USA Postgame Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

USA Postgame Thread

Reaction Score
What is you take, Chelsea Gray / Skylar Smith / Kelsey Plum which would you select ?

Chelsea struggled on defense (lacks quickness).
And you base this assessment on what? It certainly couldn't have been this game. You see I just rewatched it and whatever player she was watching did not ever score. Do you ever even follow the WNBA. I doubt it. If you did you would know that, Chelsea, is in fact, one of the best defensive guards in the league. You allow yourself to be fooled by her appearance. You are not the first or will you be the last. Most of her game is based on deception in that she never shows you her quickness except for short instances. You never see her full speed. She is in a lot better shape since she has been in LA, but even in lesser shape like she was at the Sun she was always quicker than she let on. She plays at multiple speeds and she tries never to let you see her actual full speed for any length of time.

Some of you might want to watch more than a few USA games before you give opinions based on limited observations. One way to judge who has the advantage is to see who is on the floor in games where the outcome is still in question. Basically, due to circumstances, this game against Uconn meant very little. I mean during the second Quarter Uconn comeback team USA had Stewie, Fowles, and Charles on the floor at the same time with Stewie being stuck guarding guards. She was constantly being beat off the dribble and leaving her assignment with open looks. Stewie is not close to being ready to play. I initially put the blame on KLS, but it was Stewie.

RogueDave

Wasn’t Me!
Reaction Score
And you base this assessment on what? It certainly couldn't have been this game. You see I just rewatched it and whatever player she was watching did not ever score. Do you ever even follow the WNBA. I doubt it. If you did you would know that, Chelsea, is in fact, one of the best defensive guards in the league. You allow yourself to be fooled by her appearance. You are not the first or will you be the last. Most of her game is based on deception in that she never shows you her quickness except for short instances. You never see her full speed. She is in a lot better shape since she has been in LA, but even in lesser shape like she was at the Sun she was always quicker than she let on. She plays at multiple speeds and she tries never to let you see her actual full speed for any length of time.

Some of you might want to watch more than a few USA games before you give opinions based on limited observations. One way to judge who has the advantage is to see who is on the floor in games where the outcome is still in question. Basically, due to circumstances, this game against Uconn meant very little. I mean during the second Quarter Uconn comeback team USA had Stewie, Fowles, and Charles on the floor at the same time with Stewie being stuck guarding guards. She was constantly being beat off the dribble and leaving her assignment with open looks. Stewie is not close to being ready to play. I initially put the blame on KLS, but it was Stewie.

Appreciate your insights, Chelsea is obviously on team for all the reasons you stated. I just didn’t have keen eye watching 1st time. Will be looking for what you shared on the rewatch.

Reaction Score
I'll offer another theory: Dee is not 6' and Kyla is not 6'2" ;)
Really have stood next to Dee and she is6' because I am 6'1" and it is pretty close! Unless your gonna say I am not 6' 1".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom