URI Transfer: Tyrese Martin | Page 15 | The Boneyard

URI Transfer: Tyrese Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Martin is better than Brendan Adams

Probably. Adams seems like Hurley’s favorite player though and is going to play a lot. I like Martin. I think he can be a nice athlete coming off the bench and making an impact. I guess I’m a little surprised if that’s what Martin is looking for though.

Reaction Score
I sure hope you are right. There’s nothing I’d like more than to be wrong on this guy.

On the other hand, I can’t believe I have to defend the guy who several have said was the best player in practice all year (RJ Cole) and tamper expectations for a guy who was average at URI:p:p Love the boneyard
You predicted RJ Cole to have better stats than every P6 point guard from this past year except for Cassius Winston, Marcus Zegarowski, and maybe Tre Jones.

Reaction Score
Probably. Adams seems like Hurley’s favorite player though and is going to play a lot. I like Martin. I think he can be a nice athlete coming off the bench and making an impact. I guess I’m a little surprised if that’s what Martin is looking for though.

I like Martin for the same reasons as Adams as well. The team is always going to need guys wired like Adams and Martin regardless of how many top recruits we have.

Reaction Score
We played our best basketball with 7 guys last year. I think we would be fine with 10.

Going in with 10 doesn't mean you finish with 10. That number only goes down.

And we lost a game with a walk on who didn't have a point all year taking the last, game deciding shot.

Reaction Score
You predicted RJ Cole to have better stats than every P6 point guard from this past year except for Cassius Winston, Marcus Zegarowski, and maybe Tre Jones.

You’re going to feel real stupid this time next year. Go ahead everyone, keep telling me Cole will average <10 points and 3 assists in a limited role :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I would like everyone to shut up about the cons of a player because all of our players have downsides as well. Trust in Hurley because he’s doing a better job than any of us could do. He’s turned this team from being a laughingstock in the AAC to a possible top 25 team.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I like Martin for the same reasons as Adams as well. The team is always going to need guys wired like Adams and Martin regardless of how many top recruits we have.

Agreed. But people need to temper their expectations.

Reaction Score
Also does Tyrese Martin have a Twitter? I want to follow him if he decides to make his decision on there first.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Also does Tyrese Martin have a Twitter? I want to follow him if he decides to make his decision on there first.
@dreambig_04

Reaction Score
Sometimes it’s tough to read this board when it comes to recruiting. Recruits and family members read this board and if Hurley and company want him, then I do too.

I understand that you need to be respectful, and the impact negativity can have on recruits reading this boare. With that being said, I think it’s fair for us to have appropriate opinions on UConn basketball that don’t always have to agree with the coach or favor a recruit. If that were the case, this board would be really dull and kind of pointless.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
What Hurley wants is a team with a plethora of big guards and wings who spread the floor, press and gang rebound. Rese fits that mold PERFECTLY, he’s a natural 3 but can play the 2 or 4 in our system. We have a year to improve his ball handling, passing, and shooting. These 6’6 athletes who have ball skills are not easy to find(see sid Wilson).

Reaction Score
Maybe Brendan's about to enter the portal ;)

Brendan is graduating next year so he might be gone before Martin suits up.

Actually lightbulb went off as I typed that first sentence. Maybe Martin is Adams' replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom