Upset alert | The Boneyard

Upset alert

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Edey, one shot in the final 12 minutes. Even Hurley would have done a better coaching job than that. Purdue deserved to lose.

Reaction Score
Softest 1 seed I've seen in all my years watching March Madness. I'm also happy it happened because early in the season when there was a big debate about whether UConn or Purdue should be #1 in the country there were a bunch of Purdue fans on twitter saying how we're garbage and overrated

Reaction Score
Purdue's bench was an issue the entire season. This game was no different. 5 points from the bench today.

Reaction Score
Awesome job to FD. UMBC was shockingly anti-climatic, with the 20 point win and all. (I figured any 16 over 1 would be a tense wire to wire game like this so Virginia shocked me). That was as stressful as a game not featuring YOUR team could be IMO. Good stuff.

Reaction Score
Softest 1 seed I've seen in all my years watching March Madness. I'm also happy it happened because early in the season when there was a big debate about whether UConn or Purdue should be #1 in the country there were a bunch of Purdue fans on twitter saying how we're garbage and overrated
The Purdue fans were trolling UConn fans on all the social media platforms. It actually really bothered me at one point so I love seeing this. They deserve this. Fraudulent team. Weak, slow guards and one Giant.

Reaction Score
Tough question for all the coaches here who have played serious underdog roles, but, watching FD celebrate post game, cleary and obviously understandable, to an extent at least, where do you draw the line between jubliation and this business like attitude of "taking care of business and preparing for the next game"? 8 vs 9 up next. Hard to write down my exact thoughts, not sure if I'm being clear. But is there this concept of "that was our superbowl" type of mindset that creeps in that clouds anything else moving forward? (even if not meaning for it to happen? Curious.

Reaction Score
Tough question for all the coaches here who have played serious underdog roles, but, watching FD celebrate post game, cleary and obviously understandable, to an extent at least, where do you draw the line between jubliation and this business like attitude of "taking care of business and preparing for the next game"? 8 vs 9 up next. Hard to write down my exact thoughts, not sure if I'm being clear. But is there this concept of "that was our superbowl" type of mindset that creeps in that clouds anything else moving forward? (even if not meaning for it to happen? Curious.
It’s a 1 vs 16. They won 4 games last year. They didn’t even win their own conference. This IS their championship game. Enjoy every freakin’ second.

Edit, I was only a youth soccer coach

Reaction Score
That was in my mind the biggest upset in tournament history. UVA was not a threat to win the National championship. Purdue was. And, as someone said above, UMBC hadn’t lost to Sacred heart, U Ha and Central.
100%. UMBC shot 50% from 3 against Virginia. They got lucky, caught fire, and that's what carried them to the win. This FDU team is the smallest in D1 and they just straight up out fought and outplayed Purdue and their national player of the year giant down low. Beautiful game plan and execution throughout.

Reaction Score
Top teams are just so blah in this day and age. 16-seed wins aren't going to be that rare going forward.

FDU just shot 38% from the floor and won lol.

Reaction Score
It’s a 1 vs 16. They won 4 games last year. They didn’t even win their own conference. This IS their championship game. Enjoy every freakin’ second.

Edit, I was only a youth soccer coach
Ya, not sure how to express what I mean, not trying to be judgemental, but, considering the huge underdog role, how do you balance celebration and preparing for the next game so that said celebration does not over shadow the next step but still giving room to celebrate...Maybe that is a better way to phrase it.

(all things considered that is about as "winnable" as an 8/9 matchup as a 16 can get IMO, nothing against memphis or fau but I think FD can beat FAU if they match up).

Reaction Score
That was in my mind the biggest upset in tournament history. UVA was not a threat to win the National championship. Purdue was. And, as someone said above, UMBC hadn’t lost to Sacred heart, U Ha and Central.

I agree its a bigger upset than Virginia. FDU lost to some pretty lousy teams. This is an insane upset.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

When a 16 beats a one?

Jubilation should be the mode for quite a few hours.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom