USA Basketball 3x3 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

USA Basketball 3x3

Reaction Score
Has Lou lost her shot? Even a missed bunny! Focused too much on defense?
Shooting comes and goes for everyone; she certainly played very well (and obviously, you never even remotely suggested she didn’t).

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
mrw GIF

Reaction Score
She is shooting 70% this year and 66.6% from 3 in 2 games for Seattle.
I guess she has lost her shot. :rolleyes:

I really love Lou, one of my favorite Uconn players, but the stat does not lie, she has not shot the ball that well for someone who is supposed to be an outside threat since she turned pro. I would love to see Lou continue to shoot the ball well with Seattle but 2 games, when she did not shoot that much, does not make a trend.

Reaction Score
I love Lou but I don't think she has shot the ball well since she became a pro.
She will when she gets back to Seattle, Stewie, Sue, and Jewell will get her the ball in the proper place where she can catch and shoot.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I really love Lou, one of my favorite Uconn players, but the stat does not lie, she has not shot the ball that well for someone who is supposed to be an outside threat since she turned pro. I would love to see Lou continue to shoot the ball well with Seattle but 2 games, when she did not shoot that much, does not make a trend.
It boils down to confidence. You have to have an almost irrational confidence (i.e Mabrey) that your shot is going in no matter what. And I think Lou is continuously fighting to build on that. I think her European campaign was a good step in that direction but that was a really good situation for her with her sister there to help her. Yes, the Storm with Sue and Stewie will take some of the pressure off but we will see what happens in the glare of a WNBA playoff series.

Reaction Score
I don't get the concept! What's next, one on one? Just more filler for TV revenue!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Question? They say Japan / Spain is an Olympic Qualifying game but wouldn't Japan qualify as a host team?

Reaction Score
Don't equate 3x3 with regular 5 0n 5. Those women were exhausted out there and with the half court and 12 second clock there are a lot of hard contested shots being attempted.

The accumulated points on which players are ranked come from a lot of touraments and 3x3 events to which the US doesn't send teams. Thus US players do rank as high.

Reaction Score
Yay! USA 3x3 going to the Olympics! Stef and Lou going to the Olympics! Time to celebrate! Oh Happy Day!

Boneyard:

Schitts Creek No GIF by CBC

While Stef and Lou got them there, they are not guaranteed to be members of the Olympic team. Evidently, the team will be selected out of the same 29 player pool as the regular squad. See the below article for more info. My opinion is that they got them to the dance, they deserve to be dancers. Also note that Pheesa was originally on this 3x3 squad and was replaced by Lou.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
She is shooting 70% this year and 66.6% from 3 in 2 games for Seattle.
I guess she has lost her shot. :rolleyes:
Perhaps she may have lost her shot, but she HAS found it. For whatever reason, Chicago was not a good fit for Lou. Seattle appears to be. She can find a niche for herself there that does not include being a team leader or savior. Those positions on that team are already filled.

She can just concentrate on playing and making plays.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
While Stef and Lou got them there, they are not guaranteed to be members of the Olympic team. Evidently, the team will be selected out of the same 29 player pool as the regular squad. See the below article for more info. My opinion is that they got them to the dance, they deserve to be dancers. Also note that Pheesa was originally on this 3x3 squad and was replaced by Lou.

That would really. suck if they got replaced by someone else.

Reaction Score
First congrats to the USA women 3X3 team for securing a spot at the Olympics. An exciting and fast paced new event at the Olympics. Looking forward to their debut in Tokyo. Safe to assume USA will be using the same team in Tokyo? USA is impressive despite very new to the sports and Lou is probably the most experienced on the team in 3X3. Again Dolson and Allisha played very well. Lou's shots haven't been falling but defended and passed well. Can't wait for her to make it back to the Seattle Storm and her Olympics debut.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Never again for the men. USA will find 4 NBA players. (But no Knicks)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom