USA TODAY Sports women's basketball All-American teams | Page 4 | The Boneyard

USA TODAY Sports women's basketball All-American teams

Reaction Score
If Gabby hadn't played against USF, would UConn have won the game? She was everywhere. Stealing the ball 3 times in the first 3 minutes. Rebounding, pressing, dishing. You name it and Gabby did it. What does Vivians do besides scores?

Reaction Score
That is true that SC has had their number and they played a tougher OOC in 2016 than Mississippi State’s did this year. But I still stand by my statement that 2017-18 Mississippi State has had a better year than 2015-16 SC.

Mississippi State’s OOC is not amazing, but it’s not terrible either. They played a projected 2 seed, a 7, another 7, a 10 and a 9. 5 tournament teams isn’t something to brag about, but it isn’t awful either. Baylor’s OOC has just a 3 and a 4....so 2 games, plus factor in they play in a weak conference that likely gets just 3 bids.

Yes but the argument on OK is, the committee is all about SOS. So they did that, and although they didn't win them all they did what was asked/expected by the committee.

Baylor- Yea I believe a deal is already in the works for UConn to come to Waco next year. Also, when the tourney in NOLA fell out we added Stanford expecting it to help our SOS. I don't think a lot of people think about the logistics of scheduling.

Reaction Score
Brooke McCarty earned votes from people who watch Texas play a lot more than most people on this or any other board in large part because of the way Brooke leads her team. Without McCarty, Texas would not be a top 10 team in position to be a 2 or 3 seed in the NCAA tourney. And, even if McCarty's shooting numbers were down this year, teams continued to game plan to defend her. If McCarty's shooting had remained as hot this year as last, maybe she would have been higher than third team. McPhee was similarly important to Stanford finishing the season as well as they did.

Although her numbers were down, Southie is correct without Brooke this team wouldn't be the same. However, not sure her performance this garnered an All American status, but she is truly an AA. Wasn't she one last year as well?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom