Updates on Clingan ankle ? | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Updates on Clingan ankle ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Agreed on the athlete aspect, but Phelps burnt that many calories because of the sport. You burn a lot more calories swimming because your body is also working to maintain your core temp.

True, but he's also not 7'3" 275#.

Reaction Score
Untitled.jpg

Reaction Score
Have u ever used a HR monitor while doing it? I’ve done it but my HR doesn’t get high enough to be considered HIIT. But it’s too inconsistent to be zone 2. Any suggestions appreciated.
No, I never did it in the manner of HIIT. Hockey cardio while always seeking overall endurance levels was somewhat more focused on short, short bursts emulating a 45 second to 1 minute shift.

Reaction Score
I’m not a training expert, maybe someone else who is can speak to this more. But I feel like bikes aren’t as effective as good old fashion running.

Also if his foot is in a boot idk how much he can use the bike either.
Not a PT, but it seems like a recumbent bike might work? Doesn’t seem like a regular bike would work with the boot and could be stressful for that foot.

Reaction Score
Have u ever used a HR monitor while doing it? I’ve done it but my HR doesn’t get high enough to be considered HIIT. But it’s too inconsistent to be zone 2. Any suggestions appreciated.

Could mean you are a vampire.

Reaction Score
I don’t know about any of you but there are a lot more high caloric things we all have available at this time of year, a cookie avalanche to start with, so it may be easier for him to deal with going forward. And especially since Hurley has made this public. He’s aware of it and so is his dad and they are both tuned in to getting Donovan in the best draft position possible.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
It’s up to 5 weeks now… was 3-4 weeks.
Better to stay out as long as he needs to so he’s fully recovered when back. Let him rest until at least Xavier at the end of Jan. Gives him 6 weeks to get ready for tourney time

Reaction Score
It’s up to 5 weeks now… was 3-4 weeks.
By the time they said 3-4 weeks, a week hD already passed. I was wondering whether that included the week that passed. If they didn't include the week in their 3-4 weeks that would have been 4-5 weeks total. So nothing has really changed.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
The day the announced 3-4 weeks, I commented that we would be lucky too see him in January. I don’t want to be right. Just speculating and also hoping that he does not come back until he is fully healthy. We all understand that he has to get medical clearance. My concern is more that DC wants to play and as he progresses through this process the feedback he gives the medical team plays a part on when he is cleared to play. Please DC don’t rush and put yourself first. We all want you in the lineup but not if it puts your future at risk in any way.

Reaction Score
That's rough. I mean if his first appearance is Feb and you add a couple weeks to work back to full strength this is not good. Good thing Johnson is looking good. We can't afford more injuries.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
What more information do you guys need? @SilentDog already derived from first principles that he’s out 4-6 weeks.
Was not that far off was I and it was not the ankle. I preface all my posts are opinion. I am not one of the BY’s insiders. I had one number right the 4. Let’s see how it plays out. I speculated it was not an ankle which now seems to be accurate, I speculated an extended time out that was nearly correct. So I guess my track record ain’t that bad….

Reaction Score
If Clingan is out until February and then it takes him a month to ramp back up to starter minutes does that give Clingan enough time the bolster his NBA draft resume, or will he need another year?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
If Clingan is out until February and then it takes him a month to ramp back up to starter minutes does that give Clingan enough time the bolster his NBA draft resume, or will he need another year?

He's not coming back.

He's not coming back next year.

He's not coming back next year, but he'll be back in late January.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak