Underrated US Cities | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Underrated US Cities

Curiouser
Reaction Score
There are a million reasons to not like Houston. Food isn't one of them, IMO, unless you really hate SE Asian in addition to BBQ.
Yeah I had great Vietnamese food and great BBQ (Goode) there.

Also one of the best Mexican meals I've ever had, but that was at Hugo's, which probably qualifies as fancy-ish.

Reaction Score
Butte has historically been considered the black sheep city amongst Montanans once the copper boom ended.
nice enough place if you want to live on the biggest superfund site in the country. thanks Atlantic Richfield Corporation. absolutely criminal what they did to the north fork of the clark river.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just re-opened after a long COVID hiatus. It is a great place. Best beer bar in MA.

They just re-opened about a week ago. Awesome place. Best beer bar in MA. They haven't filled out the beer menu fully yet though. I'll probably wait until that happens before heading over.
Nice! I believe I will stop by after my 2nd vaccine in Worcester on Saturday!

Reaction Score
Burlington has been hit hard by Covid. I went for 4 nights including NYE and many of the mainstays have either closed for good or had closed for an extended period of time due to Covid. Hoping it recovers as things begin to open up

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Probably can’t consider it underrated anymore but Charleston has it all; beaches, history, character, bars, friendly/hot people, cleanliness. It’s the .

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Memphis is a good call. That place stinks. No disrespect to anyone who lives there.
Memphis is terrible the crime is out of control and they underreport. There are so many better places in TN. Visiting I would go downtown Nashville, Living I would go suburban Chattanooga.

Reaction Score
The Firm was a fine book/movie but as long as memphis has an nba team nothing makes sense

Reaction Score
Memphis is terrible the crime is out of control and they underreport. There are so many better places in TN. Visiting I would go downtown Nashville, Living I would go suburban Chattanooga.

I dated a girl from Vanderbilt way back when and she had a friend who lived on (in?) Lookout Mountain. Surprisingly nice.

Reaction Score
North Conway, New Hampshire. I took my daughter there for a week this past November. Lots of things to do there. Some stuff was closed due to covid though. Beautiful place.

Reaction Score
I dated a girl from Vanderbilt way back when and she had a friend who lived on (in?) Lookout Mountain. Surprisingly nice.

Lookout Mountain is a “town” as far as I know. It has some beautiful homes and nearby Chattanooga has plenty going for it. I went for a day or so once while exploring the area and liked it a lot. It appears quite affluent. Good one.

P.S. the big attraction there is the incline railroad up the mountain.

Reaction Score
There are a million reasons to not like Houston. Food isn't one of them, IMO, unless you really hate SE Asian in addition to BBQ.
When I lived there 20 years ago, I could roll out of bed for fantastic sushi at Cafe Japon, then walk across Kirby for killer Indian food at Madras Pavilion. The quality and diversity of food blew me away in the three years I lived in Houston.

Reaction Score
I was shockingly surprised at how much I enjoyed Pittsburgh. The historic district, theaters, the rivers - it was just a really cool place. I always had that image of Pitt as being dirty and with smoke stacks everywhere. Not such much anymore.

I couldn’t help but to think of Hartford while I was there. I feel Hartford should be on that same level as Pitt. Shame that it’s not.

Reaction Score
Don't forget the hail and tornados. I will say I appreciated the "Indian Summer" (can we still say that?) and early spring. It warms up faster and cools down more slowly than New England. Winter is cold, but short. Much less snow. High summer certainly a bit warm, but no worse than every place south and directly east of there.

We had two winters this winter.

Reaction Score
Out of curiosity what's awesome about it? I spent a week there once for a trial and didn't dig it.
I can’t comment on the local courtroom scene, but I’m staying on Santana Row and it’s a great spot. Tons of restaurants, shops, etc. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the vibe.

I could also be an easy grader after a year stuck at home though.

Reaction Score
^ made me laugh. Yeah dt sj is pretty cool. Loads of bars, restaurants, a light rail and if you’re into soccer an MLS team next to the airport. More unknown than underrated to me

Reaction Score
Nashville has actually become pretty awesome.

Charlotte is antiseptic.

Tampa/St. Pete, one of the best places to live; in Floriduh.

Reaction Score
Anyplace where you have to lock your doors or take the keys out of the ignition...Overrated!!

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
I can’t comment on the local courtroom scene, but I’m staying on Santana Row and it’s a great spot. Tons of restaurants, shops, etc. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the vibe.

I could also be an easy grader after a year stuck at home though.
La Victoria is the place to get a burrito if you haven't yet. The one on San Carlos by SJSU is the original, there are others now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom