has been off the overall radar recently so it was interesting to see her. She's got good range and can drill it.

The games go fast...just when someone gets in a groove, a substitution occurs.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Honestly, I don’t think this was the “One Shining Moment” for either team. Lots of missed shots and weak passes. I am sure that these players are as good as the experts say they are. But you won’t find much proof of it in this game.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Honestly, I don’t think this was the “One Shining Moment” for either team. Lots of missed shots and weak passes. I am sure that these players are as good as the experts say they are. But you won’t find much proof of it in this game.

Tough crowd. Remember these are 15-16 year-olds playing a style they don't normally play with a 10 second shot clock. Outside of Parrish who looked a bit out of place, I thought everyone showed real talent.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Tough crowd. Remember these are 15-16 year-olds playing a style they don't normally play with a 10 second shot clock. Outside of Parrish who looked a bit out of place, I thought everyone showed real talent.

And about Parrish, who was one of the last cuts for that U.S. National team, she looked out of place in a number of ways, but the most notable thing was she was wearing a mask that looked very much like the non-customized one Jackie Young wore when she broke her nose.

Compared to what I'm watching at the McDonald's All American game, this isn't so bad...;)

Reaction Score
Great picture. If we can land Sammy it would be huge. A good replacement as KLS departs. She really stretches the court.

Reaction Score
Bachus was just cleared to play again and probably will be in action next weekend when the EYBL resumes.

Class of 22 if I recall. Think we have a shot? Looks like a solid kid. Like what I see in clips etc.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Class of 22 if I recall. Think we have a shot? Looks like a solid kid. Like what I see in clips etc.

Big talent. Very early on it seems she likes the south/southern schools. She's from Alabama. UConn should definitely be interested.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Not only did a group of high school girls cruise through the women’s elite division at Hoopfest, it dispatched teams loaded with ex-Division I standouts and pros, including defending champion YYC Canada in Sunday’s title round.

Stars and Stripes, a USA Basketball-sponsored team comprised of high-major college recruits from around the country, wasn’t rattled by the sizable Nike Center Court audience or the brawny opposition nearly twice its age.

Three months after winning a U18 3-on-3 national championship, the 16- and 17-year-olds welcomed the challenge.

When Stars and Stripes established a late lead against YYC Canada, a team led by former Gonzaga standout Janelle Bekkering, they were comforted by the crowd’s chant of “USA, USA!” before dispatching the all-Calgary team 20-16.

Kim Lee’s 2-pointer gave YYC Canada its last lead before crafty guard Hailey Van Lith of Cashmere, Washington, switched gears for Stars and Stripes.

Dribbling between her legs and behind her back as she drove to the hoop, Van Lith cashed in on a short floater that gave her team a 17-14 lead, and, a couple of possessions later, scored on a put-back.

A strong block inside by 6-foot-4 Aliyah Boston of Stars and Stripes helped her team regain possession, setting up Paige Bueckers’ game-winning layup.

Bueckers, the MVP of the title game, is the seventh-ranked recruit in the 2020 class. Van Lith, the fifth-ranked recruit in the 2020 class, is being recruited by such heralded programs as UConn.

Team USA teens cruise through Hoopfest elite women’s division

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom