Updates on Gabby and Lou | The Boneyard

Updates on Gabby and Lou

Reaction Score
Lou was NOT wearing a boot. She practiced in drills before media were allowed in. I suspect she will play Friday....and then take time off during exams. As much as we all (and Geno) want her for the season and tournaments, they need to work the top 5, 6, 7, 8(??) in some sort of rotation to work out the offensive and defensive kinks.

Go Huskies!!!

Reaction Score
I suspect Gabby & Lou will both start Friday. Gabby sounds like she’s doing better and even if Lou is a bit gimpy, she will pester Geno until he gives in and plays her.
I don’t think Geno’s gonna give in if it’s not in the school’s best interest. Meaningless game in December? She could really heal with the time off this month-just 2 games after this one. I’d feel better if she didn’t play. Assuming of course it didn’t mean something serious.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
If there's anything that's day-to-day, it's migraines. Gabby might be fine for a week (or a month) and then right out of it. I know nothing about injury-triggered migraines; hopeful that they'll just fade. But being okay for a few days doesn't mean she's out of the woods.

Reaction Score
Megan's as smooth in front of the mike as she is on the court.

Jeez, I'd sit Lou down for a couple of weeks. Let her play undergraduate assistant coach or something...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Quote from Geno in the Courant on Lou, “She’s bugging me to play. A lot of times I’m inclined to let her play.”

Contradictions abound here @oldude ; we know it is a different team with a different style of play when KLS is in. In a sense, when she does not practice, the starting system isn't practicing. Double that for game time. Then the tension KLS and the coaches feel is understandable. The full quote and then some:

“I definitely want to start playing, but I’ve talked to the coaches and Shea [Ralph] a lot about trying to think about the longevity of this season and how I don’t want to be dealing with this for a while,” Samuelson said. “But I’m definitely ready to get out there and play in a full game.”

Auriemma said the previous injury gives him pause, especially since it’s so early in the season. But he detects frustration.

“She’s missed so many games,” Auriemma said. “After the first game, she’s yet to finish a game. So some of that plays into it. She wants to play and I want her to play. … She’s bugging me to play. A lot of times I’m inclined to let her play.”

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Contradictions abound here @oldude ; we know it is a different team with a different style of play when KLS is in. In a sense, when she does not practice, the starting system isn't practicing. Double that for game time. Then the tension KLS and the coaches feel is understandable. The full quote and then some:

“I definitely want to start playing, but I’ve talked to the coaches and Shea [Ralph] a lot about trying to think about the longevity of this season and how I don’t want to be dealing with this for a while,” Samuelson said. “But I’m definitely ready to get out there and play in a full game.”

Auriemma said the previous injury gives him pause, especially since it’s so early in the season. But he detects frustration.

“She’s missed so many games,” Auriemma said. “After the first game, she’s yet to finish a game. So some of that plays into it. She wants to play and I want her to play. … She’s bugging me to play. A lot of times I’m inclined to let her play.”
I agree that there's a lot of "bet hedging" going on here, and perhaps Lou's services will not be required in order to defeat DePaul, but without Lou's heroic efforts in the 3rd qtr vs ND on a fragile foot/ankle, UConn could have fallen behind by 20, making the 4th qtr comeback impossible.

Reaction Score
Megan's as smooth in front of the mike as she is on the court.

Jeez, I'd sit Lou down for a couple of weeks. Let her play undergraduate assistant coach or something...
I agree on all counts ---I posted a few days ago--I'd like KLS to RECOVER and sit out a game or 3---got some push back.
Now there are more than a few who think along those lines--
Megan IS smooth, I just watched the 2nd half of the ND game again--her drive to the basket equals any Senior previously a Uconn. If Katie sits and recovers that will open some time that Megan needs to fit more smoothly into the chemistry of the starters--I'm thinking towards March/April.
Now AEH and others have to step up and show their BB skills, learn now , play later

Reaction Score
I agree that there's a lot of "bet hedging" going on here, and perhaps Lou's services will not be required in order to defeat DePaul, but without Lou's heroic efforts in the 3rd qtr vs ND on a fragile foot/ankle, UConnould have fallen behind by 20, making the 4th qtr comeback impossible.

Just watched those last 2 qtrs AGAIN--KLS, as she has been in BIG games for the past season and now, was/is needed--she changes the complexion of the games she's in. It seems clear in the ND game--no KLS-no Uconn win. Still I can't throw 6 other fantastic WBB players under my scooter, ND took all the power Uconn had.

If I were to HEDGE a bet--I'd get more PT for Walker--maybe AEH, then come some crunch time--they'd be MORE ready to contribute in an effect manner.

Reaction Score
we know it is a different team with a different style of play when KLS is in. In a sense, when she does not practice, the starting system isn't practicing.
really great point, Rocky.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25

Top Bottom