Uneven revenue distribution model picking up steam in the ACC? (The Clemson Insider) | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Uneven revenue distribution model picking up steam in the ACC? (The Clemson Insider)

Reaction Score
definitely not reading all this.

enjoy the football games with umass and liberty in november and the games on fs1 for basketball that no one watches.

uconn will never be in the big 12. we don't want you guys, lmao.
youre a jerk

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Bubba putting up with none of that nonsense.
Yeah, that wasn’t a good look for FSU. While I tend to think it was said to rile up fans and scare certain schools in the ACC, it does show a lack of class.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
What I don't get is we are roughly two months removed from the ACC altering their methodology for distributing revenues to member schools, are basically a month away from any games being played under that new model and FSU (who helped spearhead the change) is already complaining that the model needs to be changed.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What I don't get is we are roughly two months removed from the ACC altering their methodology for distributing revenues to member schools, are basically a month away from any games being played under that new model and FSU (who helped spearhead the change) is already complaining that the model needs to be changed.
At the time, I made the observation that if they're not gonna be happy anyway, why make a change.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't think the ACC has finalized the methodology, and it won't go into effect until 2024-2025. It's possible this is their way of trying to get the most favorable conditions. It's also possible they just got drunk.
FSU wants the methodology to be...all the money goes to FSU. The behavior is childish.

Reaction Score
-> More from ACC Commissioner Jim Phillips as the league is in the process of creating a $55M incentive pool to be awarded “based largely on football and basketball success,” according to SBJ’s Ben Portnoy, who notes the funding will come largely via the discounted shares taken by Stanford, Cal and SMU. Phillips: “Traditionally, revenue distribution in conferences had been equally distributed no matter what you did on the field, how many fans you drew, viewership, all of those things that people look at. The ACC just felt that it was time for us to be progressive in that area and to do something uniquely different. And so that’s where we ended up…to now distribute revenue differently.” (link) <-

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
FSU wants the methodology to be...all the money goes to FSU. The behavior is childish.
But effective, apparently.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
-> More from ACC Commissioner Jim Phillips as the league is in the process of creating a $55M incentive pool to be awarded “based largely on football and basketball success,” according to SBJ’s Ben Portnoy, who notes the funding will come largely via the discounted shares taken by Stanford, Cal and SMU. Phillips: “Traditionally, revenue distribution in conferences had been equally distributed no matter what you did on the field, how many fans you drew, viewership, all of those things that people look at. The ACC just felt that it was time for us to be progressive in that area and to do something uniquely different. And so that’s where we ended up…to now distribute revenue differently.” (link) <-

“Progressive” - hahahahahaha

Reaction Score
Years ago...annual salary increases were based on your rating for job perfotmance in many companies.

My grandfather was in sales and good at selling...he did very, very well on commision...So much so that he turned down a salaried manager position because he thought that would be a demotion.

Others did not thrive on commission sales and sought the comfort and certainty of a salary.

Reaction Score
Years ago...annual salary increases were based on your rating for job perfotmance in many companies.

My grandfather was in sales and good at selling...he did very, very well on commision...So much so that he turned down a salaried manager position because he thought that would be a demotion.

Others did not thrive on commission sales and sought the comfort and certainty of a salary.
Which has nothing to do with college sports but thanks for sharing about grandpa.

Reaction Score
Has to do with some relationship between performance and earnings...and has to do with college sports unless one is willfully ignoring that relationship in the modern sports world...

College football is no longer a game played by students who try out for their team...

Reaction Score
And is why Oklahoma, Texas, USC, et al left for another conference...more revenue that is closer to what they see their value being.

Reaction Score
A perspective that I think gets lost in all this is that college athletics and conferences did not originate as profit making models to maximize value for individual schools. It was about athletic competition on a somewhat level playing field with conferences aligned based on similar commitments to athletics and academics. Now, its full bore value maximization that is driving conference moves and soon to drive distributions within conferences.

It simply will not work over time for many of the schools inside and outside of the P4. I can almost guarantee you that in 10 years BC will not be in major conference. The competitive landscape in major college athletics will make no sense for them relative to their primary academic mission. That will be true for many institutions, including UCONN.

Reaction Score
And is why Oklahoma, Texas, USC, et al left for another conference...more revenue that is closer to what they see their value being.
Sure, all waited until they could leave or paid a price to get out of their GOR. Nothing stopping FSU from doing the same.

Reaction Score
Sure, all waited until they could leave or paid a price to get out of their GOR. Nothing stopping FSU from doing the same.
Assuming someone wants them.

Not clear that the BiG would want a school so different from the rest, nor that the SEC wants yet another school in its footprint.
Probably, but not a slam dunk.

To me, UNC is the bigger ACC prize out there. New markets for both leagues and fits in with both memberships.

Reaction Score
definitely not reading all this.

enjoy the football games with umass and liberty in november and the games on fs1 for basketball that no one watches.

uconn will never be in the big 12. we don't want you guys, lmao.
Liberty (6-0) or Cincy. This aged like a moldy bowl of skyline egg noodles and ketchup.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom