USA Basketball 3x3 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

USA Basketball 3x3

Reaction Score
Dolson seems unstoppable. Plum is great on offense but her defense sucks. Katie Lou’s defense is great. Should really help her in WNBA. Gray doing a good job.
Stef has gotta be MVP ... nobody matches up with her. As the announcer might have said it, Stef and Lou have been gangstas around the net.

Reaction Score
A big fan of our Storm’s KLS. She played well but hasn’t been shooting particularly well. Dolson is strong and unstoppable down low and Alisha is so far the MVP of the team. Plum is finally coming alive on day 4 of the competition with some aggressive attack to the hoop, shot well and had a beautiful behind her back pass to KLS who converted. Dolson is so strong, can dribble and back her defender towards the basket for layups. So far, Toure of France seems to be a clear formidable opponent of team USA.

Reaction Score
It so much talented players that didn’t make the W that should be playing in this 3 on 3 tournament it shouldn’t be allowed for WNBA players to play in these games

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
It so much talented players that didn’t make the W that should be playing in this 3 on 3 tournament it shouldn’t be allowed for WNBA players to play in these games

Nah. An Olympic qualifying tournament with USA Basketball isn’t where you get your participation trophy — even if it is 3x3. Glad they sent a team that they knew would not only play well together, but were just on the cusp of being included in the 5x5 team.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Beat Belarus easy 21-10. They can play better than that, and will have to in next round

Semi will be vs Australia or Spain. We want to win that game. If we lose it would be a game vs Japan or France, which IMO is a tougher game than Spain or Aussies.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Spain bloodied but still win
Australia had a gimme layup to tie it up late and pooped. Spain's post has a bit of Dolson in her. Shoulld be an interesting matchup

By the way, US Men just went down to the Netherlands 21-16. 2 pt sharpshooters overwhelmed US size inside.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Australia had a gimme layup to tie it up late and pooped. Spain's post has a bit of Dolson in her. Shoulld be an interesting matchup

By the way, US Men just went down to the Netherlands 21-16. 2 pt sharpshooters overwhelmed US size inside.
Other than with her back to the basket I dont think the Spain post dribbled the ball.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Other than with her back to the basket I dont think the Spain post dribbled the ball.
But she did a few behind the back passes (and good ones)

Reaction Score
I continue to be impressed by Lou’s defense. The biggest weakness on Team USA is Plum’s defense (her offense is outstanding) but too many times her opponent slips by her for an easy layup. Not sure how to fix that, as you can’t pull another player to pick up her woman. When The UConn duo are on the floor at the same time Team USA is unstoppable.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I continue to be impressed by Lou’s defense. The biggest weakness on Team USA is Plum’s defense (her offense is outstanding) but too many times her opponent slips by her for an easy layup. Not sure how to fix that, as you can’t pull another player to pick up her woman. When The UConn duo are on the floor at the same time Team USA is unstoppable.
Lou facing Spain in the Semi's is interesting since she took over their League this year. I wonder if there are some close friendships or if some of them played against Lou ?

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Lou facing Spain in the Semi's is interesting since she took over their League this year. I wonder if there are some close friendships or if some of them played against Lou ?
I dont recall seeing anyone on Spain(3x3) playing in the Spanish top league. The 3 x 3 teams often play year round as 3x 3 teams, at least for the Euro and Asian teams. Which is amazing that only a few practices we are doing so well. I think you can follow these games year round on the FIBA You Tube channel. I have seen some tweets from fans of Lou, from her Avenida team, that are rooting for her. Dont forget, the loser still has a chance vs the loser of France and Japan. Spain might also qualify in the tournament next week that will bring the 8th and final team into the Olympics.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
USA is getting a lot better at not giving up stupid fouls. Plum is a defensive liability, but she has at least stopped the grabs as the player goes by - foul shooting is a huge bonus in the 3x3 games.

If you check out the individual player 'rankings' you see that USA players are way down on the international ranking system - Plum has the highest ranking at #2650 with 10,800 points. For example, Guapo of France is ranked #86 with 218,569 points. They assign points for every FIBA tournament played to teams and to individual players and USA does not compete internationally except in the 'world events' when they cobble together a team from available players.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
3 x 3 played well is such a beautiful game. And the refereeing is very good. They don't get bluffed. They only call what they see,.

Reaction Score
I love watching the 3x3 tournament. It's very entertaining and so fast paced. I bet it hits the college scene at some point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom