Updates on Clingan ankle ? | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Updates on Clingan ankle ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
To be clear, are you saying he's played his last minutes in a UConn uniform?

I assume he was responding to the idea that Clingan would come back next year if he’s not cleared until February. I don’t think that’s happening either.

Honestly, his inability to stay healthy is probably becoming a red flag at this point.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Everytime this thread gets bumped I get scared
I expect some kind of development like Donovan has started using a bike or working out in the pool

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Nothing new in here.

Alternate access:

How UConn men’s basketball will move forward without Donovan Clingan

Singare had thought about taking a redshirt year, preserving his eligibility, but opted against it – a huge bonus for the program, especially with Clingan out.
“He’s got unbelievable spirit,” Hurley said. “He had no real time to prepare for this, we didn’t really have an offensive package for this. Donovan’s injury, we really didn’t become too aware of the severity of it until Thursday (Dec. 21) later in the day and then we basically had a one-day prep and we didn’t have a package of things to run for (Singare) versus man (defense) or matchup zone, or versus pressure.
“He’s got to give us minutes now and I thought he was solid in there.”

This is why you have backup plans like "What would I do if Samson or Clingan gets hurt." Early season minutes.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Singare had thought about taking a redshirt year, preserving his eligibility, but opted against it – a huge bonus for the program, especially with Clingan out.
“He’s got unbelievable spirit,” Hurley said. “He had no real time to prepare for this, we didn’t really have an offensive package for this. Donovan’s injury, we really didn’t become too aware of the severity of it until Thursday (Dec. 21) later in the day and then we basically had a one-day prep and we didn’t have a package of things to run for (Singare) versus man (defense) or matchup zone, or versus pressure.

This is why you have backup plans like "What would I do if Samson or Clingan gets hurt." Early season minutes.
So Singare was not practicing with the team since arriving?
This is a ridiculous thing to admit by a coach but - whatever...............................

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
This is a ridiculous thing to admit by a coach but - whatever...............................
Yeah we clearly don’t have a next man up kind of mentality, that’s for sure.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I don’t know about any of you but there are a lot more high caloric things we all have available at this time of year, a cookie avalanche to start with, so it may be easier for him to deal with going forward. And especially since Hurley has made this public. He’s aware of it and so is his dad and they are both tuned in to getting Donovan in the best draft position possible.
Hate to think Hurley would take his opening shot in public...

Reaction Score
They are designing paxkages for you know our lottery pick stud center. Hurley has already said they have different packages designed for when Samson is in there. They all have different unique skill sets.

Do you expect them to be working on things for guys who aren’t expected to see the floor?

We just one a national championship. We clearly have one of the best coaching staffs in the country.

Let’s complain more about guys not getting mop up duty minutes.

Reaction Score
Do you really think they would spend time in the limited practice time they are allowed to prepare schemes in case the third team center who would normally never play was forced into action? You guys are too much sometimes.

Reaction Score
They are designing paxkages for you know our lottery pick stud center. Hurley has already said they have different packages designed for when Samson is in there. They all have different unique skill sets.

Do you expect them to be working on things for guys who aren’t expected to see the floor?

We just one a national championship. We clearly have one of the best coaching staffs in the country.

I didn’t see your post when I posted mine. You summed it up very well.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score

Hoping this year we can two a national championship

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Do you really think they would spend time in the limited practice time they are allowed to prepare schemes in case the third team center who would normally never play was forced into action? You guys are too much sometimes.
From my experience playing basketball, usually you have base playcalling that everyone knows and can do on the court. You might have specific stuff for certain players but you should never be in a situation where someone who practices everyday with you couldn’t be put in a game situation and have something for them.

I’m hoping that’s moreso what he meant as far as specific stuff. Because there’s no way everyone on the team shouldn’t know some base plays.

Reaction Score

Agree with your last point about the coaches but as to your question, the answer in this case is yes given DC has been injured since Sept / Oct. For the coach to say we had one day to prepare was a bit surprising and indicates certain details have slipped thru the cracks which I would not have expected.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

Love Hurley and this staff works harder than anyone, but not having any offensive package in place for your back-up center when your starter has shown to be injury prone seems like a real head scratcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom