2022 Recruiting: - Updated Composite Rankings | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Updated Composite Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It’s pretty shocking you believe recruiting pitches to be absent of gamesmanship.
True, reminds me of the story Rip tells. Rip was seated in the gym on the first day of class and Coach Calhoun walks by and says. You know that nice guy who visited your living room recruiting you …..you are never going to see that *M-F*er again. That’s was Jim’s Freshmen Orientation program for Rip - LOL

Reaction Score
True, reminds me of the story Rip tells. Rip was seated in the gym on the first day of class and Coach Calhoun walks by and says. You know that nice guy who visited your living room recruiting you …..you are never going to see that *M-F*er again. That’s was Jim’s Freshmen Orientation program for Rip - LOL

Or, to put in in terms a lawyer would understand, the home visit is the recruiting equivalent of the big law firm's summer associate program.

Reaction Score
Just saw that Zion Cruz announced he is reopening his recruitment. Anyone know if UConn was ever in contact?

He never committed anywhere, but was set to decide between Auburn, Creighton, and UNC last weekend with Auburn being the heavy favorite. I wonder how that fell through.

Reaction Score
Check didn’t clear.
the big bang theory GIF

Reaction Score
Officially out on JJ Starling. Just dropped his top 5 and did not include UConn.

Can be crossed off the list for the next update @bendm

Reaction Score
updated rankings

duke is gonna land 3 guys in the top 10 plus starling??? so much for hoping they'd drop off under scheyer

2 Derek Lively- C- PA (not in top 7) (Duke Crystal)
5 Dariq Whitehead- SG- NJ (Duke Commit)

6 Chris Livingston- SF- VA- (UK Commit)
8 Kyle Filipowski- PF- MA (Duke Commit)
13 Jarace Walker- PF- FL
24 Cam Whitmore- SF- MD (UNC Commit) (big jump from 51)
30 Zion Cruz- SG- NJ (Auburn Crystal)
31 Chance Westry- CG- PA (LSU Crystal)
33 JJ Starling- PG- NY (Duke Crystal)

41 Jalen Washington- PF- IN (UNC Commit)

44 Donovan Clingan- C- CT (UConn Commit)
45 Tyrell Ward- SF- MD (Xavier Commit)
46 Mark Armstrong- CG- NJ (Nova Commit)
52 Rodney Rice- SG- MD (VT Crystal)
54 Ty Rodgers- SF- MI (Michigan Crystal)

57 Judah Mintz- CG- DC (Pitt Commit)
61 Dug McDaniel- PG- VA (Michigan Commit)

65 Alex Karaban- SF- NH (UConn Commit) (jump from 82)
64 Roddy Gale- SG- NY (OSU Commit)

73 Otega Oweh- SG- NJ (PSU Crystal)
74 Justin Taylor- SF- VA (Cuse Commit)
77 Jayden Epps- CG- VA (Illinois Commit)
79 Denver Anglin- CG- NJ (Gtown Commit) (big jump from 173)

84 Tyler Nickel- SF- VA
99 Alphonzo Billups- SG- VA
108 Favour Aire- C- MD (OSU Crystal)
114 Yann Farell- PF- NH
126 Donald Hand- CG- VA (BC Commit)
127 Jameel Brown- CG- PA (PSU Commit)

137 Avery Brown- PG- CT
139 Will Richardson- CG- NJ
140 Christian Watson-PG- DC (Miami Commit) (decommitted from Gtown?)
143 Quadir Copeland- SG- PA (Cuse Commit)
152 Dasonte Bowen- PG- MA (Iowa Commit)
153 Jaquan Sanders- SG- NY (SJU Commit)
184 Jaquan Harris- CG- NJ (Hall Commit)

36 players
25 offers
1 outstanding
2 commits

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
updated rankings

duke is gonna land 3 guys in the top 10 plus starling??? so much for hoping they'd drop off under scheyer

13 Jarace Walker- PF- FL

84 Tyler Nickel- SF- VA
114 Yann Farell- PF- NH

137 Avery Brown- PG- CT

36 players
25 offers
1 outstanding
2 commits
I was hoping the same but I think if you look at unc, Indiana, etc there’s usually inertia for a couple classes but as soon as they have a bad season they don’t survive it in the same way they did with a hall of fame coach. Eg if they had this past season under shire instead of coach k, it probably has a much bigger impact on the program

Reaction Score
I was hoping the same but I think if you look at unc, Indiana, etc there’s usually inertia for a couple classes but as soon as they have a bad season they don’t survive it in the same way they did with a hall of fame coach. Eg if they had this past season under shire instead of coach k, it probably has a much bigger impact on the program
Indiana, UCLA, Georgetown, St. John's, and more. UNC overcame 18 years of fraud, Guthridge and Doherty because of the name on the jersey, complicity by the NCAA and the hype provided by ESPN for the Duke series.

The bottom line is the hype is so enormous for some schools they can have several bad years and get away with it, but it will catch up eventually if the coach is nothing special. Scheyer will have two or three years to win big or the recruits will realize he's not the reason Duke "gets guys in the league" and recruiting starts to dry up.

Reaction Score
updated rankings

13 Jarace Walker- PF- FL

84 Tyler Nickel- SF- VA
114 Yann Farell- PF- NH

137 Avery Brown- PG- CT

36 players
25 offers
1 outstanding
2 commits
Lists make me ill. Just reading Duke has 2,5, 10 and 47 for 2022 and a 5 star guard for 2023. Pretty much the same teams getting most of the top recruits year in and out Duke, UNC Kentucky. It can vary if they get too many top tens in 1 year the next they might only get 1. In the past when UCONN got 1 top ten player which we have done a few times it was epic.

Reaction Score
Lists make me ill. Just reading Duke has 2,5, 10 and 47 for 2022 and a 5 star guard for 2023. Pretty much the same teams getting most of the top recruits year in and out Duke, UNC Kentucky. It can vary if they get too many top tens in 1 year the next they might only get 1. In the past when UCONN got 1 top ten player which we have done a few times it was epic.
This list might be more to your liking:
1632312849928.png

Reaction Score
I'm assuming we're all set for 2022, correct?
It depends. If everyone on the team stays and RJ & Tyrese decide to come back (not sure how likely that is), we will have no scholarships left.

If anyone leaves and RJ and/or Tyrese do not come back, we will have spots open.

Reaction Score
It depends. If everyone on the team stays and RJ & Tyrese decide to come back (not sure how likely that is), we will have no scholarships left.

If anyone leaves and RJ and/or Tyrese do not come back, we will have spots open.
Yup. Cole and Martin back = 0 open scholarships. 2 open if neither come back. Positive things have been mentioned here about RJ Cole and its been reflected in the recruiting imo but haven't heard anything regarding Martin. Unless we lose guys to the NBA I don't see the roster fit for Martin with Gaffney/Hawkins/Floyd/Jackson/Karaban/Johnson/Akok. A lot of competition 2 through 4.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
If we get a normal season with no Covid interruptions RJ and Tyrese will get 30 games to showcase themselves. I don't foresee either of them returning to play at UConn next year. Hurley will have a discussion with them after this season. Three possible scenarios could be going pro somewhere, coming back to UConn where playing time could be the same but most likely will be reduced, or playing an additional year at another school where they would be guaranteed starters and possibly the go to guy to enhance their pro careers. I'm sure there are other options available but I think returning to play at UConn is the least likely to happen.

Reaction Score
If we get a normal season with no Covid interruptions RJ and Tyrese will get 30 games to showcase themselves. I don't foresee either of them returning to play at UConn next year. Hurley will have a discussion with them after this season. Three possible scenarios could be going pro somewhere, coming back to UConn where playing time could be the same but most likely will be reduced, or playing an additional year at another school where they would be guaranteed starters and possibly the go to guy to enhance their pro careers. I'm sure there are other options available but I think returning to play at UConn is the least likely to happen.
Why? If they like it at UConn and have good years on the court while making decent NIL money, it doesn't seem crazy to think coming back would be an intriguing option for both sides.

QDOG5

Reaction Score
I didn't consider the NIL aspect. I still think DH will thank them and tell them it's time to move on. I guess another scenario is that other players on the roster leave the program and free up scholarships. DH is looking to add at least 3 schollies next year. They've got to come from somewhere.

Reaction Score
I didn't consider the NIL aspect. I still think DH will thank them and tell them it's time to move on. I guess another scenario is that other players on the roster leave the program and free up scholarships. DH is looking to add at least 3 schollies next year. They've got to come from somewhere.
I think you have 2022 confused with 2023. We need the schollies for 2023 players. If Cole and Martin go and we filled their scholarships with 2022 players, we would only have Gaffney to replace in 2023 where we are recruiting Bowen, Griffith, Edwards, Wilcher, Castle, Miranda, Buzelis, Bradshaw, Middleton, etc. In 2022 I think Westry is the only name left that we have been mentioned with. If Cole and/or Martin leave, then as fans we need to root for a 2023 reclass or a 1 yr player.

MJ1

Reaction Score
Is this list accurate? Cam Whitmore is listed as UNC commit but last week said his top 3 were UNC, Nova, and Illinois. Is there a confirmation on UNC commitment?

Reaction Score
Is this list accurate? Cam Whitmore is listed as UNC commit but last week said his top 3 were UNC, Nova, and Illinois. Is there a confirmation on UNC commitment?
Whitmore has not committed. The general consensus is it will be Villanova.

MJ1

Reaction Score
That would be good for the Big East, thanks for the update!

QDOG5

Reaction Score
I think you have 2022 confused with 2023. We need the schollies for 2023 players. If Cole and Martin go and we filled their scholarships with 2022 players, we would only have Gaffney to replace in 2023 where we are recruiting Bowen, Griffith, Edwards, Wilcher, Castle, Miranda, Buzelis, Bradshaw, Middleton, etc. In 2022 I think Westry is the only name left that we have been mentioned with. If Cole and/or Martin leave, then as fans we need to root for a 2023 reclass or a 1 yr player.
I guess I need to have Scholarship Grid in front of me before I start commenting. I'll recuse myself from digging my hole further. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Hurley has done amazingly well but let’s face it, UCONN and just about every other team is fighting an uphill battle in recruiting against the likes Duke, Kentucky, and UNC. They are fully locked and reloaded every year and CBS and ESPN give them the national tv exposure and promotion to continue that. I thought winning that last championship with KO would continue that but penalties , violations, and conference shift sent us into a tailspin. You recruit the best you can and then hope you get on a tourney run like in 2011 and 2014. Be in position like Nova has been able to do lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom