USA Today/Coaches Poll | The Boneyard

USA Today/Coaches Poll

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'd say this is mostly attributable to a lack of respect for the Big East Conference. We keep winning, which is about all we can do.
Well, if this pole was indicative of potential seating, and if the NCAA used a strict S-curve, I almost feel like we should lose a game and drop down to ninth so that we’re playing in Louisville‘s bracket and not South Carolina’s.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
let's see if i got this right.
in this one, we're 8 -that's a 2 seed.
and, there are only 5 teams with a 2 or 1 for high- that's a 2 seed.
polls? meh. we should be a zero seed, cuz that's aboot everyone else's expectation for their chances now that we're healthy.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Those Hi/Los are insane. Someone didn’t have LSU ranked
Probably inadvertent. It's the coaches' poll; the ballots tend to be much more erratic than for the AP poll.

If running the Boneyard poll has shown me something, it's how common and easy it is for people to make mistakes with their ballots, such as omitting a team that should be highly ranked or double-listing a team.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Those Hi/Los are insane. Someone didn’t have LSU ranked
Not ranked means most likely those teams were not ranked in the poll in the beginning of the season. LSU was not ranked in the initial poll so their lowest ranking is NR.

Reaction Score
Isn't the Hi/Lo a representation of the school's ranking over the course of the regular season?

Not ranked means most likely those teams were not ranked in the poll in the beginning of the season. LSU was not ranked in the initial poll so their lowest ranking is NR.

Well that is much better than this past week. Haha. I was very concerned otherwise

Reaction Score
The BET is on Fox so I expect it to be ignored by ESPN but if UConn rips through the semi's and final everyone eyes are going to see that UConn is closer to a 1 seed level than they are to a 3 seed level. Seeding though measures performance, not potential. Whether or how much UConn's returning wounded are factored into things is up to the judgement of the committee but no matter how UConn is treated there will be complaints of unfairness, not by UConn, by everyone in their path.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
The BET is on Fox so I expect it to be ignored by ESPN but if UConn rips through the semi's and final everyone eyes are going to see that UConn is closer to a 1 seed level than they are to a 3 seed level. Seeding though measures performance, not potential. Whether or how much UConn's returning wounded are factored into things is up to the judgement of the committee but no matter how UConn is treated there will be complaints of unfairness, not by UConn, by everyone in their path.
I can hear a certain coach in SC complain if they lose to UConn, she would say the committee was wrong to seed UConn as a 3 seed.

Reaction Score
I used to play every July in an amateur golf tourney in Eastern CT. It involved seeding 120 or so golfers and was done with one qualifying round on Friday and then players were seeded by score using tiebreaking rules. Players were then put into groups of 16 using the S curve and matchplay determined the winner of each group. Only the top qualifiers could win the championship and there were always one or three players who didn't belong in the championship group and a couple of top players who had a bad qualifying round and were in the 2nd or third group.

Reaction Score
All those NRS say one or two things. They need better voters or covid has really impacted the season. I say it's the latter. Some will say injuries, but those happen every year.

Reaction Score
I can hear a certain coach in SC complain if they lose to UConn, she would say the committee was wrong to seed UConn as a 3 seed.
I wouldn't blame her--that would be a very tough draw for the overall No. 1 seed to have UConn as a #3 in their region.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I wouldn't blame her--that would be tough draw for the overall No. 1 seed to have UConn as a #3 in their region.
And this is what I don't understand about the preview rankins...why would the Committee want to see a Stanford or SoCar vs UConn game before the Final Four?
But on the other hand, what better way for the unbiased Committee members to see if our consecutive FF streak can be stopped by having us play one of the undisputed top 2 teams in the Elite Eight...

Reaction Score
I wouldn't blame her--that would be a very tough draw for the overall No. 1 seed to have UConn as a #3 in their region.
I would never make that argument privately let alone publicly, especially if I was ranked overall #1 most of the year. It's not exactly a vote of confidence. If anything, I would say I wouldn't care if they placed 2 - 15 in my bracket because...we are the best team. It also doesn't look good because SC already beat UCONN.

Reaction Score
I would never make that argument privately let alone publicly, especially if I was ranked overall #1 most of the year. It's not exactly a vote of confidence. If anything, I would say I wouldn't care if they placed 2 - 15 in my bracket because...we are the best team. It also doesn't look good because SC already beat UCONN.
With an uninitiated Azzi on a bum wheel.
Trust me.
Staley doesn’t want to see UCONN until the last weekend ( if then)

Reaction Score
Having watched all these top teams, I feel like UConn is legitimately & fairly the #6 team in the country presently (healthy, full squad), with only Baylor ahead of them aside from the clear Top-4 seeds.

We need to get to at least #6 post-conf tourney play to avoid SC & Stanford until FF. I would prefer the Wichita quadrant to duck SC until the Championship game, since I think they are at least slightly better than Stanford.

Reaction Score
Coaches must not have time to watch games. That can be the only explanation for LSU and ISU ranked ahead of UConn.

Reaction Score
Having watched all these top teams, I feel like UConn is legitimately & fairly the #6 team in the country presently (healthy, full squad), with only Baylor ahead of them aside from the clear Top-4 seeds.

We need to get to at least #6 post-conf tourney play to avoid SC & Stanford until FF. I would prefer the Wichita quadrant to duck SC until the Championship game, since I think they are at least slightly better than Stanford.
Both Massey and NET have UConn fifth. That’s a tremendous amount of statistical weight.

Reaction Score
The poster replied to the comment "IF SC lost."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom