USA Today/Coaches Poll | Page 3 | The Boneyard

USA Today/Coaches Poll

Reaction Score
so no other BE team got even 1 vote!!! and we seriously are claiming 3 or 4 teams deserve to dance? Even the AAC got one team in the poll and a second team with some votes. BE needs to step it up, schedule some good teams OOC and beat them. But I know it can be tough to schedule other teams that don't want to play you.

Reaction Score
Rankings don't matter that much. Playing in Bridgeport does. You still have to win a lot of games in a row. No room for a "bad night". Let's just enjoy the ride. We now have enough great depth to survive one or two players off nights.

Reaction Score
For those adamant that a now healthy UConn should or will get seeded in Bridgeport, how is that fair to a team like NC State that has been great all season & earned their #1 seed?

In that scenario, UConn would essentially act as the #1 seed with NC State the #2, but their season resumes don’t warrant such de facto transposition.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
For those adamant that a now healthy UConn should or will get seeded in Bridgeport, how is that fair to a team like NC State that has been great all season & earned their #1 seed?

UConn is gonna be a tough out no matter it’s seating, no matter it’s bracket. If you accept that, then putting them in a location that meets the NCAA‘s goal of giving local fans access to postseason games involving their teams makes sense.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
Tony, @Stymie is a UConn fan. I don’t necessarily agree with the tone but I agree with the point - Paige has been back 2 games against overmatched opponents. Yes, we saw the execution against the poorer teams but we haven’t seen it against a top team yet. I think the Huskies will breeze through the early rounds in the tourney but have no idea what they will do against tougher competition.

If the seedings were on potential, UConn would be a #1. If it’s on performance to date, a #3 is appropriate.
"Tone" has been taking quite a beating from a number of new Boneyard commentators this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom