URI Transfer: Tyrese Martin | Page 8 | The Boneyard

URI Transfer: Tyrese Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Not on his level
Absolutely. I meant Bouk will be gone and Martin will be able to step in right away. Never would disrespect Effortless J. like that.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I’ve come around a lot on Martin. Athletic 6’6 guards who rebound are hard to find. Only problem is that he sits a year, we have a more immediate need at guard. Have to think we use that final spot with a guard who’s immediately eligible.

Reaction Score

A few years ago now, but a nice video of his matchup with Cam Reddish. According to the weights on TOS, he's bulked up 20-25lbs since high school. Still looks pretty cut too--great frame for putting on weight.

Dropped 31 in this game. It was years ago, but still interesting.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Anyone sneering at 13/7/1 on the kenpom #65 team is a fool. We'd be lucky to have Martin. Big guard/wing, super switchable on defense, really athletic. Yes please.
Have one winning season after 3 losing ones and people think we can have our pick of the litter. Martin is Jeff Goodman’s #3 non-grad transfer this offseason (one spot behind Nolley). Would be a good player for UConn.

Reaction Score
I’ve come around a lot on Martin. Athletic 6’6 guards who rebound are hard to find. Only problem is that he sits a year, we have a more immediate need at guard. Have to think we use that final spot with a guard who’s immediately eligible.

I think the more obvious hole is at the 4. But it sort of depends on how we think the lineups are going to go, so I could be totally off.

PG -- Cole/Gaffney
SG -- Adams/Bouk
SF -- Jackson/Polley
PF -- Springs
C -- Whaley/Carlton (and maybe Springs)

Hurley is noticeably looking to go *bigger* than last year with our recruiting. Gotta figure at this point we're moving more towards our ideal lineup.

I assume Polley/Jackson will have to push to the 4 when we go smaller with Bouk or Adams at the 3.

UconnU

Reaction Score
I wonder if this is the Bouknight replacement play for 2021-22. Similar type of players stylistically.

Reaction Score
PG -- Cole/Gaffney
SG -- Adams/Bouk
SF -- Jackson/Polley
PF -- Springs
C -- Whaley/Carlton
i still want nolley. slot him right in front of springs. we really need a stretch 4 if AJ and whaley are both starting.

(i'm sure you didnt mean to say adams is starting over bouk)

Reaction Score
This just seems like a guy who this board will be secretly crossing their fingers hoping he leaves in 2 years so we can open up another scholly.

This also signals that were probably not in great shape on Nolley. So forgive me for the wind being taken out of the sails a bit with this.

Reaction Score
i still want nolley. slot him right in front of springs. we really need a stretch 4 if AJ and whaley are both starting.

(i'm sure you didnt mean to say adams is starting over bouk)

I wasn't thinking starters at all, just who's at the spot. But agreed... if Nolley somehow gets a waiver here, he would slide in at the 3/4 perfectly.

UconnU

Reaction Score
I think we'll get Martin and Nolley.
That would leave us with 9 healthy players next fall. One of which is an extremely raw freshman. Kind of need someone more immediate.

Reaction Score
I think the more obvious hole is at the 4. But it sort of depends on how we think the lineups are going to go, so I could be totally off.

PG -- Cole/Gaffney
SG -- Adams/Bouk
SF -- Jackson/Polley
PF -- Springs
C -- Whaley/Carlton (and maybe Springs)

Hurley is noticeably looking to go *bigger* than last year with our recruiting. Gotta figure at this point we're moving more towards our ideal lineup.

I assume Polley/Jackson will have to push to the 4 when we go smaller with Bouk or Adams at the 3.

I think you’ll see plenty of lineups with Jackson at the 3, Polley at the 4, and Whaley at the 5.

Reaction Score
I think you’ll see plenty of lineups with Jackson at the 3, Polley at the 4, and Whaley at the 5.

Polley at the 4 gives us much better floor spacing. If we can get enough rebounding out of Bouk/Jackson to make up for Polley's lack of rebounding, that could be a deadly lineup

Reaction Score
I think we'll get Martin and Nolley.

We cannot go into next season with 10 guys available, one or two being guys we don’t expect to see the court much. We saw what can happen with injuries this year.

In a perfect world we get Nolley and then an immediately eligible guard or Sanogo.

Reaction Score
Polley at the 4 gives us much better floor spacing. If we can get enough rebounding out of Bouk/Jackson to make up for Polley's lack of rebounding, that could be a deadly lineup

That’s the lineup if no new additions are added.

PG: Cole
SG: Bouknight
SF: Jackson
PF: Polley
C: Whaley

Gaffney giving us minutes at the 1-2, Adams giving us minutes at the 2-3, Springs at the 4, and Carlton/Ferguson at the 5. I must say my outlook is a little more pessimistic if we don’t add anything for next year. Need something whether it’s a guard or big.

Reaction Score
We cannot go into next season with 10 guys available, one or two being guys we don’t expect to see the court much. We saw what can happen with injuries this year.

In a perfect world we get Nolley and then an immediately eligible guard or Sanogo.
If he’s announcing tomorrow and Slater is saying he’s coming here then like it or not Martin is coming here. So either Nolley is coming with him or we’re getting a big man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom