Update on Paige [Merged Thread] | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Update on Paige [Merged Thread]

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
all research is appreciated, don't let people detract you with the "are you a doctor" line.
To have a competent opinion on a medical issue concerning a particular person, one must satisfy two requirements: (a) one must have pertinent medical credentials; and (b) one must have examined the patient.

Medical professionals on the internet can talk about averages or tendencies, but (as they would probably acknowledge) they cannot diagnose a patient whom they haven't seen. So their comments may help us generally understand Paige's condition, but they cannot tell us something as specific as her expected return date.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Paige and her family have sought other opinions about the right treatment for her injury. The goal of course is for the fracture to heal completely so that the tibial plateau is restored to its condition before the injury. Will that happen through the natural healing process or is surgery required? That's the question and the answer depends on the nature and location of the fracture which is known only to those who've reviewed the imaging. Paige and her family are doing the right thing in seeking opinions on that question.

According to Geno a decision will be made soon.

Reaction Score
I had a TIBIAL PLATEAU FRACTURE. It was from tramatic injury, hardly
what Paige had. My injury REQUIRED surgery = check out the various
types of Plateau injuries = no real " minor" ones ( unless it was a " crack")
but there are MANY really ugly ones ( which I don't think Paige had). So
IMO with "surgery" Paige has the better chance for a enhanced, stronger healing
and long term excellent results, Best Wishes, Paige, Zarathustra, M.D.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Yeah that person seems to hate Uconn. That person gets upset when you talk bad about players and coaches from other programs, but they openly bash Uconn players and coaches. That person is a waste of time.
Yup and their bee ess posts just keep on coming...

Reaction Score
Current WNBA CBA runs through 2027. I don't expect either side to consider 1 and done prior to then.
Considering that ending such a policy would benefit about 1 player a year, if that, I can’t see the tremendous push to change it.

As it is, if you’re not one of the first 15-20 players picked you don’t last in the W.

If players were really convinced they were being harmed, they’d go to Europe for a few years.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
That’s what that Ignore button is for. If you wouldn’t listen to crap in a sports bar why would you read it here?
I do use the button on occasion but unfortunately it prevents us from seeing any threads that are posted by them, including important ones like post game threads.
It also seems that if you ignored me, not only would you no longer see my posts but I don't see your posts either.
I guess that makes sense .

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Please stop with the sniping at one another. Just because someone has an unpopular opinion doesn’t mean they can’t post it.

The flip side of that is, if you’re going to post unpopular opinions, don’t get on your high horse when people object.

Reaction Score
If she opts for surgery is she eligible to red shirt this year and have an additional year added to her playing time at uconn?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom