URI Transfer: Tyrese Martin | The Boneyard

URI Transfer: Tyrese Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

From when he originally committed to URI:

URI associate head coach David Cox and head coach Dan Hurley were Martin’s primary recruiters, shadowing him throughout the spring and summer. Hurley watched Martin at July’s Under Armour Association All-American Camp in Philadelphia, and Martin performed well enough to attract late interest from Boston College, Virginia Tech and Maryland leading into the fall.

“He just felt like those guys were loyal to him, recruited him the hardest and showed him the most love,” Johns said. “He loved the vision they had for him when he becomes a Ram.”

And more from when he committed:

“I liked the coaching staff,” Martin said Wednesday. “We really clicked fast. They work hard to get their players better every day. Also the workouts stood out to me. There’s a lot of energy and excitement while work out. I like that a lot. And the school is just a nice setting overall so I plan to go in and win an A-10 championship every year I’m there.”

The Rams will graduate a slew of guards after 2017-18 in E.C. Matthews, Jarvis Garrett, Stan Robinson and Jared Terrell, opening up space for Martin.

“They’re telling me I could go in and play a lot of minutes as a freshman,” he said before the visit. “Coach [Dan] Hurley’s been recruiting me hard.”

Said WE-RI coach James Johns: “He picked URI because he felt a bond with the coaching staff and the vision that they have for him when he becomes a Ram. They were honest with him. He’s a smart kid and he felt like playing at URI would help him on and off the court.

“I trusted the coaching staff as well. I knew they would take care of him and push him. It’s a family environment up there and that’s exactly what he needs.”

Reaction Score
Doesn't have incredible 3pt shooting percentages but 32% is workable, also 7rpg is a great way to replace CV's rebounding

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Very underrated scorer in a messy iso offense. Good size. Seemed surprisingly disinterested in the season this year. His game would fit nicely for us but not totally convinced Hurley would pull from URI still but who knows. Also would think he’s looking to start anywhere he goes.

Reaction Score
We've been talking about the exodus in Wichita, but what about the exodus in Kingston?

Since David Cox has taken over, the team has:

18/19: Christion Thompson (Tulane), Omar Silverio (Hofstra), Marial Mading transfer.
19/20: Dana Tate (Siena), Tyrese Martin, Mekhi Long, Gregory Hammond transfer.

Only 8 scholarships going into 20/21.

Reaction Score
We've been talking about the exodus in Wichita, but what about the exodus in Kingston?

Since David Cox has taken over, the team has:

18/19: Christion Thompson (Tulane), Omar Silverio (Hofstra), Marial Mading transfer.
19/20: Dana Tate (Siena), Tyrese Martin, Mekhi Long, Gregory Hammond transfer.

Only 8 scholarships going into 20/21.

Yikes, sounds like WSU.
Jermaine Harris was supposed to be the star of his recruiting class if I recall correctly and yet Martin turned into the man.
What about Fatts? He would be the death knell for them if he transfers.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Not my 1st choice - not even close

Reaction Score
Hurleys not taking a kid from RI.

never seems to work out to hire a coach to keep a team and recruiting class together.

watched alot of Rhody games and don’t remember anything about this guy. I remember he played but little else.

Reaction Score
OT: Who was that Power Forward i think from Maryland I believe 2019 that loved us but we didn't really offer, I think his name was Tyreese or something like that? 4-star

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
Is this the same young T-Mart from the Chepelle show eipisode trading spouses?

Is it alright if I call you “Mr. Deez?”

Reaction Score
"Correction. I had sex with Katie." - Tyree

tyree.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads