Updates on Clingan ankle ? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Updates on Clingan ankle ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Singare looked like he learned to play basketball in August the few times he’s been out there.

I don’t think he has much to offer at this stage in his development

He offers a 6-10, 220 pound body. If he clogs the middle and grabs a couple of rebounds in limited time to keep Johnson fresh that ain't nothing.

Reaction Score
Unless it was just a tweak. No way he plays ST John’s. Almost 3 weeks of before DePaul should be perfect if it’s not a high ankle sprain.

Reaction Score
He offers a 6-10, 220 pound body. If he clogs the middle and grabs a couple of rebounds in limited time to keep Johnson fresh that ain't nothing.
When Uconn recruited Singare, I though he was listed as 7'' not 6'10".

Reaction Score
When Uconn recruited Singare, I though he was listed as 7'' not 6'10".

The roster says 6-10, 220. During the recruiting cycle it was reported he had a 7'3" wingspan and a standing reach of 9'6". It ain't nothing.

Reaction Score
Re: Singare, while Clingan is out we need someone who can grab defensive rebounds and provide help defense when guards get beaten on drive. I would guess he doesn’t know offense scheme / screening responsibilities, which is probably while Hurley doesn’t want to play him.

Reaction Score
Shut him down for as long as it takes. Big picture fellas. He is the most indispensable player for a Championship run just ahead of Spencer and Newton. We need all these guys healthy to be in the mix. Frustrating but just the reality.

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
A tread of expert doctors (I know more than you, no I do!) and old guys getting injured playing hoops with their children in the driveway. Clicked on this thinking I’d see some legit info. Should of known better.

Reaction Score
Was at the game last night. For what it's worth, when he came back from the locker room he came running out of the tunnel and got right into the time out huddle. Felt like he was about to get put right back in. Got up off the bench multiple times through H2 and looked like he wanted to go in

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
What I don’t like is that I think it’s really the foot bc he has been grimacing a lot and not moving well all season. When you have a strain in your foot it stresses the ankle. You see this in football all the time, guy will have turf toe, play through it, all the sudden he has a sprained ankle. I think what he really needs is just time off his feet so that all the little ligaments can heal. Maybe I’m way off base correct me if I’m wrong, not an expert by any means.

Reaction Score
Was at the game last night. For what it's worth, when he came back from the locker room he came running out of the tunnel and got right into the time out huddle. Felt like he was about to get put right back in. Got up off the bench multiple times through H2 and looked like he wanted to go in
Big men and lower body injuries are rough, He supports a lot of weight on those pins

Reaction Score
Big men and lower body injuries are rough, He supports a lot of weight on those pins
This is true but he was limping every time he got up and walked around.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I absolutely think we need to figure out some way to get Singare minutes. If Donny tweaks anything from this point forward, we might need him down the line for sure.
We need someone besides DC in the frontcourt whose not afraid to bang on the boards. Why do we constantly have guards leading the team in rebounding???? It's nice that they contribute well but where are the bigs? Karaban and Samson looked like beanpoles compared to Hall players. If the refereeing in this game is indicative of what is to come in the league then we will be in trouble.

Reaction Score
Clingan would have given us a chance last nite if allowed to play. Game over without him as he was the only one who came to play. Not worth the risk . Thankful to have him vs SJ.
Singare should at least get a chance after what we saw from SJ.
First at practice in BW Scrim. Great attitude Tallented. 7' 6" wingspan.

Reaction Score
I sprained mine in October and won't be playing hoops again until February. There are degrees to everything.

I also seriously doubt it's an ankle. He landed normally. Nothing rolled or twisted.
That's what surprises me. I saw how the foot landed and it never turned in the slightest. I will be thrilled if it's just a sprained ankle, of the mild kind, and nothing more serious.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
0FABC98D-B778-496E-A81F-8AEBE7F90532.gif

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
What kind of coach lets a trainer dictate who plays or doesn’t. I’m so annoyed I could literally smash something. Danny better get his act together.

Reaction Score
Clingan is so good and he really makes the team really good. He indispensable especially since we dont have a big body 4 or back up 5. But the only goal here is to stay above water and survive while DC gets back to 30 minutes pain free---thats our only legit chance

Reaction Score
Question. Do ALL UConn players get their ankles taped before EVERY practice and game? I was shocked, after having had my ankles taped before every practice and game by my high school coach, that they were NEVER taped by my college staff. FYI, I played (full disclosure, it was the Frosh squad) for an ultimately very well-known, successful ND coach. He was my coach at Penn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom